• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Conference Champs: Remaining Games

havgrizfan said:
WILDCATFAN said:
UTGrizFan said:
oGriz said:
(Conference record)

North Dakota (4-0)
Oct 22 at Idaho State (1-2)
Oct 29 Weber State (3-0)
Nov 5 at Northern Colorado (1-2)
Nov 12 Northern Arizona (2-2)

Eastern Washington (3-0)
Oct 22 at Montana State (0-4)
Oct 29 Montana (2-1)
Nov 5 at Cal Poly (2-1)
Nov 12 Idaho State (1-2)
Nov 18 at Portland State (1-3)

Weber State (3-0)
Oct 22 at Southern Utah (2-2)
Oct 29 at North Dakota (4-0)
Nov 5 Northern Arizona (2-2)
Nov 12 Cal Poly (2-1)
Nov 19 at Idaho State (1-2)

Montana (2-1)
Oct 22 at Northern Arizona (2-2)
Oct 29 at Eastern Washington (3-0)
Nov 5 Idaho State (1-2)
Nov 12 at Northern Colorado (1-2)
Nov 19 Montana State (0-4)

Cal Poly (2-1)
Oct 22 UC Davis (1-3)
Oct 29 at Sacramento State (1-3)
Nov 5 Eastern Washington (3-0)
Nov 12 at Weber State (3-0)
Nov 19 Northern Colorado (1-2)

Northern Arizona (2-2)
Oct 22 Montana (2-1)
Nov 5 at Weber State (3-0)
Nov 12 at North Dakota (4-0)
Nov 19 Southern Utah (2-2)

Honestly see this season ending like this based on thosexperience remaining schedules:

North Dakota (4-0 or 3-1): Despite having the easiest remaining schedule on paper I don't think it's to much to think that they could slip up, especially against WSU or UNC. I mean they did lose to ISU last season.

Eastern Washington (4-1): I don't see the Eagles winning out this season, especially with back to back games vs us then Cal Poly as they have allowed teams like UC-Davis to hang with them. They will lose one more game before playoffs.

Weber State (2-3 or 3-2): Despite winning all of their Big Sky Conference games so far when you look at the competition they have played you can argue that they haven't played really anyone. With back-to-back games against SUU and UND along with Cal Poly on the schedule I don't see them having any shot of winning out.

Montana (5-0 or 4-1): Definitely not trying to be biased but besides Eastern Washington we really should win the rest of our games even though in particular we should not take NAU or UNC lightly.

Cal Poly (5-0 or 4-1): The Mustangs offense looks like they are back to dominating form after a slip up at North Dakota. Though there are several decent teams left on their schedule the only game they should have a decent chance of losing is against Eastern Washington.

I honestly don't know why NAU is even on this list as I see them going 1-3 with the schedule they have left.

The same could be said for Montana, that argument is completely flawed right now. Montana has played one of the weakest schedules in the entire Big Sky yet everyone on here is putting them on a pedestal much higher than anyone else. It seems like on this forum if Montana plays a weak schedule its ok but if anyone else does it's frowned upon? I don't get the hypocrisy.

Montana's opponents this year are 14-26 and the best team Montana has faced, a 4-2 Cal Poly team, beat the Griz.

Im not saying the Griz aren't a good team cause they are, but Montana fans cant claim another Big Sky team isn't for real because of their schedule when the Griz have had just as weak or weaker a schedule. We will see what Weber is made of in the next few weeks, but the good teams beat the bad teams and that is what Weber is doing, just like Montana.

Wildcat, there's major flaw in your argument, and one that is a flaw with ever MSU poster, EWU poster, BSCwatcher, and alot of other nonGriz fans. And that flaw is, you guys came on board late summer and told us how, with our schedule we would be lucky to 6-5, 7-4 at best. Go look at those threads from July and August. Go look at the weekly prediction threads on here and on BN. You guys loved coming here to tell us the Griz would lose to UNI and even Southern Utah at home.

For many non-Griz fans, It's only AFTER the Griz start playing well that their schedule is a weak one. You guys all have your crystal balls working in overdrive in the summer telling us how much we're going to get our ass kicked and when we don't, all of a sudden, those crystal balls were wrong, and it was oh, the Griz would suck if they played this team and that team, ect.

