• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats 4-star Recruit Dismissed from Team

CDAGRIZ said:
grizpack said:
Here is Colter Nuanez' article on it. Pretty revealing.

http://bobcatnation.com/node/1046" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"He field offers from the Pac 12 to the Big Ten, eventually choosing Arizona State."

"Marino had been the top of more than 600 posts and the subject of more than 40,000 page views on BobcatNation."

Again. Half as long.

"MSU was expected to sign 22 players on Feb. 5, but one came as a surprise . . . He was dismissed on October 15, meaning he was a Bobcat for 71 days.

Please explain.
71 days from when he became officially academically eligible at the start of fall camp to the day he was dismissed.

OptimusPrime said:
They gave him a chance, it didn't work out, end of story.

Right. The college football world is littered with kids who had great talent, but could not stay out of trouble. The ONLY way an FCS team signs a legit 4-star high school kid is if that kid has lots of skeletons in his closet.

Umista said:
This is all and every bit the fault of msu.

Burnt ash tried but could not get this kid over the hump.

100 kids and you are likely to get a bad one.

4 star? Best stick with two star and below. They all can read and write .....
I would place more blame on the school system he obviously was warehoused in. His high school is among the leading athletic centers in the country. Every year, this year included, they are among the leaders in a very good football player producing state. Sadly, academics apparently were not his strong suit. He should never have been allowed to play football. I wonder just how many other kids are cheated of their futures by over zealous parents and coaches and fans. That no Calif school would touch him speaks volumes. They seemed to know something MSU did not or care to know...sad..

OptimusPrime said:
They gave him a chance, it didn't work out, end of story.

Right. The college football world is littered with kids who had great talent, but could not stay out of trouble. The ONLY way an FCS team signs a legit 4-star high school kid is if that kid has lots of skeletons in his closet.

No smack here. First off, kudos to Ash and his staff for reaching out and getting the kid. Secondly, kudos to Ash and his staff for not putting up if the kid is a mental one man wrecking crew. No matter if it was off or on ( though it sounds like it was on) the field conduct.
Sad really, too bad the kid couldn't get it together. Bozo is better off without him. I applaud that staff for seeing past the talent for the better part of their team. I have long been an Ash fan and I continue to think he progresses the state program forward. Sorry for the loss Cat fans but if the tea leaves are true the way they read...you guys will be just fine w/o him. Given his limited stats, I think the right choice was made and a better kid deserves the scholly.

Pin2Win said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizpack said:
Here is Colter Nuanez' article on it. Pretty revealing.

http://bobcatnation.com/node/1046" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"He field offers from the Pac 12 to the Big Ten, eventually choosing Arizona State."

"Marino had been the top of more than 600 posts and the subject of more than 40,000 page views on BobcatNation."

Again. Half as long.

"MSU was expected to sign 22 players on Feb. 5, but one came as a surprise . . . He was dismissed on October 15, meaning he was a Bobcat for 71 days.

Please explain.
71 days from when he became officially academically eligible at the start of fall camp to the day he was dismissed.

So Bozeman signees can't call themselves Bobcats until they become officially academically eligible?

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
No smack here. First off, kudos to Ash and his staff for reaching out and getting the kid. Secondly, kudos to Ash and his staff for not putting up if the kid is a mental one man wrecking crew. No matter if it was off or on ( though it sounds like it was on) the field conduct.
Sad really, too bad the kid couldn't get it together. Bozo is better off without him. I applaud that staff for seeing past the talent for the better part of their team. I have long been an Ash fan and I continue to think he progresses the state program forward. Sorry for the loss Cat fans but if the tea leaves are true the way they read...you guys will be just fine w/o him. Given his limited stats, I think the right choice was made and a better kid deserves the scholly.

This!

I'm going there. Dude's a Thug. Monsignor-Cardinal-Holier-Than-Thou PW publicly railed against UM bringing in these sordid types but its OK if bozo recruits a soiled dove? Really? We get shit when we give kids a second chance and its OK when bobkitties do it? WTF?

NorthEndZoneDan said:
I'm going there. Dude's a Thug. Monsignor-Cardinal-Holier-Than-Thou PW publicly railed against UM bringing in these sordid types but its OK if bozo recruits a soiled dove? Really? We get shit when we give kids a second chance and its OK when bobkitties do it? WTF?

