• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU @ MSU game thread

Okay, I just watched this game again and I have a question for Cat fans. I didn't see Marino play, unless I missed him which is entirely possible. I guess I thought he was getting a lot of playing time. Is he injured?

Ash sat him for the game because of a fight. He's back this week, said he "learned his lesson"! We shall see, hope he tempers his temper.

Catsrback76 said:
Ash sat him for the game because of a fight. He's back this week, said he "learned his lesson"! We shall see, hope he tempers his temper.

No isht. REALLY coulda used him in that game. :( I'm thinking Shoota would have eaten turf a couple more times. Credit to Ash for enforcing the rules tho.

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Jerry Punch said:
How many games do just defenses play the entire game? If you know of one upcoming featuring UM/MSU and UM/EWU, you might be right but UM's D would have to score some points without its offense ever playing.

Its more of how the Defense played...bend don't break defense..it was very nice...I would love to see EWY or MSU beat anyone just kicking field goals...and the way your defense plays...youd need about 15 field goals to win a game!

You guys just keep your heads in the sand, and pretend that there isn't a pretty damn good team in Bozeman this year. Offense and defense. You'll find out soon enough. I also think it's going to be funny when your team faces a high scoring offense, you give up a bunch of points, then all start freaking out on the board, as happens every year.

Holy hell, most of us have admitted your team is good. We also say that it has a real deficiency (as does Ewoo's). Why doesn't that make sense to you?

The quote below doesn't sound like someone admitting our team is good. I could easily throw that back at you and say "Pray to God you don't have to play a good offense until EWU or MSU."

Bottom line - some of you still the streak is still going?

"Bwa ha ha ha. Oh God you kill me. Your screen name should be Little Boy Who Cries Wolf. How the hell many times do we have to hear it out of can't fans. This is the year, this is the year. No really, this is the year. Are you gonna make it to the semis this year? You just lost to EWU at HOME and you are worried about the Griz. Talk about envy. Seriously, evaluate the situation, take a deep breath, get Ash a juice box and then pray to God you don't actually have to play a tough defense until the Brawl. At least then you can keep your pipe dream alive."

Wow what cluster on here. cat and eagle fans had a slot machine of a football game(entertainment purposes only) Montana had a fight with a steam roller which exposed a glaring weakness(offensive line) and yet some speak of streaks and the just you wait and see crowd lurking at every turn. Bottom line is the season starts this week end. throw all that other stuff out the window. Offensively Montana has a ways to go.....defensively the cats and eagles need some work. people can start comparing after some common opponents like cal poly, uc davis, etc...Right now it seems as if cat fans and some eagle fans like to stur up trouble. Whats the point!

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Its more of how the Defense played...bend don't break defense..it was very nice...I would love to see EWY or MSU beat anyone just kicking field goals...and the way your defense plays...youd need about 15 field goals to win a game!

You guys just keep your heads in the sand, and pretend that there isn't a pretty damn good team in Bozeman this year. Offense and defense. You'll find out soon enough. I also think it's going to be funny when your team faces a high scoring offense, you give up a bunch of points, then all start freaking out on the board, as happens every year.

Holy hell, most of us have admitted your team is good. We also say that it has a real deficiency (as does Ewoo's). Why doesn't that make sense to you?

The quote below doesn't sound like someone admitting our team is good. I could easily throw that back at you and say "Pray to God you don't have to play a good offense until EWU or MSU."

"Bwa ha ha ha. Oh God you kill me. Your screen name should be Little Boy Who Cries Wolf. How the hell many times do we have to hear it out of can't fans. This is the year, this is the year. No really, this is the year. Are you gonna make it to the semis this year? You just lost to EWU at HOME and you are worried about the Griz. Talk about envy. Seriously, evaluate the situation, take a deep breath, get Ash a juice box and then pray to God you don't actually have to play a tough defense until the Brawl. At least then you can keep your pipe dream alive."

Oh I get it now. You have issues with reading comprehension. I'll see if I can assist: "Most" does not equal "all".

You're welcome. No charge for the tutorial.

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I think I hit a nerve. You come to Egriz talking smack and wan't a hug. Get a clue and post on BN if you want sweet nothings whispered in your ear. This is not the place you should be coming for validation. Forget the streak. When was the last time MSU went to the semis?

EWURanger29 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Copper Griz said:
... This is the year, this is the year. No really, this is the year. Are you gonna make it to the semis this year? You just lost to EWU at HOME and you are worried about the Griz. ...
Fortunately for the kitties, and unfortunately for the Eags, by the magic (stupidity) of an unbalanced conference structure -- if I'm not mistaken, the game does not count in the conference standings.

Doesn't count towards who gets the auto-bid, but could have big implications around selection time and in terms of seeds.
It actually does come into play in selecting the autobid, but not in the BSC championship.

Lets just say that we both win out, both would be BSC co-champs, EWU would get the AB due to the head to head.

Chester Cheetah said:
EWURanger29 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Copper Griz said:
... This is the year, this is the year. No really, this is the year. Are you gonna make it to the semis this year? You just lost to EWU at HOME and you are worried about the Griz. ...
Fortunately for the kitties, and unfortunately for the Eags, by the magic (stupidity) of an unbalanced conference structure -- if I'm not mistaken, the game does not count in the conference standings.

Doesn't count towards who gets the auto-bid, but could have big implications around selection time and in terms of seeds.
It actually does come into play in selecting the autobid, but not in the BSC championship.

Lets just say that we both win out, both would be BSC co-champs, EWU would get the AB due to the head to head.

I'm tracking - I guess I should have said it doesn't count unless both teams finish with the same conference record.

Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

I think I hit a nerve. You come to Egriz talking smack and wan't a hug. Get a clue and post on BN if you want sweet nothings whispered in your ear. This is not the place you should be coming for validation. Forget the streak. When was the last time MSU went to the semis?

Yep, it's been awhile since we've made the semis. But you guys haven't been setting the world on fire either. And from my seat, we have a better chance of getting there this year than you. When's the last time you won, or even tied for the Big Sky title? We've tied for or won it outright 3 times in the past four years.

Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

This is not the place you should be coming for validation.

Correct. Alas, it remains the place that fans of every team in the BSC (and beyond) come for validation.

bigkid said:
Good grief! I watched the msu/ewu game after dinner last night and the word that came to mind is time. Both qb's could have had coffee while assessing the field. No pressure by either teams defense. Notta, none,zero. Had JJ had even half that time we probably would have faired a little better. He never had the luxury of letting plays develop. As I admit it has some to do about our lack of line play but ndsu's defense is stout. They are well coached, and just flat out mean. No way in hell can cat fans or eagle fans pound there chests when both of those defenses made both the offenses look spectacular. Was it fun to watch? I'll leave that up to interpretation but I firmly believe UM will lick their wounds and be a better team for it. We held a premier offense to 22 points. An offense that runs like "clock work." I have no doubt in my mind that neither msu nor ewu will find it easy going against us. With that said can the Griz coach up this offensive line? Some on here say yes some say we just don't have the players. Time will tell I guess. I do think its funny how cat and eagle fans feel it necessary to come over here and talk isht. Conference play starts now and yesterday made us a better team. :thumb:
Why?????
Because both EWU and MSU have great O Lines, and Griz O line isn't great. They had to replace 3 big time O lineman, and 2 of them were 6'8", but they will figure it out, you are the Griz! Not a slam at all, but the Griz will always be in the mix at the end. Awesome defense!!

talon38 said:
bigkid said:
Good grief! I watched the msu/ewu game after dinner last night and the word that came to mind is time. Both qb's could have had coffee while assessing the field. No pressure by either teams defense. Notta, none,zero. Had JJ had even half that time we probably would have faired a little better. He never had the luxury of letting plays develop. As I admit it has some to do about our lack of line play but ndsu's defense is stout. They are well coached, and just flat out mean. No way in hell can cat fans or eagle fans pound there chests when both of those defenses made both the offenses look spectacular. Was it fun to watch? I'll leave that up to interpretation but I firmly believe UM will lick their wounds and be a better team for it. We held a premier offense to 22 points. An offense that runs like "clock work." I have no doubt in my mind that neither msu nor ewu will find it easy going against us. With that said can the Griz coach up this offensive line? Some on here say yes some say we just don't have the players. Time will tell I guess. I do think its funny how cat and eagle fans feel it necessary to come over here and talk isht. Conference play starts now and yesterday made us a better team. :thumb:
Why?????
Because both EWU and MSU have great O Lines, and Griz O line isn't great. They had to replace 3 big time O lineman, and 2 of them were 6'8", but they will figure it out, you are the Griz! Not a slam at all, but the Griz will always be in the mix at the end. Awesome defense!!

Or, alternatively, the respective D-lines suck so bad there was NEVER going to be any pressure...

Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:

Yep, it's been awhile since we've made the semis. But you guys haven't been setting the world on fire either. And from my seat, we have a better chance of getting there this year than you. When's the last time you won, or even tied for the Big Sky title? We've tied for or won it outright 3 times in the past four years.

I guess that is really the difference between the fans of the two schools. You are worried about posting on Egriz and how good your team is going to be - basing your opinion on three games (two of which were at home and the biggest one you lost). I hear how great the Cats are going to be year after year after year. Same results and mediocrity is accepted and embraced by your fan base. I don't see many GRIZ fans basing success on winning the BS conference or even a single playoff game. A step in the right direction, but certainly does not prove that a school has a premier program. Especially now that every team in the BSC does not play each other for conference play. I certainly am not doing cart wheels about the Success of the GRIZ over the past three years. More importantly, I am not on BN looking for validation and pounding my chest about how good the GRIZ are. Post away though. I need to be entertained.

poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Thanks for the chuckle. It's been a long week. :lol:

Copper Griz said:
Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:

I guess that is really the difference between the fans of the two schools. You are worried about posting on Egriz and how good your team is going to be - basing your opinion on three games (two of which were at home and the biggest one you lost). I hear how great the Cats are going to be year after year after year. Same results and mediocrity is accepted and embraced by your fan base. I don't see many GRIZ fans basing success on winning the BS conference or even a single playoff game. A step in the right direction, but certainly does not prove that a school has a premier program. Especially now that every team in the BSC does not play each other for conference play. I certainly am not doing cart wheels about the Success of the GRIZ over the past three years. More importantly, I am not on BN looking for validation and pounding my chest about how good the GRIZ are. Post away though. I need to be entertained.

Nope, no validation needed here. Not pounding my chest, no trying to convince all the egrizzers about how good the Cats are, and certainly not doing cartwheels over where we're at. Yes, we've won or tied for the championship three of the past four years whereas you haven't been there since 2009. However - that's not good enough for me, or most Bobcat fans, and certainly not Ash and the rest of the coaches and players. They're working hard to get to the point where they are considered an elite FCS program. My personal opinion is that we are on the right track to getting there. Will we be there at the end this year? We'll see how it plays out.

No, my main purpose here is to chime in and TRY to talk sense into posters (I know... futile) that are still living in the past. Still think that we're "little brother" and that your program still dominates us. That is simply not the case anymore, and if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Although I won't ever actually pull for a griz win unless it helps the Cats... I really would like to see a Cat\griz matchup in Zootown this year where we're both undefeated in conference play. :shock: That would be a game of epic proportions.

Back