• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Defense - National Stats

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
If TG had been here for the CP game, UM would be undefeated.

If TG were here we'd have lost to Sac State.

Nope, would have crushed them. The main comparison, closest of apples to apples, is Cal Poly. UM defense was way better against CP last year. Don't be silly, AZ.

Apples to apples is not comparing last year to this year. Don't be silly, PR.

Said "closest" thing of apples to apples. Hey, I'm not the one who started making comparisons from this year to last year. Don't be silly. Dumb comment by you.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:
Compared to where we were last year or, the prior several years.....
I'm sure Glad Tyler G became a kitten.....

Nope, would have crushed them. The main comparison, closest of apples to apples, is Cal Poly. UM defense was way better against CP last year. Don't be silly, AZ.
Wrong neither team has all the same players.....you are doing the old apples and water melons comparison .

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
Great stats. But run them without the last 2 games. Scoring defense goes from 17th to 34th. If the Griz win the next 2 games, I won't even care what these stats show.

Typical PR, cherry picking stats to match an argument. Should we discount the Cats games against Sac St and Weber, you know, so they will have pretty good defensive stats too.

Let's just compare Cal Poly. Was Griz D better last year or this year? Just pick a year. No cherry picking. You can't answer, can you?

PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:
garizzalies said:
Bear Axed said:
No doubt. Tyler was such dead weight holding us back. Talk about addition by subtraction.
And we would never see this type of offensive production because his #bendover&takeit D could never get off the field so all games were close
His Vaunted D only gave up 42 before half time yesterday.....

Nope. 2d and 3d TD's were from turnovers, on about the Cat 25. Weber got 3 points in second half. Cat D gave up 28 points.
Oh... both those turn over were run in for TD's or were there 11 plays involved where Tylers D didn't put up much of a fight due to the passive plays Tyler sent in?

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Apples to apples is not comparing last year to this year. Don't be silly, PR.

Said "closest" thing of apples to apples. Hey, I'm not the one who started making comparisons from this year to last year. Don't be silly. Dumb comment by you.

Not sure it matters who started it. Don't be silly. Dumb comment by you.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
Great stats. But run them without the last 2 games. Scoring defense goes from 17th to 34th. If the Griz win the next 2 games, I won't even care what these stats show.

Typical PR, cherry picking stats to match an argument. Should we discount the Cats games against Sac St and Weber, you know, so they will have pretty good defensive stats too.

Let's just compare Cal Poly. Was Griz D better last year or this year? Just pick a year. No cherry picking. You can't answer, can you?
apples or watermelons?

Bear Axed said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Wrong neither team has all the same players.....you are doing the old apples and water melons comparison .

Hey, you are the one who started the year to year discussion. If you don't want this discussion, don't start making year to year comparisons.

Bear Axed said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

apples or watermelons?

You started the year to year comparison. Now you want to run and hide from what you started.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Let's just compare last year with this year. Was the Griz D better last year or this year? Just pick a year. No cherry picking. I would say you can't answer, but we all know you will stick with your buddy TG through thick and thin.

Bear Axed said:
PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:
garizzalies said:
No doubt. Tyler was such dead weight holding us back. Talk about addition by subtraction.
And we would never see this type of offensive production because his #bendover&takeit D could never get off the field so all games were close

Nope. 2d and 3d TD's were from turnovers, on about the Cat 25. Weber got 3 points in second half. Cat D gave up 28 points.
Oh... both those turn over were run in for TD's or were there 11 plays involved where Tylers D didn't put up much of a fight due to the passive plays Tyler sent in?
you can answer any time since this was just yesterday?

PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:
garizzalies said:
Bear Axed said:

Ahhhhh.....I see, points from turnovers....giving their offense a short field. That's different. See what I'm getting at?

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Let's just compare last year with this year. Was the Griz D better last year or this year? Just pick a year. No cherry picking. I would say you can't answer, but we all know you will stick with your buddy TG through thick and thin.

Nope, can't do that. UM has terrific D talent this year. MSU has very little D talent. Best comparison is CP to CP, year to year.

signedbewildered said:
PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:
garizzalies said:

Ahhhhh.....I see, points from turnovers....giving their offense a short field. That's different. See what I'm getting at?

Nope, don't understand. What you said makes zero cents.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Nope, can't do that. UM has terrific D talent this year. MSU has very little D talent. Best comparison is CP to CP, year to year.

Yet comparing CP year to year is no where close to an apples to apples comparison. It really proves zero. To many variables.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I don't Get it?
You spent Hours during the 1st three games compairing this years Griz D to this years Cat D
But, now that the numbers have gone 180 degrees you are telling us we can't do what you did?

PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:

That's funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear Axed said:
Bear Axed said:
PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:

you can answer any time since this was just yesterday?

Happy to. This is the Griz D performance this year, after 2 turnovers. 3 plays, 2 TD's.

"07:09 CP Kyle Lewis 13 yd run (Casey Sublette kick)
1 play, 13 yards, TOP 0:08 17 - 21

05:49 CP Kory Fox 16 yd pass from Dano Graves (Casey Sublette kick)
2 plays, 26 yards, TOP 0:35 17 - 28"

Cats v Weber. 6 plays, TD's.

6 plays of defense after turnover is better than 3 plays, would you agree. Man, you stepped into this one.

"05:14 WSU - Cory Thomson 5 yd pass from Jadrian Clark (Taylor Hintze kick)
4 plays, 24 yards, TOP 1:24, MSU 0 - WSU 14
04:29 WSU - Cam Livingston 7 yd pass from Jadrian Clark (Taylor Hintze kick)
2 plays, 26 yards, TOP 0:39, MSU 0 - WSU 21

Griz against CP, 13 yards per play. Cat against Weber, 8.3 per play. 8.3 better than 13. 6 plays better than 3 plays.

Bear Axed said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

I don't Get it?
You spent Hours during the 1st three games compairing this years Griz D to this years Cat D
But, now that the numbers have gone 180 degrees you are telling us we can't do what you did?

Nope, I didn't. If I spent anytime at all, maybe a minute. Can't you be objective? CP to CP games, best comparisons to date.

WTF is PR even talking about anymore.

53971900.jpg

PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I don't Get it?

Nope, I didn't. If I spent anytime at all, maybe a minute. Can't you be objective? CP to CP games, best comparisons to date.

And it is an useless comparison based on the variables.

Latest posts

Back