• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cheering for the C.A.T.S.

Who knew Larry Aasheim, owner of Universal Athletics, and Dean Folkvord, owner of Wheat Montana, could make such complete asses of themselves. That little "At our school, no means no" quip stirred up so much crap that Folkvord posted an apology on his company facebook page.
But that's what the UM is up against. There are a lot of respected Montanans who sometimes jokingly sometimes in all seriousness refer to UM as RapeU. I'm still waiting for UM leadership to look the world in the eye and say that's not the case.

I know, it's a goofy little video that seems all the more fun to trot out now that MSU's "win it all" season is in a smoldering heap.
That clueless stab at UM rape humor by two respected businessmen who should know better reminds me to keep voting with my wallet.

Thank you Mr. Pirate. A classic. Don't ever forget that the MSU administration directly assisted with the production of that video (read the credits at the end).

mcg said:
Thank you Mr. Pirate. A classic. Don't ever forget that the MSU administration directly assisted with the production of that video (read the credits at the end).

Guys have been fired for less than that at Montana.

griz4life said:
mcg said:

Damn right! Now how do I get that freaking song out of my brain?

Go Griz!

NLGrizFan said:
What a bunch of buffoons. That is the worst thing I've ever seen. Still haven't (and won't ever) buy a crumb from Wheat Montana. Losers.
Decided to spend our 900 dollars for our fundraiser with 2 other companies. No more business for them.

griz4life said:
Who knew Larry Aasheim, owner of Universal Athletics, and Dean Folkvord, owner of Wheat Montana, could make such complete asses of themselves. That little "At our school, no means no" quip stirred up so much crap that Folkvord posted an apology on his company facebook page.
But that's what the UM is up against. There are a lot of respected Montanans who sometimes jokingly sometimes in all seriousness refer to UM as RapeU. I'm still waiting for UM leadership to look the world in the eye and say that's not the case.

I know, it's a goofy little video that seems all the more fun to trot out now that MSU's "win it all" season is in a smoldering heap.
That clueless stab at UM rape humor by two respected businessmen who should know better reminds me to keep voting with my wallet.

So what do you consider more embarrassing...

1) That it is made by Montana businessmen
2) The ridiculous video itself
3) The rape innuendo
4) Threatening people with lawsuits out of humiliation

dupuyer griz said:
NLGrizFan said:
What a bunch of buffoons. That is the worst thing I've ever seen. Still haven't (and won't ever) buy a crumb from Wheat Montana. Losers.
Decided to spend our 900 dollars for our fundraiser with 2 other companies. No more business for them.

Never another penny from me.

mcg said:
griz4life said:
mcg said:

Damn right! Now how do I get that freaking song out of my brain?

Go Griz!
I didn't even listen to the stupid thing this time around and its still been stuck in my head for the last few hours. Stupid, stupid, stupid song. Go Griz!

jodcon said:
griz4life said:

3) The rape innuendo

#4 takes the cake in my book.

jodcon said:
griz4life said:

3) The rape innuendo

More? It's all one in the same. The lawsuit is just laughable, given how fair use laws apply to something posted online. It's not like anyone changed the content of the video. I don't know who made the lawsuit threat, but to suggest that reposting the material is libelous is just wrong.

CDAGRIZ said:
No fewer than three co-workers have asked why I'm listening to "YMCA on repeat." Idiots.

Did you answer because it's fun to cheer for the C--A--T--S while awkwardly marching in place?

Potomac Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
No fewer than three co-workers have asked why I'm listening to "YMCA on repeat." Idiots.

Did you answer because it's fun to cheer for the C--A--T--S while awkwardly marching in place?

Uh, yeah! I feel bad you even had to ask.

CDAGRIZ said:
Potomac Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I should have known! I'll go turn in my blue Bobcat cup right now. I don't deserve to drink from it :(

CDAGRIZ said:

CDA-
My heartfelt thanks. I had a sh!t day, and this still has me busting a gut.

jodcon said:
griz4life said:

3) The rape innuendo

5.) Their arrogance/ignorance/hypocrisy regarding their own rape problems.
http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/mont...pe/-/14594602/21962926/-/9tnd5wz/-/index.html
http://www.montana.edu/news/11037/msu-alert-update-second-rape-reported-to-bozeman-police
http://newstalk955.com/montana-state-university-notifies-students-of-rape-report/

All separate incidences, mind you...

You're absolutely right, DoubleNicks. It's amazing how much better MSU is at not being sullied by this issue and how much different the Bozeman Daily Chronicle approaches this stuff.

Potomac Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Potomac Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I should have known! I'll go turn in my blue Bobcat cup right now. I don't deserve to drink from it :(

Don't be so hard on yourself. We're all learning to deal with the rediscovered awesomeness.

Wow, couple this abomination with the Cat's Hall of Fame crappers in the other thread and well, I am just at a loss for words/smack.

I always thought Universal Athletics sucked anyway. I'll stick with the UM Bookstore for my Griz gear.

Haven't patronized Wheat Montana since either.

Worst POS video I've ever watched. FTC!!

mcg said:
dupuyer griz said:
NLGrizFan said:

Never another penny from me.
:thumb: Glad to hear this!!

Back