• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coyle stepped in and didn't miss a beat with the 1st string

PlayerRep said:
putter said:
PlayerRep said:
fencer24 said:
How could anyone play under those conditions?

I once told a coach that some Griz fans blamed the CC loss on UM not being propertly dressed for the cold and he burst out laughing.

he probably was relieved you didn't blame the loss on the gameplan..... :eek:

The main problem was not the gameplan; it was execution. Ask the backers if they played their best game, or even a good game, against CC.

Isn't that what all the players on the team would say? I can't imagine a one of them saying, "I kicked azz that game"!

Good for Brock! :clap: :clap: :thumb:

One of, if not THE most genuine, sincere, and pleasant Griz players I've had the good fortune to meet and speak with on many occasions. Clearly, he was raised right!

Any Griz that gets a chance to make an NFL roster, I want them to do good, and make it. But, I REALLY want Brock to make it!!

Looking forward to seeing Brock Coyle and the Seahawks in town next Thursday against the Broncos. I suspect that Brock would get a fair look in the game anyway, but with Bobby Wagner nursing a tweak this week I'm guessing that would make a longer appearance even more likely...

Good for Brock!!! Rookies don't typically step up as a Mike and make an impact that soon... For Carroll and Norton to have the confidence in him to turn the keys over to him speaks volumes, albeit of course early, but you know they have other bodies they could use... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:geek:
PlayerRep said:
putter said:
PlayerRep said:
fencer24 said:
How could anyone play under those conditions?

I once told a coach that some Griz fans blamed the CC loss on UM not being propertly dressed for the cold and he burst out laughing.

The main problem was not the gameplan; it was execution. Ask the backers if they played their best game, or even a good game, against CC.
You're probably right. I'm sure Brock would tell us it was his instincts and not his coaches telling him to play 9+ yards deep against that truck-sized RB

garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
putter said:
PlayerRep said:

You're probably right. I'm sure Brock would tell us it was his instincts and not his coaches telling him to play 9+ yards deep against that truck-sized RB

good god embellish much????? :roll: He was never lined up 9 yards deep!

Hammer said:
garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
putter said:

Sure he was. I remember numerous plays where he lined up at safety. :lol:

gah-riz said:
EverettGriz said:
Brock Huard just stated on KIRO radio that he believes Coyle will make the Hawks roster. :thumb:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrockESPN/status/494707880621121541[/tweet]

I'm with the "Truck Guy" on this one!

Hammer said:
garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
putter said:

Okay, you got me. The reason I brought it up is I specifically remember asking my old man, "does it seem like BC is more worried about helping the DBs than the DLs?" and then the next thing you know their RB would gash us up the middle.

Guy from the Everett Herald said on the radio tonight that Coyle will likely get the start on Thursday and play a lot.

From ESPN... Terry Blount's projected 53 :clap: :clap: :clap:

LINEBACKERS (6)

Bobby Wagner
K.J. Wright
Malcolm Smith
Mike Morgan
Brock Coyle
Kevin Pierre-Louis

Bruce Irvin (hip surgery) and Korey Toomer (hamstring injury) are on the physically unable to perform list. Whether either player will be ready to start the season is hard to say. If neither man starts the season, it's good news for rookie Coyle, who is getting high praise from the coaches on how well he has played in the middle and at the strong side spot.

Baring an injury, I think Brock has already made this team.

#GrizHeart.

*edited one time to appease the many freakishly superstitious girls who apparently post on the board. NOTE: I have dutifully knocked on wood, thrown salt over my shoulder, skinned a black cat, blinked the evil eye, Superglued broken glass, turned and upsidedown horseshoe, rang my doorbell repeatedly (the only bell I could find; freaked out my dog), turned around 3 times and spat, and ran a crucifix over the hands of Brock's trainer.

Back