• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Defense - National Stats

PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:
Compared to where we were last year or, the prior several years.....
I'm sure Glad Tyler G became a kitten.....

If TG had been here for the CP game, UM would be undefeated.
He was here last year when CPSLO beat us at home.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:

How many plays did they run in a row on the last drive and go out of bounds with no timeout left? Play after play, never made an adjustment to turn them back in, Game over if we had done it just once.

Jamie Marshall only gave up 28 to poly last year with the cat D
He must also be better than Semore

#prLogic¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1972 said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:

How many plays did they run in a row on the last drive and go out of bounds with no timeout left? Play after play, never made an adjustment to turn them back in, Game over if we had done it just once.
It was an embarrassing performance when the game was on the line. It did not require rocket science. Maybe we should bring up last year's PSU game....

garizzalies said:
And we would never see this type of offensive production because his #bendover&takeit D could never get off the field so all games were close
Probably more important the just comparing defensive statistics.

kemajic said:
1972 said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

It was an embarrassing performance when the game was on the line. It did not require rocket science. Maybe we should bring up last year's PSU game....

Lets save it for later :lol: :lol:

I didn't get past the first page. Did PR just try to compare the CP game of last year to this year? The main factor being Gregorak?

The big flaw in that argument is the fact that Gregorak was here 2 years a go when CP rolled us by 20 and put up 41 points and 528 yards.

Bear Axed said:
Bear Axed said:
Jack, you jumped all over this post...no where in it did I bring up Cal Polly...I didn't, that was you!
I was talking about how much better Semores D plays over Tylers D....you were spouting often and early how well Tyler was doing in Kittyville the 1st 3 weeks of this season .....No comparisons can be made other than Sac State....so, let's talk?

Yes, that's what I said. You are the one who brought up the TG subject. I used to CP only to show counter your attempt to trash TG.

kemajic said:
garizzalies said:
And we would never see this type of offensive production because his #bendover&takeit D could never get off the field so all games were close
Probably more important the just comparing defensive statistics.

Notice our time of possession this year vs last year. Dramatic difference, look at the team to the east, we have more time of possession than they do. Sure this has nothing to do with getting the defense off the field. They're complaining that their offense is scoring too quickly and their defense is getting tired. Not sure this is the problem.

Eriul said:
I didn't get past the first page. Did PR just try to compare the CP game of last year to this year? The main factor being Gregorak?

The big flaw in that argument is the fact that Gregorak was here 2 years a go when CP rolled us by 20 and put up 41 points and 528 yards.

He pretty much guaranteed that the Griz would be undefeated if TG was still the DC.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
These cat trolls are getting crazy-desperate. The Griz have improved in virtually every defensive category this year but they want to claim Tyler's D was somehow better. f***[*] ludicrous.
Even without comparing stats anyone can see the improvement on the field and the attitude. Hell my gramma even commented on the improvement

I have not noticed any Griz or Cat poster trying to say last year's D was better than this year's D, but it is absolutely clear that last year's D performed better against CP than this year's D. Even Semore would agree with that statement. Why can't you just admit that?

No, but you guaranteed that the Griz would be undefeated if TG was the DC which is much different than just saying that the Griz defense played better last year against Poly than this year.

No, not what I said. I said UM would have been undefeated because the D would have performed better again CP and won that game, the only loss. Never thought about it, but I suppose that you may be right that we would have been undefeated with TG.

Eriul said:

But, he doesn't want to use those Stat's because it makes
Tyler Look like the DC he is, was and always will be...

I mean it's not that outrageous of a statement. We're 1 point away from being undefeated. 1 defensive play being made against CP and we are.

I don't know if I agree. I don't think I have enough information to agree but I think it's not a ridiculous statement.

garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
Bear Axed said:
No doubt. Tyler was such dead weight holding us back. Talk about addition by subtraction.

Why did CP Poly score so many points and kick the UM D's butt this year, but not last year? Let's hear your explanation. Can't wait for that. Ha.
Okay. I'll play along.
First I think it's says a lot that you'd rather focus on one game instead of the improvement in virtually every D stat, but I realize that's how cat trolls roll.
Both CP games you are hanging your hat on were one point losses, right? We missed a FG at the end to lose and they made one to win. But one game was at home game and one was on the road.
Most importantly, I'll take this years D performance. We did a better job against their run and that is critical. Last year the Griz could not stop the run or even make a tackle when it counted. This year they could, but got burned by the pass.
If you can't stop Poly's run game, you don't have a chance. We had a better chance this year because we did better vs their run.

Yes, the O played much better this year, scored lots of points, and didn't commit 4 turnovers. But the defense was way better last year than this year. Over a 20 point difference. How is the point differential so hard for you to understand?

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
These cat trolls are getting crazy-desperate. The Griz have improved in virtually every defensive category this year but they want to claim Tyler's D was somehow better. f***[*] ludicrous.
Even without comparing stats anyone can see the improvement on the field and the attitude. Hell my gramma even commented on the improvement

I have not noticed any Griz or Cat poster trying to say last year's D was better than this year's D, but it is absolutely clear that last year's D performed better against CP than this year's D. Even Semore would agree with that statement. Why can't you just admit that?

No, but you guaranteed that the Griz would be undefeated if TG was the DC which is much different than just saying that the Griz defense played better last year against Poly than this year.

No, not what I said. I said UM would have been undefeated because the D would have performed better again CP and won that game, the only loss. Never thought about it, but I suppose that you may be right that we would have been undefeated with TG.

Bullshit,

PlayerRep wrote:

It was the entire basis of your argument.

Eriul said:

The Griz D, with TG as DC, was much better against CP last year. How could anyone disagree with that? And the Griz O was much better this year, and didn't commit 4 turnovers last year.

2 years ago, was 2 years ago. Last year is more relevant, because it was only a year ago.

Bear Axed said:
Eriul said:

But, he doesn't want to use those Stat's because it makes
Tyler Look like the DC he is, was and always will be...

Happy to consider any stats. Bring em on.

Eriul said:
I mean it's not that outrageous of a statement. We're 1 point away from being undefeated. 1 defensive play being made against CP and we are.

I don't know if I agree. I don't think I have enough information to agree but I think it's not a ridiculous statement.

But I can just as easily assume that they lose at UNI if TG is the DC. Griz defense under TG in big road games left a lot to be desired.

PlayerRep said:
Eriul said:

The Griz D, with TG as DC, was much better against CP last year. How could anyone disagree with that? And the Griz O was much better this year, and didn't commit 4 turnovers last year.

2 years ago, was 2 years ago. Last year is more relevant, because it was only a year ago.

Not necessarily true. How about we compare the last 2 games at Poly. Seems that the defense this year fared much better than the defense did under TG. Just as valid of a comparison.

Back