• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats 4-star Recruit Dismissed from Team

Im in the Jimmy Wilson fan club. I was there cheering his return to Griz Nation after his kangaroo court debacle. There was a ton of crap tossed at the Griz because he was allowed to return to school and the team. I am a big believer in a second chance, whether its academics, athletics, or the justice system. My point is very simple, there is a lot of hypocrisy thrown around when Ash gives this kid a second chance and people applaud and then people trash us for doing the same thing.

Interesting how one talent makes a decision or two and ends up not "making" it, while another talent does. This kid could have been another Kroy Biermann so I feel pretty bad. Nice comments, mostly, about MSU giving this kid a shot, then doing the right thing and dismissing him.

It's easy to forget that doing the right thing can be unsatisfying.

IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
I'm going there. Dude's a Thug. Monsignor-Cardinal-Holier-Than-Thou PW publicly railed against UM bringing in these sordid types but its OK if bozo recruits a soiled dove? Really? We get shit when we give kids a second chance and its OK when bobkitties do it? WTF?

Jesus man. Put the cold medicine down and get a hold of yourself.

Interesting that an "eagle" fan would care.

I seriously wonder why all you cat fans are embarrassed to admit you root for them.
Why do I have to be a Cat fan to comment on what someone else said. Have a bit of a complex their "big bro"...?
I am a fan of EWU. I grew up in Bellingham WA. I side with the "cat trolls" a lot because they are usually right. And to be completely honest, they are a better team. Well let me rephrase that, they are a much easier team to like, and are a hell of a lot more exciting to watch. And it's been fun to watch the emergence of EWU and MSU and the simultaneous fading of griz dominance. Most of all it is interesting ( and highly entertaining-- like people watching at the mall during the holidays) to observe the fan base of a program that is steadily losing relevance. Egriz attracts so many "trolls" because you guys are so damn sensitive and reactive, due mostly in part to the point I have just made. People like yourself, Everett, are fun to mess with on occasion, but you are not a blind believer in the griz. That is why playarape is so much fun, he actually deludes himself into thinking the ship hasn't been sinking for these past few years. So please, continue to banter back and forth with me. Oh, and don't forget to use those really insulting emoticons.
That is possibly the douchiest thing I've ever read on here. Well done?

Apparently, Ash is no Kramer. This kid would never have been recruited to Kramers team. From the Idaho State Journal article about Kramers contract extension: “We were faced with liars, sneaks, cheaters and thieves,” Kramer said. “Those guys played like it — were academic like that, were social like that. We don’t have guys like that in our program (anymore) anywhere — absolutely not a guy.”

statler & waldorf said:
Apparently, Ash is no Kramer. This kid would never have been recruited to Kramers team. From the Idaho State Journal article about Kramers contract extension: “We were faced with liars, sneaks, cheaters and thieves,” Kramer said. “Those guys played like it — were academic like that, were social like that. We don’t have guys like that in our program (anymore) anywhere — absolutely not a guy.”

He sure has learned from his own mistakes.

IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
I'm going there. Dude's a Thug. Monsignor-Cardinal-Holier-Than-Thou PW publicly railed against UM bringing in these sordid types but its OK if bozo recruits a soiled dove? Really? We get shit when we give kids a second chance and its OK when bobkitties do it? WTF?

Jesus man. Put the cold medicine down and get a hold of yourself.

Interesting that an "eagle" fan would care.

I seriously wonder why all you cat fans are embarrassed to admit you root for them.
Why do I have to be a Cat fan to comment on what someone else said. Have a bit of a complex their "big bro"...?
I am a fan of EWU. I grew up in Bellingham WA. I side with the "cat trolls" a lot because they are usually right. And to be completely honest, they are a better team. Well let me rephrase that, they are a much easier team to like, and are a hell of a lot more exciting to watch. And it's been fun to watch the emergence of EWU and MSU and the simultaneous fading of griz dominance. Most of all it is interesting ( and highly entertaining-- like people watching at the mall during the holidays) to observe the fan base of a program that is steadily losing relevance. Egriz attracts so many "trolls" because you guys are so damn sensitive and reactive, due mostly in part to the point I have just made. People like yourself, Everett, are fun to mess with on occasion, but you are not a blind believer in the griz. That is why playarape is so much fun, he actually deludes himself into thinking the ship hasn't been sinking for these past few years. So please, continue to banter back and forth with me. Oh, and don't forget to use those really insulting emoticons.

