• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cat--erwauling

CDAGRIZ said:
mcg said:
What's the point of the 'this isn't the NFL' comment? Is coach ron ash trying to say he'd like to waive his defense, but can't?

It's hilarious. By making this statement, he is necessarily doing exactly what the rest of the statement says he never does (but that we've all seen him do countless times). I'm convinced he just doesn't have a fully functional brain. The fact that he has this job should outrage all taxpayers in Montana.

Can we still get the lifetime contract done?

I'm not yet convinced we will win in Bozeman, but the Cats will continue to struggle mightily. The Bozeman Chronicle today included a line that the MSU defense, minus the Fort Lewis game, is giving up 46 points and 526 yards a game. You can have top-notch offense, and Prukop provides that, and you still aren't going to win many games if you have to score 47.

Buttegrizzle said:
The Cats have definite offensive firepower potential but it's not multi-dimensional. Stop Prukop running and they won't do much. Seems like every series is kept alive by a QB run. Griz linebackers will feast on that. And the Cat defense? Possibly worse than anybody with the exception of ISU.

Prukop didn't run much at all against Cal Poly, and we killed them.

big kahuna said:
I'm not yet convinced we will win in Bozeman, but the Cats will continue to struggle mightily. The Bozeman Chronicle today included a line that the MSU defense, minus the Fort Lewis game, is giving up 46 points and 526 yards a game. You can have top-notch offense, and Prukop provides that, and you still aren't going to win many games if you have to score 47.
Exactly, and they sure as hell aren't going to score 47 against the Griz.

Looks like a few fans are pretty restless and ready for some tar and feathers...

Make sure to read the comments posted.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/football/bobcats-defense-again-facing-questions-after-nau-loss/article_17db5d5d-4d65-5e0d-a0f2-093b5e4b179c.html

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Looks like a few fans are pretty restless and ready for some tar and feathers...

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/football/bobcats-defense-again-facing-questions-after-nau-loss/article_17db5d5d-4d65-5e0d-a0f2-093b5e4b179c.html

It's interesting that being a native Montanan seems to carry a lot of weight in terms of coach qualifications.

Blgs Griz Fan said:

They bag on Ash for the offense and give Ione a pass yet the offense puts up huge numbers and the defense stinks. And frankly I don't think recruiting more Montana kids is their issue either. Great if you can do it and win but again not the central issue. Their linebackers and CBs disappear once the runner gets to the second level. What would typically be short yardage plays turn into huge gains. Poor effort or maybe lacking talent.

4f2e4a602bf16us_415065788.gif

"There will never be any division on this team.” ~ Beamer Ash

Made me think of Scat fall camp this year when Colter tweeted one of the Scat players had just punched out another. The recipient likely wasn't committed.

I do feel sorry for Cat fans. I wonder how long it will take them to realize they may need a new head coach. Pretty dim group overall.

CDAGRIZ said:
mcg said:
What's the point of the 'this isn't the NFL' comment? Is coach ron ash trying to say he'd like to waive his defense, but can't?

It's hilarious. By making this statement, he is necessarily doing exactly what the rest of the statement says he never does (but that we've all seen him do countless times). I'm convinced he just doesn't have a fully functional brain. The fact that he has this job should outrage all taxpayers in Montana.
I read somewhere that there might have been a tragic ladder accident (potentially involving 2 glasses of chardonnay) while trimming an azalea bush during the offseason. Potential TBI. Sad.

signedbewildered said:
"There will never be any division on this team.” ~ Beamer Ash

Made me think of Scat fall camp this year when Colter tweeted one of the Scat players had just punched out another. The recipient likely wasn't committed.

I'm starting to think freelance blogger Condi Nimitz actually likes following the Cats. For a Griz fan like him, blogging about that shitstorm of a program must be rather amusing.

Not to pile on...but I am. Note the lack of msu cant fans posting on our board? And we have not begun the famous November scat Melt Down yet. Climate change got to the cants earlier this season. Seems backwards but be glad you ain't no msu fan!

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
mcg said:

I read somewhere that there might have been a tragic ladder accident (potentially involving 2 glasses of chardonnay) while trimming an azalea bush during the offseason. Potential TBI. Sad.

That is sad. Here's to hoping the summer salad with mango and DVR recording of 27 Dresses didn't go to waste as a result of the accident. Then again, it's the right time of year for Coach Ron Ash. He'll throw on his yoga pants, order a pumpkin spice latte, and be just fine. #justronthings

Holy shit. I can't believe I missed this. Did Ronald seriously say that he "never complains about personnel"? I mean, some griz fan had to photoshop that, right?
If not, what fucking planet does he live on? Seriously, name me a coach who throws more kids under the bus than him? Good God the dude has to be the most delusional coach on earth. So that whole "commitment" speech was either not a "complaint" or had nothing to do with "personnel"? mmmkay
He is by far my favorite coach, with his beady eyes, feathered hair, MC Hammer Dockers, and willingness to say the most absurd things at the absolute worst times. I heard the working title for his new book is Skinning the Cats: There's more than one way.
Hope he stays their coach forever! In fact, B-dub should pin a new donation thread so we all can contribute.

CDAGRIZ said:
mcg said:

I hope he spends the next 10 plus years there. I am happy to pay part of his salary!!!!!!

Umista said:
Not to pile on...but I am. Note the lack of msu cant fans posting on our board? And we have not begun the famous November scat Melt Down yet. Climate change got to the cants earlier this season. Seems backwards but be glad you ain't no msu fan!

Calm down Cannuckian, we're still here and we're damn proud to be Bobcat fans. That will never change no matter who plays, who coaches, if we suck, or if we're awesome. That's a foreign concept for some of you bandwagon ewes, I get it, but as we say in Bozeman

WIN OR LOSE, WE STILL BOOZE
Bobcat Born, Bobcat Bred, I'll be a Bobcat 'till I'm dead.

LongTimeCatFan said:
Umista said:

Calm down Cannuckian, we're still here.
Except now with far less mouth-running. :coffee:

Back