Jesus man. Put the cold medicine down and get a hold of yourself.

IroneagleXP said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Interesting that an "eagle" fan would care.

I seriously wonder why all you cat fans are embarrassed to admit you root for them.

EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

I seriously wonder why all you cat fans are embarrassed to admit you root for them.
Why do I have to be a Cat fan to comment on what someone else said. Have a bit of a complex their "big bro"...?
I am a fan of EWU. I grew up in Bellingham WA. I side with the "cat trolls" a lot because they are usually right. And to be completely honest, they are a better team. Well let me rephrase that, they are a much easier team to like, and are a hell of a lot more exciting to watch. And it's been fun to watch the emergence of EWU and MSU and the simultaneous fading of griz dominance. Most of all it is interesting ( and highly entertaining-- like people watching at the mall during the holidays) to observe the fan base of a program that is steadily losing relevance. Egriz attracts so many "trolls" because you guys are so damn sensitive and reactive, due mostly in part to the point I have just made. People like yourself, Everett, are fun to mess with on occasion, but you are not a blind believer in the griz. That is why playarape is so much fun, he actually deludes himself into thinking the ship hasn't been sinking for these past few years. So please, continue to banter back and forth with me. Oh, and don't forget to use those really insulting emoticons.

CDAGRIZ said:
IroneagleXP said:
Have a bit of a complex their "big bro"...?

There is so much fail packed into this sentence that I can't even begin.

Haha CDA you little slutty. I was hoping you would come out of the woodwork. Town pump got you working the graveyard again?

IroneagleXP said:
CDAGRIZ said:
IroneagleXP said:

Haha CDA you little slutty. I was hoping you would come out of the woodwork. Town pump got you working the graveyard again?

You tried that one before. Failed.

CDAGRIZ said:
IroneagleXP said:
CDAGRIZ said:
IroneagleXP said:

Wow. There is so much fail in your purported fail that you failed. Errr...yea that's right.

set-sail-for-fail_zps4cbda27c.jpg

Not related but funny
36-Robin-hood-dog_zps78e29d98.jpg

IroneagleXP said:
CDAGRIZ said:
IroneagleXP said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Wow. There is so much fail in your purported fail that you failed.

I tried that one before. Succeeded.

IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Why do I have to be a Cat fan to comment on what someone else said. Have a bit of a complex their "big bro"...?
I am a fan of EWU. I grew up in Bellingham WA. I side with the "cat trolls" a lot because they are usually right. And to be completely honest, they are a better team. Well let me rephrase that, they are a much easier team to like, and are a hell of a lot more exciting to watch. And it's been fun to watch the emergence of EWU and MSU and the simultaneous fading of griz dominance. Most of all it is interesting ( and highly entertaining-- like people watching at the mall during the holidays) to observe the fan base of a program that is steadily losing relevance. Egriz attracts so many "trolls" because you guys are so damn sensitive and reactive, due mostly in part to the point I have just made. People like yourself, Everett, are fun to mess with on occasion, but you are not a blind believer in the griz. That is why playarape is so much fun, he actually deludes himself into thinking the ship hasn't been sinking for these past few years. So please, continue to banter back and forth with me. Oh, and don't forget to use those really insulting emoticons.

A program that is losing relevance...please. I guess that is why you are here everyday huh. I guess that is why the Griz were a playoff team last season. I guess that is why the Montana Grizzlies are currently rated in the top ten. I guess that is why trolls like yourself continue to hang out here. I guess your post proves the Griz ship be sinking.

Seriously, if the Griz have lost their relevance then why the hell to you continue to waste your time/life here. Guess what Einstein, the emergence of EWU and MSU's offense has taken place, their defense not so much. Your fan bases are so irrelevant that you cannot do anything productive on your own fan sites so you religiously follow Griz Nation on places like Egriz, which much like the Montana Grizzlies, sets the gold standard at the FCS level.

IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Time for another new screen name bigsky33ironeagle. This current act is played out.

If you are open to recommendations, may I suggest pretending to be an NDSU fan next time? Ya know, just to mix things up a bit.

IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Back