• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can we beat NDSU?

westnodak93bison said:
I was just informed the last time MT beat NDSU in FB was 1941 and NDSU leads the series 4-3.

2015 to bring the series to 4-4 :clap: bring it bitch!!

nzone said:
westnodak93bison said:
I was just informed the last time MT beat NDSU in FB was 1941 and NDSU leads the series 4-3.

I guess asking to beat NDSU once every 70+ years isn't too much to ask. :lol: Kind of strange we have played only 7 times.

Catsrback76 said:
nzone said:
westnodak93bison said:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM[/youtube]

There is always a chance......... if you actually play them.

westnodak93bison said:
Has MT ever beat a #1 ranked team in the regular season? What would you consider your biggest non conference regular season win?
2011 vs MSU...though it was vacated. Other than that, aside from playing NDSU last season, when was the last time we even played the #1 team during the regular season? I checked Wikipedia and they only show the ranking of our opponents back to the 1995 season.

Beat Montana State in 2011. I believe they were ranked #1 at that time. Biggest non conference regular season win will be Aug 29, 2015.

Westnodak938373849bison, please kindly take seven seconds to figure out the quote function before posting again, as a bizon fan, on eGriz.com, in May.

Yukon said:
Beat Montana State in 2011. I believe they were ranked #1 at that time. Biggest non conference regular season win will be Aug 29, 2015.

Meh, I wouldn't consider the win over UNDSU the biggest non-conference win. We've played and beat much better programs. Outside of the Dakotas, I'm not even sure how many people know what UNDSU is. I'm guessing not very many. Most probably think a win over the Sioux is the better victory since that is the flagship.

Our big wins over #1's have come in the playoffs, not the regular season. JMU in their house; '08 and Marshall in their house '95 come to mind.

Our big wins over #1's have come in the playoffs, not the regular season. JMU in their house '08, and Marshall in their house '95, come to mind.

westnodak93bison said:
Has MT ever beat a #1 ranked team in the regular season? What would you consider your biggest non conference regular season win?

Far more often than not, Montana WAS the #1 ranked team.

EverettGriz said:
westnodak93bison said:

Far more often than not, Montana WAS the #1 ranked team.

How is this possible? I don't think I remember the Griz being ranked #1 in the entire 4 year existence of FCS football. *eats 12 sugar cookies*

-Any UNDSU Fan

CDAGRIZ said:
Yukon said:

Meh, I wouldn't consider the win over UNDSU the biggest non-conference win. We've played and beat much better programs. Outside of the Dakotas, I'm not even sure how many people know what UNDSU is. I'm guessing not very many. Most probably think a win over the Sioux is the better victory since that is the flagship.

Wait, UNDSU are the Sioux, right?

AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yukon said:

Wait, UNDSU are the Sioux, right?

They were. They had to change their nickname to the Thunder Bison (Buffs or T-Buffs for short) after the tribe got upset that the Fargo campus was using Sioux. This was back when there was some sort of dust up about the hockey team having more support than the football team, which also led to the Buffs playing in the b-ball gym. Most people thought the university president was behind that move and the nickname change. In the end, only the main campus was allowed to retain the Sioux nickname which they retain to this day. UNDSU hasn't been the Sioux for about 25 years now, but they were the time before we played them last.

Well it has certainly been interesting reading all the comments….thanks all for pitching in.

Yeah NDSU has a great team, yeah they're 4-time defending national champions, yeah yeah yeah….

They're such a good team maybe we should buy our way out of the game ala MSU?

Nah, on second thought, bring it. It will take them a while to figure out how to play in Wa Griz.

Back