• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

DATELINE, Now with JJ content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to wade into the freakin' JJ bitch-fest yet again.

I'm glad that we've come so far in the past few years with Engstrom, Delaney and Haslem at the controls.

But it is difficult to argue with this statement.

Getgrizzy, I hope for your sake, and those you care for, none of you face serious criminal charges followed by a trial. Then be found "not guilty" by the legal system, yet still have a few people continually make it sound the system screwed up in finding that person "not guilty".

Honestly, we have seen your rather biased opinions of how the JJ case played out. There is no need to continually rehash it. We know where you stand. Honestly to God, hasn't he and the accuser been through enough? It turned out the way it did. It is over. Is it too difficult to actually accept the outcome and let these young people move on with their lives?

mtgrizrule said:
Getgrizzy, I hope for your sake, and those you care for, none of you face serious criminal charges followed by a trial. Then be found "not guilty" by the legal system, yet still have a few people continually make it sound the system screwed up in finding that person "not guilty".

Honestly, we have seen your rather biased opinions of how the JJ case played out. There is no need to continually rehash it. We know where you stand. Honestly to God, hasn't he and the accuser been through enough? It turned out the way it did. It is over. Is it too difficult to actually accept the outcome and let these young people move on with their lives?
People are found guilty and not guilty, then have people question it all the time. It isn't rare at all in he said-she said cases.

I actually accepted the outcome before the trial started. There was no way this case was going to prove anything. The accuser was unable to prove it happened and by default the accused did not, nor did he have to, prove otherwise. When that happens you get a not guilty verdict. In fact, I agree with the verdict as I've stated numerous times on this board. I'm one of the few unbiased posters on this subject due to that. If I seem biased that should tell you something about yourself.

getgrizzy said:
Let's not bring up that JJ was described as religious person, but not that he, at best, took advantage of someone's sexual offer, had no intention of starting a meaningful relationship with her and then couldn't bring himself to say one word to her from the time he blew his load through when she drove him home until he was getting out of the car. Did they teach him that at bible school? We hear what a great guy this JJ (who none of us are more than casually acquainted with) is and we buy it lock, stock and barrel before it even leaves the plant. Yet right in front of us he describes, while telling us he didn't rape his accuser, that he's, at best, a womanizing jerk, who would have too much to drink to drive, call this girl to come get him, then screw the girl who hadn't even showered or fixed herself up in any way.

What a prize.

You can't start this conversation and then expect to not have at least one person inject information from the other side. Welcome to America comrade.

So....you're telling me JJ is just like 90% of other male 20 year olds and for that he should be crucified? :roll: :roll: :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:
Let's not bring up that JJ was described as religious person, but not that he, at best, took advantage of someone's sexual offer, had no intention of starting a meaningful relationship with her and then couldn't bring himself to say one word to her from the time he blew his load through when she drove him home until he was getting out of the car. Did they teach him that at bible school? We hear what a great guy this JJ (who none of us are more than casually acquainted with) is and we buy it lock, stock and barrel before it even leaves the plant. Yet right in front of us he describes, while telling us he didn't rape his accuser, that he's, at best, a womanizing jerk, who would have too much to drink to drive, call this girl to come get him, then screw the girl who hadn't even showered or fixed herself up in any way.

What a prize.

You can't start this conversation and then expect to not have at least one person inject information from the other side. Welcome to America comrade.

So....you're telling me JJ is just like 90% of other male 20 year olds and for that he should be crucified? :roll: :roll: :roll:
No. But I will tell your reading comprehension sucks.

getgrizzy said:
AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:

What a prize.

Well, you just described 90% of male 20-year-olds. Either you don't KNOW that, or you're just trolling....

AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:
AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:

What a prize.

Well, you just described 90% of male 20-year-olds. Either you don't KNOW that, or you're just trolling....

Obviously trolling since day one.

AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:
AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:

What a prize.

You're 20 years old and your reading comprehension sucks?

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
What a total non-story. For UM, Johnson and the other non-UM situations covered. I suppose some credit to NBC is due, but why did they even bother. No wonder they waited several years to put out this non-story. O'Day was on camera several times. He was pretty good. Clearly explained and defended the situations. The JJ accuser's roommate was on several times. Looked pretty weak, and like a loser. And how long is the Belnap woman, the gang blow job accuser, going to keep this up. The police declined to prosecute twice, and nothing happened in the UM proceedings to any of the guys who got lawyers. The woman needs to recognize that virtually no one in authority believed her, she lost multiple times, and it's time to move on. How many times can the media say the same things over and over again, especially when the results showed that people didn't believe the accusers? It's time for those involved and the media to move on.
It's called being skeptical. When someone makes a detailed accusation and has evidence to support, but the government chooses to not prosecute some people are skeptical. This skepticism is reinforced by the numbers of accusations that are true, but lack the evidence to get to trial. It's possible to believe someone is telling the truth, but not think there's enough evidence to warrant a trial.

Another thing to consider is accusers feel like they're helping/inspiring victims, who are too afraid to seek justice, by showing their face.

Also, in what way did the JJ accuser roommate look weak and like a loser? Is it not possible for someone to look like a loser, or be a loser but still tell the truth? Can you look good and be a liar? In other words what you think isn't what everyone thinks.

It'll never be a non-story as long as we know that JJ was expelled based upon a preponderance of evidence and then allowed back in school when the a higher standard no longer in use was used. That alone will always make it a story and one that won't be going away soon.

