• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Drew Bledsoe's kid commits to NAU

havgrizfan said:
ATL, since your son follows SEC football, which somehow you magically connected to having an IN with Phillips, I have FOOTBALL question for you. Do you predict he will leave at the end of this season, or perhaps during it even, IF Gus doesn't go down with an injury?

Lyin' HavaTampa, just like Lyin' Ted!

You can't help yourself, can you?

I have NEVER said I had an "in" with Phillips. My son is a Georgia grad, and is very tuned into SEC football. He has friends who coach at both Tennessee and Mississippi State. So, he is able to get a lot of inside info on things happening in the SEC. Mississippi State recruited Phillips pretty hard out of high school. While Tennesseeid not really recruit him, they know all about him. How in the hell would I know what Phillips will or won't do? I never said he would leave.

My point is, no great recruit, whether in high school, or a FBS drop-down wants to come to a school where the head coach is always looking for a new QB to sign. He wants to BE THE MAN! Do you think Phillips did not have plenty of FCS offers when he left Kentucky? Do you think he will be satisfied riding the pines behind Gus or Jensen (next year)? He came here to START, I assure you of that!

Atlanta Griz1 said:
havgrizfan said:
ATL, since your son follows SEC football, which somehow you magically connected to having an IN with Phillips, I have FOOTBALL question for you. Do you predict he will leave at the end of this season, or perhaps during it even, IF Gus doesn't go down with an injury?

I have NEVER said I had an "in" with Phillips. My son is a Georgia grad, and is very tuned into SEC football. He has friends who coach at both Tennessee and Mississippi State. So, he is able to get a lot of inside info on things happening in the SEC. Mississippi State recruited Phillips pretty hard out of high school. While Tennesseeid not really recruit him, they know all about him. How in the hell would I know what Phillips will or won't do? I never said he would leave.

My point is, no great recruit, whether in high school, or a FBS drop-down wants to come to a school where the head coach is always looking for a new QB to sign. He wants to BE THE MAN! Do you think Phillips did not have plenty of FCS offers when he left Kentucky? Do you think he will be satisfied riding the pines behind Gus or Jensen (next year)? He came here to START, I assure you of that!

If someone stepped up to be "THE MAN", Stitt wouldn't have to keep looking.....it is also odd that you have decided that all after 1 year......1 year of looking for "THE MAN".......

One more key point regarding Stitt. As you know, Stitt keeps telling us that the QB position is critical for his offense to work. Yet, he seems to be unable to recruit a QB with confidence that that kid can "be the man". his penchant for filling the cabinet with QBs and WRs tells me that he is never really very confident in his recruiting, and so he recruits numbers hoping that he can find what he needs among the masses.

The problem with this approach is that future QBs and WRs may not want to sign with him, and compete with scores of other signees for playing time. If you recruit the right kids, you don't miss on many, and you don't NEED to keep recruiting that position.

grizindabox said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
havgrizfan said:

If someone stepped up to be "THE MAN", Stitt wouldn't have to keep looking.....it is also odd that you have decided that all after 1 year......1 year of looking for "THE MAN".......

Whatever, go back to sleep :coffee:

Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizindabox said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
havgrizfan said:

Whatever, go back to sleep :coffee:

yeah....that is what I thought.....

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I don't waste key strokes in pissing contests with posters who obviously know nothing about the game. Get the hint.

actually.....it seems you don't waste key strokes when......1) you have been exposed....or.....2)your hands are too busy...... :jack: .........#micdrop....

Atlanta Griz1 said:
One more key point regarding Stitt. As you know, Stitt keeps telling us that the QB position is critical for his offense to work. Yet, he seems to be unable to recruit a QB with confidence that that kid can "be the man". his penchant for filling the cabinet with QBs and WRs tells me that he is never really very confident in his recruiting, and so he recruits numbers hoping that he can find what he needs among the masses.

The problem with this approach is that future QBs and WRs may not want to sign with him, and compete with scores of other signees for playing time. If you recruit the right kids, you don't miss on many, and you don't NEED to keep recruiting that position.

Stitt is failing to recruit good quarterbacks to Montana? And you sermized this after ONE full recruiting cycle that he's been here for? Also, do you ever reread what you post before hitting send? You brag and brag about how Phillips is the man and should already be named the starter. And then in another post, you say Stitt sucks at recruiting QB.s. lol. WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK RECRUITED PHILLIPS? lol

grizindabox said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I don't waste key strokes in pissing contests with posters who obviously know nothing about the game. Get the hint.

actually.....it seems you don't waste key strokes when......1) you have been exposed....or.....2)your hands are too busy...... :jack: .........#micdrop....

