• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Defense - National Stats

So what you are saying is that the cats are doing better on D, due to Tyler because they only gave up 42 points in a half, 45 total in the game to Weber. Where as the Griz let Cal Polly score 42 for the whole Game.

Got it, I totally understand now.....lol

HelenaHandBasket said:
WTF is PR even talking about anymore.

53971900.jpg

Another example of when posters don't have any argument, and have lost the discussion, they post photos/videos. A true sign of defeat.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

53971900.jpg

Another example of when posters don't have any argument, and have lost the discussion, they post photos/videos. A true sign of defeat.

It is just tiresome watching you go round and round getting no where.

Bear Axed said:
So what you are saying is that the cats are doing better on D, due to Tyler because they only gave up 42 points in a half, 45 total in the game to Weber. Where as the Griz let Cal Polly score 42 for the whole Game.

Got it, I totally understand now.....lol

Nope, I have note compared this year's Griz D and Cat D. Have consistently said the Griz D is better. Bear Axed, you are not going to win this better, for several reasons, the main being that you are wrong.

PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:
garizzalies said:
Bear Axed said:
Compared to where we were last year or, the prior several years.....
I'm sure Glad Tyler G became a kitten.....
No doubt. Tyler was such dead weight holding us back. Talk about addition by subtraction.
And we would never see this type of offensive production because his #bendover&takeit D could never get off the field so all games were close
His Vaunted D only gave up 42 before half time yesterday.....

Nope. 2d and 3d TD's were from turnovers, on about the Cat 25. Weber got 3 points in second half. Cat D gave up 28 points.
Wouldn't you use this theory for the griz CP game this year two short fields on turnovers griz defense only gave up 28 points right ! Pretty similar to last year score and stats wise right! Thought you played the game

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

53971900.jpg

Well, Hell please post more stats, graphs and charts...so, those of us that obviously never played the game can understand your supirior logic.......

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:
PlayerRep said:
Nope, can't do that. UM has terrific D talent this year. MSU has very little D talent. Best comparison is CP to CP, year to year.
I don't Get it?
You spent Hours during the 1st three games compairing this years Griz D to this years Cat D
But, now that the numbers have gone 180 degrees you are telling us we can't do what you did?

Nope, I didn't. If I spent anytime at all, maybe a minute. Can't you be objective? CP to CP games, best comparisons to date.

And it is an useless comparison based on the variables.

Obviously you've not played the statistics. However in this case, he is right.

But, really the only real games we can compare are ones against the same opponents in the same year with the same players.....Like Sac State, let's look at those Stat's K?

These cat trolls are getting crazy-desperate. The Griz have improved in virtually every defensive category this year but they want to claim Tyler's D was somehow better. Fucking ludicrous.
Even without comparing stats anyone can see the improvement on the field and the attitude. Hell my gramma even commented on the improvement

catsack said:
PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:
garizzalies said:
No doubt. Tyler was such dead weight holding us back. Talk about addition by subtraction.
And we would never see this type of offensive production because his #bendover&takeit D could never get off the field so all games were close
His Vaunted D only gave up 42 before half time yesterday.....

Nope. 2d and 3d TD's were from turnovers, on about the Cat 25. Weber got 3 points in second half. Cat D gave up 28 points.
Wouldn't you use this theory for the griz CP game this year two short fields on turnovers griz defense only gave up 28 points right ! Pretty similar to last year score and stats wise right! Thought you played the game

Nope. Griz D recovered from 4 turnovers last year. Only 2 this year, not including the one at end of game on the rugby play. 4 turnovers is alot. 2 not good, but way better than 4. Also, 6 for 12 3d down conversions for CP this year 8 for 23 last year. 38 - 24 TOP to CP last year. Tough on the D. About 30-30 this year. Easier on the D. D didn't score 2 on a safety to take lead this year either.

Sorry, the performance of the D year to year in the CP game isn't even close. Much better performance this last year.

Bear Axed said:
But, really the only real games we can compare are ones against the same opponents in the same year with the same players.....Like Sac State, let's look at those Stat's K?

Sorry, not true at all. All comparisons can be made, some better than others.

How did the TG defense do at Poly 2 years ago? Let's compare this year to 2014. This is just as valid a comparison as this year to last year.

garizzalies said:
These cat trolls are getting crazy-desperate. The Griz have improved in virtually every defensive category this year but they want to claim Tyler's D was somehow better. f***[*] ludicrous.
Even without comparing stats anyone can see the improvement on the field and the attitude. Hell my gramma even commented on the improvement

I have not noticed any Griz or Cat poster trying to say last year's D was better than this year's D, but it is absolutely clear that last year's D performed better against CP than this year's D. Even Semore would agree with that statement. Why can't you just admit that?

Bear Axed said:
Jack, you jumped all over this post...no where in it did I bring up Cal Polly...I didn't, that was you!
I was talking about how much better Semores D plays over Tylers D....you were spouting often and early how well Tyler was doing in Kittyville the 1st 3 weeks of this season .....No comparisons can be made other than Sac State....so, let's talk?

PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
These cat trolls are getting crazy-desperate. The Griz have improved in virtually every defensive category this year but they want to claim Tyler's D was somehow better. f***[*] ludicrous.

I have not noticed any Griz or Cat poster trying to say last year's D was better than this year's D, but it is absolutely clear that last year's D performed better against CP than this year's D. Even Semore would agree with that statement. Why can't you just admit that?

No, but you guaranteed that the Griz would be undefeated if TG was the DC which is much different than just saying that the Griz defense played better last year against Poly than this year.

PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:

Semore took the full blame for the defense this year. I think everyone would have to agree it wasn't what we expected, especially the first half. Second half kinda settled in a little better.

Is it 8 or 9 new starters on defense this year?

1972 said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:

Semore took the full blame for the defense this year. I think everyone would have to agree it wasn't what we expected, especially the first half. Second half kinda settled in a little better.

Is it 8 or 9 new starters on defense this year?
9 I think and Jack only wants to comape these new players against last years senior heavy team?

PlayerRep said:
Bear Axed said:

If TG had been here for the CP game, UM would be undefeated.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
Bear Axed said:

Why did CP Poly score so many points and kick the UM D's butt this year, but not last year? Let's hear your explanation. Can't wait for that. Ha.
Okay. I'll play along.
First I think it's says a lot that you'd rather focus on one game instead of the improvement in virtually every D stat, but I realize that's how cat trolls roll.
Both CP games you are hanging your hat on were one point losses, right? We missed a FG at the end to lose and they made one to win. But one game was at home game and one was on the road.
Most importantly, I'll take this years D performance. We did a better job against their run and that is critical. Last year the Griz could not stop the run or even make a tackle when it counted. This year they could, but got burned by the pass.
If you can't stop Poly's run game, you don't have a chance. We had a better chance this year because we did better vs their run.

Don't know why I'm posting this, but anyways. Let's cherry pick games, because some on here like to do this to try and prove a point. 2015 bobcats played Sac State and the defense gave up 385 yards. 2016 bobcats played Sac State and gave up 510 yards. See how easy this game is to play. Early in the year I would have agreed that the Cats defense was looking better. Last couple of weeks, not so much. They didn't play Weber last year, so can't compare that. Big question is, Do the GRIZ want TG back, think we all know the answer to that.

Latest posts

Back