• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Daum commits!

reinell30 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
reinell30 said:
I sure hope this kid is worthy of the 7 pages devoted towards his commitment....

I would think that getting a kid that was named All State 5 TIMES his SR year in football alone, 8 times all together in his football career...

And that same kid being one of the fastest kids in the state all 4 years of high school, every year on the podium in the 100 and 200 sprints -- a champion many times over, and Gatorade Track Athlete of the Year...

would be "worthy".

Not arguing, looks like a great athlete! Time will tell as it does with every recruit...

:clap: :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
griz5700 said:
poorgriz said:
griz5700 said:
I actually thought the Cats skill players looked really average. I wouldn't be excited about your skill positions if Mitch Griebel is your leading receiver.... Herbert is talented but isn't a burner and would probably be better off putting on some weight and playing TE.

I'm sure Ash was hoping for Daum to be able to contribute right away. Because the cat receivers are slow and really not that talented. Without Prukop, that offense is garbage.

LOL. Herbert is actually pretty fast. Griebal is very fast. Justin Paige is likely the fastest player in the conference and one of the fastest players in the country. He injured his ankle against Cal Poly but if you don't thing he is an absolute burner, you don't follow the CATS very closely, which is understandable. :lol:

Sorry man, they're not that good.

Your coaches telling Daum he could make an impact as a freshman is all you need to know about your burners at WR. Daum won't see the field at UM next year.

I disagree, Daum will see the field next year at UM. The only reciever that can run with Daum (HS sprints) is Walcott. No Griz DBs are as fast as Daum either.

Daum is too athletic and skilled to red-shirt at UM.

My only question is what number will he be? Because he was #15 at BHS. And we all know #15 is retired at UM in honor of The Legend, Dave Dickinson! :clap:
#15.5?

Fahque said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
griz5700 said:
poorgriz said:
LOL. Herbert is actually pretty fast. Griebal is very fast. Justin Paige is likely the fastest player in the conference and one of the fastest players in the country. He injured his ankle against Cal Poly but if you don't thing he is an absolute burner, you don't follow the CATS very closely, which is understandable. :lol:

Your coaches telling Daum he could make an impact as a freshman is all you need to know about your burners at WR. Daum won't see the field at UM next year.

I disagree, Daum will see the field next year at UM. The only reciever that can run with Daum (HS sprints) is Walcott. No Griz DBs are as fast as Daum either.

My only question is what number will he be? Because he was #15 at BHS. And we all know #15 is retired at UM in honor of The Legend, Dave Dickinson! :clap:
#15.5?

:lol: :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
griz5700 said:
poorgriz said:
griz5700 said:
I actually thought the Cats skill players looked really average. I wouldn't be excited about your skill positions if Mitch Griebel is your leading receiver.... Herbert is talented but isn't a burner and would probably be better off putting on some weight and playing TE.

I'm sure Ash was hoping for Daum to be able to contribute right away. Because the cat receivers are slow and really not that talented. Without Prukop, that offense is garbage.

Dickenson*

grizfan95 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
griz5700 said:
poorgriz said:

Dickenson*

MY BAD :!: I should be drug behind a car for that! DickEnson, of course.

I played against him my SR year in HS, he was the Soph QB for CMR. Knew he was gonna be a good one then...

IntuitiveGriz said:
griz5700 said:
poorgriz said:
griz5700 said:

If he does, that'd be great. But after watching his film, I think a RS year would do him best. Fast and talented for sure. But physically he needs some work.. Ability to fight off a jam, block and break tackles will take some adjustment. And some time in the weight room.

griz5700 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
griz5700 said:
poorgriz said:

If he does, that'd be great. But after watching his film, I think a RS year would do him best. Fast and talented for sure. But physically he needs some work.. Ability to fight off a jam, block and break tackles will take some adjustment. And some time in the weight room.

I agree with you. :thumb:

I agree that a red-shirt would be the best thing for Daum (and ANY player for that matter). Because I CAN'T STAND a player trading a 5th year (his best) for a 1st year (his worst). I am among the biggest advocates of players red-shirting there is out there.