So spot on its scary. You can add another perfect example of that with dogshit3gt and bigsky33 spouting off about how bad St Francis was and how Bryant would destroy them and we should be embarrassed. Well SFU just destroyed Bryant like 38-3. Where are those ass hats now? Furthermore SFU is Ranked 8th in the nation in total defense only giving up 279 ypg.

Actually AGAIN I was one of the fans who said Montana's schedule was weak and pathetic before the season started....

Need proof? ok here you go.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73860&p=1157705&hilit=schedule#p1157705

7th post down in a topic where once again a Griz fan was criticizing another Big Sky team's schedule...sound familiar?

Also I don't go on other fan's boards to tell them how bad they are or how bad they are gonna be, I usually only come on here to defend my team when those without facts try to state facts about them. Or to engage in good conversation.........which are few and VERY far between on this site.

havgrizfan said:
WILDCATFAN said:
UTGrizFan said:
oGriz said:
(Conference record)

North Dakota (4-0)
Oct 22 at Idaho State (1-2)
Oct 29 Weber State (3-0)
Nov 5 at Northern Colorado (1-2)
Nov 12 Northern Arizona (2-2)

Eastern Washington (3-0)
Oct 22 at Montana State (0-4)
Oct 29 Montana (2-1)
Nov 5 at Cal Poly (2-1)
Nov 12 Idaho State (1-2)
Nov 18 at Portland State (1-3)

Weber State (3-0)
Oct 22 at Southern Utah (2-2)
Oct 29 at North Dakota (4-0)
Nov 5 Northern Arizona (2-2)
Nov 12 Cal Poly (2-1)
Nov 19 at Idaho State (1-2)

Montana (2-1)
Oct 22 at Northern Arizona (2-2)
Oct 29 at Eastern Washington (3-0)
Nov 5 Idaho State (1-2)
Nov 12 at Northern Colorado (1-2)
Nov 19 Montana State (0-4)

Cal Poly (2-1)
Oct 22 UC Davis (1-3)
Oct 29 at Sacramento State (1-3)
Nov 5 Eastern Washington (3-0)
Nov 12 at Weber State (3-0)
Nov 19 Northern Colorado (1-2)

Northern Arizona (2-2)
Oct 22 Montana (2-1)
Nov 5 at Weber State (3-0)
Nov 12 at North Dakota (4-0)
Nov 19 Southern Utah (2-2)

Honestly see this season ending like this based on thosexperience remaining schedules:

North Dakota (4-0 or 3-1): Despite having the easiest remaining schedule on paper I don't think it's to much to think that they could slip up, especially against WSU or UNC. I mean they did lose to ISU last season.

Eastern Washington (4-1): I don't see the Eagles winning out this season, especially with back to back games vs us then Cal Poly as they have allowed teams like UC-Davis to hang with them. They will lose one more game before playoffs.

Weber State (2-3 or 3-2): Despite winning all of their Big Sky Conference games so far when you look at the competition they have played you can argue that they haven't played really anyone. With back-to-back games against SUU and UND along with Cal Poly on the schedule I don't see them having any shot of winning out.

Montana (5-0 or 4-1): Definitely not trying to be biased but besides Eastern Washington we really should win the rest of our games even though in particular we should not take NAU or UNC lightly.

Cal Poly (5-0 or 4-1): The Mustangs offense looks like they are back to dominating form after a slip up at North Dakota. Though there are several decent teams left on their schedule the only game they should have a decent chance of losing is against Eastern Washington.

I honestly don't know why NAU is even on this list as I see them going 1-3 with the schedule they have left.

The same could be said for Montana, that argument is completely flawed right now. Montana has played one of the weakest schedules in the entire Big Sky yet everyone on here is putting them on a pedestal much higher than anyone else. It seems like on this forum if Montana plays a weak schedule its ok but if anyone else does it's frowned upon? I don't get the hypocrisy.

Montana's opponents this year are 14-26 and the best team Montana has faced, a 4-2 Cal Poly team, beat the Griz.