As soon as the Griz become Irrelevant so does the BigSky and FCS...so your little shit community college better pray to god that never happens...the entire Big Sky conf has been riding the curtails of the Griz for the past 25 years and just now are starting to make a little headway...again you better pray we stay relevant or don't move up...because we know EWU isn't carrying the BSC like the Griz have the last 25 yrs DOUCHE BAG

Guy sounds like a POS. Just a matter of time before he gets his face rearranged outside the R Bar. Better to leave now.

OptimusPrime said:
What were we talking about again?

cat fan douches pretending to be fans of other teams as they're too embarrassed to admit they're cat fans (while fully and completely understandable, hardly noble).

Before we get all high and mighty about what a solid recruiter Mike Kramer is, you might want to read up a bit on the upstanding young men -- and coaches -- he brought to Bozeman during his tenure at MSU. Funny that Kramer now boasts of cleaning house at ISU. What do you think Ash did once Kramer got the boot?

big kahuna said:
Before we get all high and mighty about what a solid recruiter Mike Kramer is, you might want to read up a bit on the upstanding young men -- and coaches -- he brought to Bozeman during his tenure at MSU. Funny that Kramer now boasts of cleaning house at ISU. What do you think Ash did once Kramer got the boot?

I knew the 4-star recruit was a head-case right away in fall camp. QB McQueary was wrapped up (kept standing) after he had a short run gain out of the pocket, in thud (practice where you don't bring the ball carrier to the ground--never the QB)...and the 4-star recruit kept running at him from out of view and well after the play ended delivered a forearm shiver/elbow to the neck and/or head area of the QB. McQueary's head snapped back. The coaches immediately got on the cheap shot player.

IntuitiveGriz said:
big kahuna said:

I knew the 4-star recruit was a head-case right away in fall camp. QB McQueary was wrapped up (kept standing) after he had a short run gain out of the pocket, in thud (practice where you don't bring the ball carrier to the ground--never the QB)...and the 4-star recruit kept running at him from out of view and well after the play ended delivered a forearm shiver/elbow to the neck and/or head area of the QB. McQueary's head snapped back. The coaches immediately got on the cheap shot player.

UND would take him in a heartbeat.

Marino was a really talented kid. He was a force. He had an injured achilles that slowed him down. Yes, he had an attitude. However, a defense needs that. He admitted that he was struggling in school and that the academics were too much for him. The coaches gave him a chance and I am sure they tried to give him the help. But, he was in over his head academically. It is too bad because he would have been a dominant player for sure.

bigsky33 said:
Marino was a really talented kid. He was a force. He had an injured achilles that slowed him down. Yes, he had an attitude. However, a defense needs that. He admitted that he was struggling in school and that the academics were too much for him. The coaches gave him a chance and I am sure they tried to give him the help. But, he was in over his head academically. It is too bad because he would have been a dominant player for sure.

Interesting because the word over on the cat board is he was bad for the team and him leaving will fix the defense instantly? Go figure.

I've told everyone that I've talked to about Merino that it was sweet that we got a 4 star, but I didn't expect we would have him more than a year. He didn't even make it that. Unfortunate for all parties involved, but he got the opportunity.

signedbewildered said:
bigsky33 said:

Interesting because the word over on the cat board is he was bad for the team and him leaving will fix the defense instantly? Go figure.
I don't believe anyone said it would fix the defense instantly, he barely saw the field the last three games.

Back