• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Drew Bledsoe's kid commits to NAU

jcu27 said:
Just because a kid is good in high school doesn't mean that will translate to college. It's smart to bring in 2-3 and to battle it out once they have an idea how things work. For all we know a walk on could be starting in 2-3 years from now.

Bingo. How many 5 star QBs have there been that didn't amount to anything? Many. Good coaches don't recruit kids and designate them future starters off the bat. They bring in the best talent they can and have them compete. If a kid is skittish from signing with a team because the players have to compete for their spots on the team, then that doesn't sound like a confident player or someone that would rather feel entitled. The QB position is paramount in this offense and requires fierce competition to push those kids to be better. If you've ever played a sport in your life, you would understand that competition makes people better. I'll take Stitt's many years experience in recruiting for his offense that he understands what he needs and wants to improve his QB position.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
brewskis said:
Who wants to bet on how many QBs we have on the roster after fall cuts? I've got a number in mind....and it certainly isn't 8....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's irrelevant. How would you like to be a QB signing with a team who you threw into competition with 8 QBs, knowing that 3-4 of them would be cut after fall practice? You think any stud QB wants that situation? You think Phillips would have come to Montana if he knew that was the situation? Would Ochs or Miller have come here under those terms?

What is relevant? How about competition and let the cream rise to the top. If a kid shy's away from competition, especially a QB, then I am not sure that is a kid I would want leading my team. And my take, I believe Ochs and Miller would have come even if not promised the starting spot. Both are great people and had confidence in themselves.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
One more key point regarding Stitt. As you know, Stitt keeps telling us that the QB position is critical for his offense to work. Yet, he seems to be unable to recruit a QB with confidence that that kid can "be the man". his penchant for filling the cabinet with QBs and WRs tells me that he is never really very confident in his recruiting, and so he recruits numbers hoping that he can find what he needs among the masses.

The problem with this approach is that future QBs and WRs may not want to sign with him, and compete with scores of other signees for playing time. If you recruit the right kids, you don't miss on many, and you don't NEED to keep recruiting that position.
He's brought in 2 HS QB's and they haven't even stepped foot in WaGriz yet.....what makes you say Stitt is unable to find a QB that can't fill the void? So far the only serious QB recruits that Stitt has brought in are Jensen, Bea, and Philips. One of those you happen to be quite high on as well....so why do you say Stitt can't get a QB to run his offense?

I am also high on Jensen, and know nothing about Bea, so I have no opinion about him. But you continue to miss the point. You don't need to recruit two H.S. QBs in a single recruiting class, then bring in a drop-down in the same class. Get behind ONE QB who is capable of winning the starting job, instead of filling the roster with a bunch of them and telling them to go out and win the job!

The more you post, the more you display how out of touch that you are with reality. I bet Oregon wishes that they would have recruited more QB's.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
One more key point regarding Stitt. As you know, Stitt keeps telling us that the QB position is critical for his offense to work. Yet, he seems to be unable to recruit a QB with confidence that that kid can "be the man". his penchant for filling the cabinet with QBs and WRs tells me that he is never really very confident in his recruiting, and so he recruits numbers hoping that he can find what he needs among the masses.

The problem with this approach is that future QBs and WRs may not want to sign with him, and compete with scores of other signees for playing time. If you recruit the right kids, you don't miss on many, and you don't NEED to keep recruiting that position.
He's brought in 2 HS QB's and they haven't even stepped foot in WaGriz yet.....what makes you say Stitt is unable to find a QB that can't fill the void? So far the only serious QB recruits that Stitt has brought in are Jensen, Bea, and Philips. One of those you happen to be quite high on as well....so why do you say Stitt can't get a QB to run his offense?

I am also high on Jensen, and know nothing about Bea, so I have no opinion about him. But you continue to miss the point. You don't need to recruit two H.S. QBs in a single recruiting class, then bring in a drop-down in the same class. Get behind ONE QB who is capable of winning the starting job, instead of filling the roster with a bunch of them and telling them to go out and win the job!

What a dumb fucking post. Every school does this. It's how teams are made. It's very clear that your highest level was club slow-pitch softball, as you've indicated. Toad. You're blowing it with Yum-Yum, by the way.

brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
brewskis said:
Who wants to bet on how many QBs we have on the roster after fall cuts? I've got a number in mind....and it certainly isn't 8....

That's irrelevant. How would you like to be a QB signing with a team who you threw into competition with 8 QBs, knowing that 3-4 of them would be cut after fall practice? You think any stud QB wants that situation? You think Phillips would have come to Montana if he knew that was the situation? Would Ochs or Miller have come here under those terms?
Well Phillips did come to UM, and I'm sure he's smart enough to find the roster online, so im betting he knew what the QB situation was here. Maybe he's just confident enough that he will will be in the 2-deep.

Great point Brew. ATL is all over the map on this one. Gus and Chalich and Prater were already here. Jensen and Kaegi were already inked before Phillips was even in the picture. The only QB added after Phillips transferred was Bae.

CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

What a dumb f***[*] post. Every school does this. It's how teams are made. It's very clear that your highest level was club slow-pitch softball, as you've indicated. Toad. You're blowing it with Yum-Yum, by the way.

And you just blow

It very clear that you nerds know nothing about football. Pedestrian is too complimentary for your level of understanding. This site is cluster f_ck of pin headed wannabees. Yeah, we are down several scholarships..... so let's use 40% of 'em on QBs and WRs. I'm sure we can find ONE good enough to run my dynamic fly-less sweep offense with no blocking back, no tight end, and no running game. Who needs a defense or special teams, when we can have six all-star QBs warming the pine just waiting for the starter to screw up! We'll just out-score 'em every week, and use my vaunted bubble screen when we need two yards on fourth down.

Sam A. Blitz said:
jcu27 said:
Just because a kid is good in high school doesn't mean that will translate to college. It's smart to bring in 2-3 and to battle it out once they have an idea how things work. For all we know a walk on could be starting in 2-3 years from now.

Bingo. How many 5 star QBs have there been that didn't amount to anything? Many. Good coaches don't recruit kids and designate them future starters off the bat. They bring in the best talent they can and have them compete. If a kid is skittish from signing with a team because the players have to compete for their spots on the team, then that doesn't sound like a confident player or someone that would rather feel entitled. The QB position is paramount in this offense and requires fierce competition to push those kids to be better. If you've ever played a sport in your life, you would understand that competition makes people better. I'll take Stitt's many years experience in recruiting for his offense that he understands what he needs and wants to improve his QB position.

One of stupidest post I have read on here. Name ONE 5-star QB who didn't amount to anything! You don't even know the name of a single 5-star QB, so quit making stupid posts. Pedestrian.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
brewskis said:

What a dumb f***[*] post. Every school does this. It's how teams are made. It's very clear that your highest level was club slow-pitch softball, as you've indicated. Toad. You're blowing it with Yum-Yum, by the way.

And you just blow

Good one, Toad. Thanks for taking the time out from thumbing your butt hole to comment. Now, back to work.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
jcu27 said:

One of stupidest post I have read on here. Name ONE 5-star QB who didn't amount to anything! You don't even know the name of a single 5-star QB, so quit making stupid posts. Pedestrian.

Allen Iverson.

CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

And you just blow

Good one, Toad. Thanks for taking the time out from thumbing your butt hole to comment. Now, back to work.

Oooooo, a low blow. But then, you take 'em low or high.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
It very clear that you nerds know nothing about football. Pedestrian is too complimentary for your level of understanding. This site is cluster f_ck of pin headed wannabees. Yeah, we are down several scholarships..... so let's use 40% of 'em on QBs and WRs. I'm sure we can find ONE good enough to run my dynamic fly-less sweep offense with no blocking back, no tight end, and no running game. Who needs a defense or special teams, when we can have six all-star QBs warming the pine just waiting for the starter to screw up! We'll just out-score 'em every week, and use my vaunted bubble screen when we need two yards on fourth down.
6 all star QBs? Dude, stick to the ass picking.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

And you just blow

Oooooo, a low blow. But then, you take 'em low or high.

Haha, typical Toad. As opposed to being a strict taint fella. Keep at it. China is in there somewhere, butt boy.

CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

And you just blow

Certfied Dumb Arse doesn't dare scratch his ass in public. He's much too feminine to do such a dastardly thing. It might soil his fuchsia panties.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
jcu27 said:

How about making this more realistic in relation to Griz football. How many 3-star high school players flame out in college? How many 2-star? ATL expects a UM to recruit sure-thing QB's, but at the FCS level that just doesn't happen a large percentage of the time. I don't know if the kids Stitt brought in will be the next DD, but there is a ceiling to the kids available and you get the best ones you can. I have no problem bringing in some extra kids to improve odds and finding that guy.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

And you just blow

Certfied Dumb Arse doesn't dare scratch his ass in public. He's much too feminine to do such a dastardly thing. It might soil his fuchsia panties.

Another gem, Toad. You're on a roll. Just don't touch the roll before serving it. Have you notified your dinner guests (like you would ever have dinner guests) that their rolls are literally tainted? Is the dirt growing up nicely?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizindabox said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizindabox said:
Does quantity mean there can't be quality.........

That's correct. No quality QB wants to sign with a head coach who signs every freakin' QB he can round up. And, no FCS team needs 8 freakin' QBs on the roster. Why don't we just forget about all of the other positions and just sign QBs and WRS? We can scan the intramural teams to find linemen etc.

I'm sure Phillips would never have come to Montana if he knew that Stitt would keep signing every QB he can. You sign ONE GREAT QB each recruiting year. You have 4 scholarship QBs and possibly 1 walk-on QB on the roster at this level.

With your record....no one takes any recruiting advice you have serious....

you only wish you had my record of incontinence

FIFY

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
jcu27 said:

Every LSU QB ever

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
jcu27 said:

I did every LSU QB I could

FIFY

Back