Im not saying the Griz aren't a good team cause they are, but Montana fans cant claim another Big Sky team isn't for real because of their schedule when the Griz have had just as weak or weaker a schedule. We will see what Weber is made of in the next few weeks, but the good teams beat the bad teams and that is what Weber is doing, just like Montana.

Wildcat, there's major flaw in your argument, and one that is a flaw with ever MSU poster, EWU poster, BSCwatcher, and alot of other nonGriz fans. And that flaw is, you guys came on board late summer and told us how, with our schedule we would be lucky to 6-5, 7-4 at best. Go look at those threads from July and August. Go look at the weekly prediction threads on here and on BN. You guys loved coming here to tell us the Griz would lose to UNI and even Southern Utah at home.

For many non-Griz fans, It's only AFTER the Griz start playing well that their schedule is a weak one. You guys all have your crystal balls working in overdrive in the summer telling us how much we're going to get our ass kicked and when we don't, all of a sudden, those crystal balls were wrong, and it was oh, the Griz would suck if they played this team and that team, ect.

People thought UNI would be good, look at their #3 rating, now basically out of anything and likely to have a record equal to the Cats at year end.

Like UNI's early season ranking you can't tell how weak a schedule is until you start playing it. The flaw in your argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easy to cherry pick your argument over "weak schedule" after the season is half over but be honest and look at the schedule coming in..you had to assume @UNI, @CP, SUU, @NAU, and @EWU were all games that were going to be dogfights based on expectations by pretty much everyone...we have no control of whether they play to their expectations or not. We could very well lose the next two games...or win them..regardless we'll have a better grasp of where we're at, but I assume that NAU is already thrown into the SOS dogshit pile and unless we win at EWU we will hear the weak schedule argument until the end.

Geez it's not like we scheduled the Cats 11 times, then I would jump on board too.

jodcon said:
It's easy to cherry pick your argument over "weak schedule" after the season is half over but be honest and look at the schedule coming in..you had to assume @UNI, @CP, SUU, @NAU, and @EWU were all games that were going to be dogfights based on expectations by pretty much everyone...we have no control of whether they play to their expectations or not. We could very well lose the next two games...or win them..regardless we'll have a better grasp of where we're at, but I assume that NAU is already thrown into the SOS dogshit pile and unless we win at EWU we will hear the weak schedule argument until the end.

Geez it's not like we scheduled the Cats 11 times, then I would jump on board too.

There is no cherry picking because teams have to actually play some games before the SOS can be determined. So let's compare the Sagarin SOS rankings for the BSC. I ranked the SOS in the list below. I think the bottom line here is that UM has a SOS of 200 out of 253 division 1 teams. I think egriz just needs to come to terms with this and move on. It doesn't mean you have a weak team. It just indicates UM has had an easy ride so far. Oh, I wonder who has had the most difficult schedule in the BSC so far this season?

SOS.png

GoldenEagle said:
jodcon said:

There is no cherry picking because teams have to actually play some games before the SOS can be determined. So let's compare the Sagarin SOS rankings for the BSC. I ranked the SOS in the list below. I think the bottom line here is that UM has a SOS of 200 out of 253 division 1 teams. I think egriz just needs to come to terms with this and move on. It doesn't mean you have a weak team. It just indicates UM has had an easy ride so far. Oh, I wonder who has had the most difficult schedule in the BSC so far this season?

SOS.png

I get that, my point is our opponents have turned out to be not as good as anticipated and it has made our SOS poor, if NIU and SUU would have been as good as anticipated it would have looked quite a bit better. Maybe a better term would have been in hindsight rather than cherry picking.

jodcon said:
GoldenEagle said:
jodcon said:

SOS.png

I get that, my point is our opponents have turned out to be not as good as anticipated and it has made our SOS poor, if NIU and SUU would have been as good as anticipated it would have looked quite a bit better. Maybe a better term would have been in hindsight rather than cherry picking.

Time to revisit this griz SOS. Yesterday's griz/NAU game could simply be explained as being an anomaly, kinda like the the EWU/griz game last year. Or, maybe the griz simply played a strong team and were not ready for a tough opponent because their schedule has been really weak.

Latest posts

Back