#Boom?

I dunno about boom necessarily, but it sounds as though there may well be some bobcat batter on the way soon. #ownthesperm

havgrizfan said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Stitt is failing to recruit good quarterbacks to Montana? And you sermized this after ONE full recruiting cycle that he's been here for? Also, do you ever reread what you post before hitting send? You brag and brag about how Phillips is the man and should already be named the starter. And then in another post, you say Stitt sucks at recruiting QB.s. lol. WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK RECRUITED PHILLIPS? lol

Are you really that dense, or did you just flunk reading comprehension 101? I didn't say Stitt is not recruiting good QBs. I said that HE SEEMS TO TO BE UNABLE TO FEEL CONFIDENT THAT HIS QB RECRUITS CAN BE THE MAN, which causes him to endlessly look for yet another QB. He does the same with WRs. No head coach needs 8 QBs or 22 WRs on his team. And no great QB recruit wants to compete with 7 other QBs for the starting position.

There, have I dumbed it down enough for ya? :roll:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

He's brought in 2 HS QB's and they haven't even stepped foot in WaGriz yet.....what makes you say Stitt is unable to find a QB that can't fill the void? So far the only serious QB recruits that Stitt has brought in are Jensen, Bea, and Philips. One of those you happen to be quite high on as well....so why do you say Stitt can't get a QB to run his offense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who wants to bet on how many QBs we have on the roster after fall cuts? I've got a number in mind....and it certainly isn't 8....

brewskis said:
Who wants to bet on how many QBs we have on the roster after fall cuts? I've got a number in mind....and it certainly isn't 8....

That's irrelevant. How would you like to be a QB signing with a team who you threw into competition with 8 QBs, knowing that 3-4 of them would be cut after fall practice? You think any stud QB wants that situation? You think Phillips would have come to Montana if he knew that was the situation? Would Ochs or Miller have come here under those terms?

brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

He's brought in 2 HS QB's and they haven't even stepped foot in WaGriz yet.....what makes you say Stitt is unable to find a QB that can't fill the void? So far the only serious QB recruits that Stitt has brought in are Jensen, Bea, and Philips. One of those you happen to be quite high on as well....so why do you say Stitt can't get a QB to run his offense?

I am also high on Jensen, and know nothing about Bea, so I have no opinion about him. But you continue to miss the point. You don't need to recruit two H.S. QBs in a single recruiting class, then bring in a drop-down in the same class. Get behind ONE QB who is capable of winning the starting job, instead of filling the roster with a bunch of them and telling them to go out and win the job!

Just because a kid is good in high school doesn't mean that will translate to college. It's smart to bring in 2-3 and to battle it out once they have an idea how things work. For all we know a walk on could be starting in 2-3 years from now.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
brewskis said:

That's irrelevant. How would you like to be a QB signing with a team who you threw into competition with 8 QBs, knowing that 3-4 of them would be cut after fall practice? You think any stud QB wants that situation? You think Phillips would have come to Montana if he knew that was the situation? Would Ochs or Miller have come here under those terms?
Well Phillips did come to UM, and I'm sure he's smart enough to find the roster online, so im betting he knew what the QB situation was here. Maybe he's just confident enough that he will will be in the 2-deep.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

I am also high on Jensen, and know nothing about Bea, so I have no opinion about him. But you continue to miss the point. You don't need to recruit two H.S. QBs in a single recruiting class, then bring in a drop-down in the same class. Get behind ONE QB who is capable of winning the starting job, instead of filling the roster with a bunch of them and telling them to go out and win the job!
We needed depth behind Brady....and that would be a lot to ask of Jensen right off the bat. Chad was pretty shaky last season, so I think we did need Phillips. Plus he will be a Junior.

Here's how I see it playing out. Brady starts the whole season, barring an injury. Phillips takes the reins for his senior season, and does very well with a very strong receiver corps. THEN Jensen is well groomed to take the starting spot his sophomore season.

We needed immediate help at QB (Phillips) and a guy to invest in and groom for the future (Jensen). Then we get some insurance in a walk-on in Bea.

Back