• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

East/West Shrine Game

Buttegrizzle said:
Paytonlives said:
NLGrizFan said:
Griz Growler said:
Agreed. And he is only getting every other series. Hasn't seemed to effect his rhythm.
What the hell were the Griz doing snagging Weyer over Cook?

Not as simple as that... Cook had grade/ test issues..

Keep an eye on little bother Dylan. Jr QB at Butte High. Same general size as Dallas.
Nice! How good is he? Think he'll break brother's records?

cclarkblues said:
QB from Columbia Falls looks good. Fun to see kids I don't get to see during the season.
Tranashtish is having a great game. 2 incompletes all game last I heard.

NLGrizFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Paytonlives said:
NLGrizFan said:
What the hell were the Griz doing snagging Weyer over Cook?

Not as simple as that... Cook had grade/ test issues..

Keep an eye on little bother Dylan. Jr QB at Butte High. Same general size as Dallas.
Nice! How good is he? Think he'll break brother's records?

All I know is that he has been really helpful to my kid (incoming freshman QB) and word is he gets decent grades. He is around 6'4". I'd guess 220 or so now but will get bigger. Good arm. Like someone's earlier post you can't coach the kind of instinct Dallas had but hopefully Dylan will have it.

The West looks very good. Neither Cook nor Weyer looks like a DI/FCS starter right now to me. Good thing they aren't even college football players officially yet. They have LOADS of time to develop. I'm not the least bit concerned about Weyer right now. STILL a GREAT GREAT GREAT sign for the Griz, especially during the time of NCAA sanctions.

I just have one question though. Are these questions about why the Griz didn't land Cook for real???? The Dallas Cook saga has been discussed on this board adnausiam the last two and a half years. Every single question about why Cook isn't a Griz OR a Bobcat for that matter, has been answered 20 times over on this board.

The worst "miss" out of Montana for the Griz is the frosh Kicker that MSU signed out of Helena. Crushed Dan Carpenters high school record. But, We don't offer scollies to kickers.....

havgrizfan said:
I just have one question though. Are these questions about why the Griz didn't land Cook for real???? The Dallas Cook saga has been discussed on this board adnausiam the last two and a half years. Every single question about why Cook isn't a Griz OR a Bobcat for that matter, has been answered 20 times over on this board.

I was thinking the same thing.. There have been NUMEROUS threads about Cook, holy moly!

Well, NL, here's the short version. Montana offered Cook a FULL RIDE when he was a junior and recruited him HEAVILY all the way through last winter. MSU did the EXACT SAME THING. Dallas was pretty disinterested in both schools. He wanted to go to Oregon or Washington State. Neither worked out and he is now headed to North Dakota State College of Science in Wapaton, North Dakota.

havgrizfan said:
Well, NL, here's the short version. Montana offered Cook a FULL RIDE when he was a junior and recruited him HEAVILY all the way through last winter. MSU did the EXACT SAME THING. Dallas was pretty disinterested in both schools. He wanted to go to Oregon or Washington State. Neither worked out and he is now headed to North Dakota State College of Science in Wapaton, North Dakota.
Thanks! I wonder why he don't have interest in any of the Montana schools. Even Carroll or MT Tech... Both schools are close to home. Id love to see him in a Griz jersey. That kid is a stud!

He didn't have interest because he wants to play Division 1 football and he doesnt consider the Griz, Cats or the Big Sky DI. He believes 2 years at a juco will get him the Pac 12 or SEC offer he is seeking.

Hmmm... interesting. Maybe its my Montana pride but it almost feels like hes turning his back on his home state. I hope it works out for him. I wont be so happy if he shows up in a NDSU uniform tho. lol

Cook was not born n raised in MT. the family moved to anaconda from north carolina i believe, when Dallas was either a frosh or 8th grade. Maybe a little younger. Hammer would know more than I. His mom is a butte area native I think. From what I'm told he doesn't feel a strong bond with the state. With his Butte team, yes, but the state and our state schools, no. But the bigger thing for him is, he's made it clear he feels he can play QB for a much bigger program than the Griz, Cats, or Eastern Washington, which also recruited him heavily. I can't knock a kid for following his dreams and that's what he's doing.

As I left the game I heard a lady in Griz gear say "that's the worst Griz quarterback since Jason Washington." Not fair to knock a kid like that, but it made me laugh out loud.

Latest posts

Back