• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

East/West Shrine Game

Could be coach Purcell, too. The east receivers don't look comfortable in their routes. I would guess the coach is plugging the kids into his playbook instead of trying to incorporate the plays that got these kids to the Shrine Game in the first place.

griz4life said:
Could be coach Purcell, too. The east receivers don't look comfortable in their routes. I would guess the coach is plugging the kids into his playbook instead of trying to incorporate the plays that got these kids to the Shrine Game in the first place.
Good call. And wheres the East's D?

griz4life said:
Where is Peter Granger going to college?

I don't know if he has been offered. Hell of a reciever tho. And he's tall.

Cook was on Griz radar as well as many others. Grades weren't there so he is going JuCo. He will pop up in a couple years at some D1 school. His JuCo is in North Dakota. You can bet NDSU will have an eye on him.

The east has a couple small kids in the secondary, but those aren't being exploited that much. They're in a pretty soft zone.

griz4life said:
I still want to know where Granger is going to school. He's a good looking athlete.

He had preferred walk on at MSU but is hoosing to go to MT tech and not play college football- according to Butte Sports.com

Buttegrizzle said:
griz4life said:
Where is Peter Granger going to college?

I don't know if he has been offered. Hell of a reciever tho. And he's tall.

Cook was on Griz radar as well as many others. Grades weren't there so he is going JuCo. He will pop up in a couple years at some D1 school. His JuCo is in North Dakota. You can bet NDSU will have an eye on him.
Ugh... I hope he comes to Montana. The cats would probably beg him to come play lol

Cook drew interest from schools from the Pac-12 on down to the NAIA, earning preferred walk-on nods from Washington State and Oregon and also getting scholarship offers from both Montana and Montana State, though the Bobcats decided in December to stick with the quarterbacks they have in house.

After leading Butte to the State AA championship as a junior, his first year with the Bulldogs after transferring from Anaconda, Cook amassed some serious statistics and broke several of his own state records as a senior. The QB completed 296 passes in 460 attempts for 4,145 yards and 40 TDs. He also ran the ball for 866 yards on 133 carries for another 16 touchdowns as Butte finished with a 6-5 record and a first-round playoff exit.

Dallas Cook’s record breaking career

Career Points - 604 (broke record by 100)

Season Points - 338 (broke record by 24)

Career Total Touchdowns - 99 (broke record by 35)

Season Total Touchdowns - 56 (broke own record by 17)

Total Touchdowns in a Game - 8 (twice)

Season Total Yards - 5,011 (broke own record by 514)

Total Yards Per Game - 456.4 (broke own record by 110.2)

Season Passing Yards - 4,145 (broke own record by 250)

Yards Passing Per Game - 376.8 (broke own record by 80.6)

Season Completions - 296 (broke own record by 10)

Completions Per Game - 27 (broke record by 5)

Career Touchdown Passes - 76 (broke record by 12)

Season Touchdown Passes - 40 (broke record by 4)

NLGrizFan said:
Griz Growler said:
griz4life said:
Griz Growler said:
Weyer looks bigger than Cook
Cook looks like the better QB. It's Badlands Bowl part 2 for Weyer.
Agreed. And he is only getting every other series. Hasn't seemed to effect his rhythm.
What the hell were the Griz doing snagging Weyer over Cook?

Not as simple as that... Cook had grade/ test issues..

Got to hand it to coach Nordahl, too. His kids are playing like a team after a week of practice. That's pretty good. This is the second all star game for Purcell and some of these kids.

Paytonlives said:
NLGrizFan said:
Griz Growler said:
griz4life said:
Agreed. And he is only getting every other series. Hasn't seemed to effect his rhythm.

Those can be helped tho. Instincts are a gift. This kid is a great athlete! This is the first time I've ever seen him play. I've heard a lot about him, now I see why.

Buttegrizzle said:
Cook drew interest from schools from the Pac-12 on down to the NAIA, earning preferred walk-on nods from Washington State and Oregon and also getting scholarship offers from both Montana and Montana State, though the Bobcats decided in December to stick with the quarterbacks they have in house.

After leading Butte to the State AA championship as a junior, his first year with the Bulldogs after transferring from Anaconda, Cook amassed some serious statistics and broke several of his own state records as a senior. The QB completed 296 passes in 460 attempts for 4,145 yards and 40 TDs. He also ran the ball for 866 yards on 133 carries for another 16 touchdowns as Butte finished with a 6-5 record and a first-round playoff exit.

Dallas Cook’s record breaking career

Career Points - 604 (broke record by 100)

Season Points - 338 (broke record by 24)

Career Total Touchdowns - 99 (broke record by 35)

Season Total Touchdowns - 56 (broke own record by 17)

Total Touchdowns in a Game - 8 (twice)

Season Total Yards - 5,011 (broke own record by 514)

Total Yards Per Game - 456.4 (broke own record by 110.2)

Season Passing Yards - 4,145 (broke own record by 250)

Yards Passing Per Game - 376.8 (broke own record by 80.6)

Season Completions - 296 (broke own record by 10)

Completions Per Game - 27 (broke record by 5)

Career Touchdown Passes - 76 (broke record by 12)

Season Touchdown Passes - 40 (broke record by 4)
OUTSTANDING!!

Paytonlives said:
NLGrizFan said:
Griz Growler said:
griz4life said:

Keep an eye on little bother Dylan. Jr QB at Butte High. Same general size as Dallas.

Latest posts

Back