• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Drew Bledsoe's kid commits to NAU

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
jcu27 said:
Just because a kid is good in high school doesn't mean that will translate to college. It's smart to bring in 2-3 and to battle it out once they have an idea how things work. For all we know a walk on could be starting in 2-3 years from now.

Bingo. How many 5 star QBs have there been that didn't amount to anything? Many. Good coaches don't recruit kids and designate them future starters off the bat. They bring in the best talent they can and have them compete. If a kid is skittish from signing with a team because the players have to compete for their spots on the team, then that doesn't sound like a confident player or someone that would rather feel entitled. The QB position is paramount in this offense and requires fierce competition to push those kids to be better. If you've ever played a sport in your life, you would understand that competition makes people better. I'll take Stitt's many years experience in recruiting for his offense that he understands what he needs and wants to improve his QB position.

One of stupidest post I have read on here. Name ONE 5-star QB who didn't amount to anything! You don't even know the name of a single 5-star QB, so quit making stupid posts. Pedestrian.

Alright, shorty...

Lets use 2012 as an example. 8 out of the 10 top rated QB prospects transferred from the school they signed with. Guess the coaches for those teams must not have recruited them with confidence....

Top ranked QBs in 2012 that have never started a game:

Zach Kline: #2 ranked on ESPN. Never played at Cal. Just transferred to Indiana State
TJ Millwead: #5 ranked on ESPN. Never played at UCLA. Transferred to Kansas. Has not played
Conner Brewer: #7 ranked on ESPN. Never played at Texas. Has transferred Twice. Has not played
Ford Childress: #8 ranked. Never played at West Virginia. Transferred to Fresno State. Has played little.
Chad Voytik: #9 ranked. Never played at Pitt. Just transferred to Arkansas State

Sam A. Blitz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
jcu27 said:
Just because a kid is good in high school doesn't mean that will translate to college. It's smart to bring in 2-3 and to battle it out once they have an idea how things work. For all we know a walk on could be starting in 2-3 years from now.

Bingo. How many 5 star QBs have there been that didn't amount to anything? Many. Good coaches don't recruit kids and designate them future starters off the bat. They bring in the best talent they can and have them compete. If a kid is skittish from signing with a team because the players have to compete for their spots on the team, then that doesn't sound like a confident player or someone that would rather feel entitled. The QB position is paramount in this offense and requires fierce competition to push those kids to be better. If you've ever played a sport in your life, you would understand that competition makes people better. I'll take Stitt's many years experience in recruiting for his offense that he understands what he needs and wants to improve his QB position.

One of stupidest post I have read on here. Name ONE 5-star QB who didn't amount to anything! You don't even know the name of a single 5-star QB, so quit making stupid posts. Pedestrian.

Alright, shorty...

Lets use 2012 as an example. 8 out of the 10 top rated QB prospects transferred from the school they signed with. Guess the coaches for those teams must not have recruited them with confidence....

Zach Kline: #2 ranked on ESPN. Never played at Cal. Just transferred to Indiana State
TJ Millwead: #5 ranked on ESPN. Never played at UCLA. Transferred to Kansas. Has not played
Conner Brewer: #7 ranked on ESPN. Never played at Texas. Has transferred Twice. Has not played
Ford Childress: #8 ranked. Never played at West Virginia. Transferred to Fresno State. Has played little.
Chad Voytik: #9 ranked. Never played at Pitt. Just transferred to Arkansas State

Nice try. First ESPN doesn't know jack sh*t about ranking high school players. So, let's look at how Rivals ranked your examples. Your supposed #2 ranked QB, Zach Kline, was a rivals 4-star recruit, ranked as the #44 pro-style QB. The rest were ranked lower. There was not a 5-star QB among them. But, thanks for playin' big boy.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

Alright, shorty...

Nice try. First ESPN doesn't know jack sh*t about ranking high school players. So, let's look at how Rivals ranked your examples. Your supposed #2 ranked QB, Zach Kline, was a rivals 4-star recruit, ranked as the #44 pro-style QB. The rest were ranked lower. There was not a 5-star QB among them. But, thanks for playin' big boy.

ESPN, Rivals, Scout...etc... Doesn't really matter. Prove to me it does.

BTW, Kline was the 44th ranked prospect all positions on Rivals and was the 2nd ranked pro-style QB on that site.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Alright, shorty...

BTW, Kline was the 44th ranked prospect all positions on Rivals and was the 2nd ranked pro-style QB on that site.

I heard Dilldon't was the 19th ranked club slow-pitch softball catcher in all the land back in the day. Solid Three Star.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Alright, shorty...

Where all all of your 5-star QBs who don't make the grade? There were no 5-stars in the group you named. still waiting. :twisted:

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Alright, shorty...

Where all all of your 5-star QBs who don't make the grade? There were no 5-stars in the group you named. still waiting. :twisted:

I just listed several top 10 ranked QBs from the 2012 class that did not start for the team they signed for. It blows your argument out of the water that Stitt should have the confidence in one QB a class and stick with them. My argument is that there are no sure-fire prospects and have proven that even the highest ranked QBs don't always pan out. Competition is important. Crucial actually.

Maybe you are right though. You obviously know way more about recruiting and building a team than Stitt does. Doubt Stitt even has a Rivals membership... Probably builds his list of recruits from that pedestrian ESPN... or maybe he doesn't pay attention to rankings from those recruiting sites, because they mean squat to college coaches.

Congratulations to the young Bledsoe.

My hope is that you're as good a winemaker as your father...

Back