• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cal Poly vs. PSU

Jaredkuehn said:
Cal Poly looked deserving of their ranking in the second half. Take note, they'll be a tough out in few weeks.

The next 3 home games are going to be fun ones.

AZGrizFan said:
Felt like i was watching a 2012 Griz team out there in PSU...lots of talent, but poor kicking game, below average tackling, ill-timed penalties, inaccurate QB...

Agreed, but I think the Griz have tightened up things on the good ship Griz. These 2 teams are going to be tough to beat...it is fortunate we get them both at WaGriz.

GrizMusician said:
AZGrizFan said:
GrizMusician said:
get'em_griz said:
#22 for Cal Poly looks a little mad... :coffee:

And PSU scores, misses PAT.

I'm so glad our kicking game is worst than PSU.

I don't blame him... the new targeting rule is a bit... excessive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe, but THAT was a bullshit play by #22. He deserved exactly what he got

Dirty play for sure, but I don't agree with other areas of the rule...

I just watched it about 10 times on DVR. I'm not sure I saw the dirtiness. Maybe my angle was bad. It looked like the ball could have been already gone (not catchable), but I don't know that he was targeting in the sense that the rule seeks to prevent. Maybe I'm not well-versed in the rule.

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizMusician said:
AZGrizFan said:
GrizMusician said:

I just watched it about 10 times on DVR. I'm not sure I saw the dirtiness. Maybe my angle was bad. It looked like the ball could have been already gone (not catchable), but I don't know that he was targeting in the sense that the rule seeks to prevent. Maybe I'm not well-versed in the rule.
It was a stupid play by Hubbard. He lowered his head. Had the PSU player not lost his helmet it might not have been called, but he put himself and team in a bad spot.

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizMusician said:
AZGrizFan said:
GrizMusician said:

Agree, the rules are nebulous and will remain that way in the concussion averse game we watch. Mistakes will be made on all levels but if they make the game safer for the players I don't have a problem with it. The alternative is no more football.

SloStang said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GrizMusician said:
AZGrizFan said:

It was a stupid play by Hubbard. He lowered his head. Had the PSU player not lost his helmet it might not have been called, but he put himself and team in a bad spot.

I think you're spot on re: losing the helmet. Had it stayed on, I think it's a no-call. I just hate the subjectivity of the targeting rule in general. So, maybe I'm jaded.

CDAGRIZ said:
SloStang said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GrizMusician said:

I think you're spot on re: losing the helmet. Had it stayed on, I think it's a no-call. I just hate the subjectivity of the targeting rule in general. So, maybe I'm jaded.

I think many feel the same way, you just hope it doesn't bite you in the ass on a sketchy call in a game like...oh...let's say EWU, MSU, playoff...that's my concern.

Maxim said:
Maybe Poly's football success should be awarded with new jerseys. Theirs are all torn to shitt. How embarrassing. :eek:
For Nike. New last year and only worn twice last year and twice this year. Cal Poly is 4-0 wearing them and 2-0 against PSU wearing them. Same jerseys worn by West Virgina.

SloStang said:
Maxim said:
Maybe Poly's football success should be awarded with new jerseys. Theirs are all torn to shitt. How embarrassing. :eek:
For Nike. New last year and only worn twice last year and twice this year. Cal Poly is 4-0 wearing them and 2-0 against PSU wearing them. Same jerseys worn by West Virgina.

But urine is a slow killer of all textiles. Guarding the laundry room could be the key to prolonging the whites. Just a thought.

UM is going to kick the snot outta both these teams.

Other than pathetic kicking which is sadly reminiscent of Griz kicking atm these teams suck pussycat hairballs.

A few thoughts after watching this game:

1. PSU's lack of discipline bit them in the ass.
2. Both teams have quality running backs in Ivory and Adams.
3. PSU has 19 FBS transfers, 11 of which they picked up in the last year. Good and bad.
4. I wish we had PSU's strong safety, Fadden. That kid is a gamer.
5. That big receiver (#1) for PSU is a real load in one on one situations.
6. Poly's QB, Chris Brown, will be very good.
7. My wife thought both teams had ugly uniforms. I didn't notice.

Tokyogriz said:
UM is going to kick the snot outta both these teams.

Other than pathetic kicking which is sadly reminiscent of Griz kicking atm these teams suck pussycat hairballs.

Sometimes your best defense is a tremendous offense, and you can't say Either teams offenses suck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

grizcountry420 said:
I knew Cal Poly was a better team! Portland St is Portland St.. That's all they'll ever be.

This!

Nothing more than a lackluster commuter school with a cobbled together football program. I bet you could hear your watch "ticking" during a homecoming game.

get'em_griz said:
Cal Poly saved my Big Sky Picks! :D

Bullshit! From the beginning, this game was a setup designed to knock me from my rightful place atop the leaderboard!

Back