I agree that Daum could add muscle, mainly to his upper-body. His lower body is quite strong, hence his sprint speed. However improvement all over is always key. I'd like to see Daum become heavier as well, since he is 6'1" and in the 170's. Don't want him to loose any speed however. But he shouldn't. And he is currently training really hard in the weight room, so he may show up in Aug more muscular/stronger.

The only reason I said I thought he would see the field next year is because of how excited coach Stitt was to get Daum's verbal, saying that he feels like a mad scientist with all the things he can do with Daum's speed. Couple that with the fact that Stitt said the Griz have some players for his offense, but that he needed more (in recruiting).

We'll how it all plays out... :D

GO GRIZ

Big G said:
behappp said:
Big G said:
Hendersons words not mine, I will take it from him istead of a bunch of jock emulators. I will bet anyone that wants to he never plays for the Griz again just like #2. I will not hold my breath on any takers.

You're on
Henderson never plays again I won't post again
Henderson plays and you never post again - under any name

Deal? Or are you afraid to put your money where your mouth is, you gutless Bastard!

On record and noted

Henderson is done playing at Montana

On record and noted!

behappp said:
Big G said:
behappp said:
Big G said:
Hendersons words not mine, I will take it from him istead of a bunch of jock emulators. I will bet anyone that wants to he never plays for the Griz again just like #2. I will not hold my breath on any takers.

You're on
Henderson never plays again I won't post again
Henderson plays and you never post again - under any name

Deal? Or are you afraid to put your money where your mouth is, you gutless Bastard!

On record and noted

Henderson is done playing at Montana

On record and noted!

How quickly they forget!

ha ha ha I never said I took your bet silly, just that I read it and acknowledged your dum post nobody in there right mind would think that is what I meant. Jeez :roll:

Big G said:
ha ha ha I never said I took your bet silly, just that I read it and acknowledged your dum post nobody in there right mind would think that is what I meant. Jeez :roll:

Chickenshit coward.

big g owes me tons of money from previous bets under various names. so if U guys want to pile on him and call him names and try getting him barred from egriz, fine. but never expect to receive any money from gig g because he NEVER pays a lost bet! ever!

do I hate him? no. after U figure him out his game is simply to pull your chains over and over again and surprise, he is good at it.

Umista said:
big g owes me tons of money from previous bets under various names. so if U guys want to pile on him and call him names and try getting him barred from egriz, fine. but never expect to receive any money from gig g because he NEVER pays a lost bet! ever!

do I hate him? no. after U figure him out his game is simply to pull your chains over and over again and surprise, he is good at it.
Yes and I certainly respect his skill at it. Being an internet troll is sooooo tough.

Grisly Fan said:
Umista said:

Yes and I certainly respect his skill at it. Being an internet troll is sooooo tough.

.....amazing the sense of accomplishment that it gives these guys, "jerking e-chains"

What a pathetic, sorry, bitch-ass existence.

Raider said:
Grisly Fan said:
Umista said:

.....amazing the sense of accomplishment that it gives these guys, "jerking e-chains"

Yet it's light years ahead of being you.. maybe someday I can be an Internet tough guy like raider...... I can hardly wait

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Raider said:
Grisly Fan said:
Umista said:

Yet it's light years ahead of being you.. maybe someday I can be an Internet tough guy like raider...... I can hardly wait

Ohhhh, did I hurt your feelings Mr. Mylifeisegriz.

Daum will be at the Griz last chance visit this weekend among 15 plus other Griz recruits. I am sure Willy and the many Griz players will assist in getting us some new blood. It will be a great encounter and I wish all of them to be pre Griz players!

Umista said:

I never had any doubts that he would not keep his side of the bargain. I am just glad that EH came back because I know I would have kept my bet.

The only way to get rid of lowlife trolls is to just ignore them and eventually they will just fade away. I'm done with G and and am not going to bite at his bait anymore. Now the rest of Egriz know what type of person he is and hopefully will ignore him, too.

Back