Bump.

getgrizzy said:
mtgrizrule said:
Getgrizzy, why are you one of the few who won't let this rest??? He was not guilty, despite 2 trials. This case should have never went to trial to begin with. There was not enough evidence for a trial, and the trial pretty much proved that was the case.
I've read a lot of idiotic posts on this subject, but this is the worst yet.

Did I start this thread? No
Did I ask multiple questions about Belnap and the media? No.
Did I make callous comments about the accusers friend? No.

Yet, I'm the one who won't let it rest? People start threads about a topic, but you only want one side discussed. Let's not mention that when JJ was tried by the school under a preponderance of evidence standard he was expelled. Let's not bring up that JJ was described as religious person, but not that he, at best, took advantage of someone's sexual offer, had no intention of starting a meaningful relationship with her and then couldn't bring himself to say one word to her from the time he blew his load through when she drove him home until he was getting out of the car. Did they teach him that at bible school? We hear what a great guy this JJ (who none of us are more than casually acquainted with) is and we buy it lock, stock and barrel before it even leaves the plant. Yet right in front of us he describes, while telling us he didn't rape his accuser, that he's, at best, a womanizing jerk, who would have too much to drink to drive, call this girl to come get him, then screw the girl who hadn't even showered or fixed herself up in any way.

What a prize.

This is egriz...hypocrisy seethes in virtually every thread. Griz fans are literally one of the most pompous, hypocritical, ridiculous fan bases out there.

IroneagleXP said:
getgrizzy said:
mtgrizrule said:
Getgrizzy, why are you one of the few who won't let this rest??? He was not guilty, despite 2 trials. This case should have never went to trial to begin with. There was not enough evidence for a trial, and the trial pretty much proved that was the case.

Yet, I'm the one who won't let it rest? People start threads about a topic, but you only want one side discussed. Let's not mention that when JJ was tried by the school under a preponderance of evidence standard he was expelled. Let's not bring up that JJ was described as religious person, but not that he, at best, took advantage of someone's sexual offer, had no intention of starting a meaningful relationship with her and then couldn't bring himself to say one word to her from the time he blew his load through when she drove him home until he was getting out of the car. Did they teach him that at bible school? We hear what a great guy this JJ (who none of us are more than casually acquainted with) is and we buy it lock, stock and barrel before it even leaves the plant. Yet right in front of us he describes, while telling us he didn't rape his accuser, that he's, at best, a womanizing jerk, who would have too much to drink to drive, call this girl to come get him, then screw the girl who hadn't even showered or fixed herself up in any way.

What a prize.

This is egriz...hypocrisy seethes in virtually every thread. Griz fans are literally one of the most pompous, hypocritical, ridiculous fan bases out there.

The jealousy is palpable here. Haha! So funny to see.

IroneagleXP said:
getgrizzy said:
mtgrizrule said:

What a prize.

Says the racist cat fan pretending to be an eagle fan on a griz board

getgrizzy said:
AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:
AZGrizFan said:

You're 20 years old and your reading comprehension sucks?

Jesus H. Christ. Talk about lack of reading comprehension. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:
AZGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:

What a prize.

Exactly! Gwen just described every college-aged male in America. But what Gwen fails to realize--probably because she hates anything with a penis--is that a one-night-stand is not nearly as bad as what the girl did (lying about it to the tune of criminal charges). What a prize.

AZGrizFan said:
You're 20 years old and your reading comprehension sucks?[/quote]

Jesus H. Christ. Talk about lack of reading comprehension. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
If you'd go back and read the post, you might figure it out.

IroneagleXP said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
What a total non-story. For UM, Johnson and the other non-UM situations covered. I suppose some credit to NBC is due, but why did they even bother. No wonder they waited several years to put out this non-story. O'Day was on camera several times. He was pretty good. Clearly explained and defended the situations. The JJ accuser's roommate was on several times. Looked pretty weak, and like a loser. And how long is the Belnap woman, the gang blow job accuser, going to keep this up. The police declined to prosecute twice, and nothing happened in the UM proceedings to any of the guys who got lawyers. The woman needs to recognize that virtually no one in authority believed her, she lost multiple times, and it's time to move on. How many times can the media say the same things over and over again, especially when the results showed that people didn't believe the accusers? It's time for those involved and the media to move on.
It's called being skeptical. When someone makes a detailed accusation and has evidence to support, but the government chooses to not prosecute some people are skeptical. This skepticism is reinforced by the numbers of accusations that are true, but lack the evidence to get to trial. It's possible to believe someone is telling the truth, but not think there's enough evidence to warrant a trial.

Another thing to consider is accusers feel like they're helping/inspiring victims, who are too afraid to seek justice, by showing their face.

Also, in what way did the JJ accuser roommate look weak and like a loser? Is it not possible for someone to look like a loser, or be a loser but still tell the truth? Can you look good and be a liar? In other words what you think isn't what everyone thinks.

It'll never be a non-story as long as we know that JJ was expelled based upon a preponderance of evidence and then allowed back in school when the a higher standard no longer in use was used. That alone will always make it a story and one that won't be going away soon.

Bump.

It's pure speculation to claim that on appeal the Regents reversed the finding for expulsion based on applying a higher standard. The Regents did not articulate their reason for reversing. It may have been because they applied a higher standard, or it may have been because they may have applied the same standard, but found reversal was appropriate based on Judge Christensen's opinion on how UM abused the process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back