• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU @ MSU game thread

PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:
LMAO, the logic of some kill me. EWU and MSU played a HISTORIC game in Bozeman today. AN EPIC CLASSIC. Hats off to both of them, yet the resident Bobcat and Eagle fans couldn't WAIT to rush here and tell us all how bad the Griz suck. They couldn't WAIT to rush in here and tell us all that BECAUSE EWU hung 50 on Washington, the Griz have no chance since they only scored 10 today. AND BECAUSE EWU hung 50 on Washington, and the Cats put up 50 on EWU (which I'm very impressed BTW), there's NO WAY THE GRIZ D could possibly be for real, and the Cats are going to hang at least 60 on us in Wash-Griz. The "our other opponent is better than your other opponent" logic is hilarious. But what's even MORE hilarious is, it ALMOST NEVER works when it comes to Cat fans and Eag fans hating on the Griz. It isn't that Montana just held an NDSU team to 12 points LESS than Iowa State did, IN AMES IN FRONT OF A RABID CYCLONE CROWD. Or it isn't that Montana only scored four LESS points on the Bizon D than a Big 12 team did Saturday, instead, it's "The Griz suck and they are in big trouble and even INcarnate Word would have given them a game today." It's funny how the "our other opponent" speak is ONLY A ONE-WAY STREET :thumb:

And oh by the way, while I haven't seen many Egrizzers making excuses tonight, instead, they are just disappointed and have even more respect for NDSU, how bout this little gem from BN tonight.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Griz would have beaten both EWU and the Cats today, because the Griz D would have shut down both teams.

Well, that is spoken with so much confident swagger. You seem to have forgotten the other half of the equation...OFFENSE. So, you have a good defense, you still have to score more points in order to win the game!

You can't, you won't!

see what i mean. first cat fan to respond has ZERO objectivity while this griz fan has done nothing put praise msu's performance all night long? so i'm guessing the cats would beat iowa state too???

Catsrback76 said:
PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:
LMAO, the logic of some kill me. EWU and MSU played a HISTORIC game in Bozeman today. AN EPIC CLASSIC. Hats off to both of them, yet the resident Bobcat and Eagle fans couldn't WAIT to rush here and tell us all how bad the Griz suck. They couldn't WAIT to rush in here and tell us all that BECAUSE EWU hung 50 on Washington, the Griz have no chance since they only scored 10 today. AND BECAUSE EWU hung 50 on Washington, and the Cats put up 50 on EWU (which I'm very impressed BTW), there's NO WAY THE GRIZ D could possibly be for real, and the Cats are going to hang at least 60 on us in Wash-Griz. The "our other opponent is better than your other opponent" logic is hilarious. But what's even MORE hilarious is, it ALMOST NEVER works when it comes to Cat fans and Eag fans hating on the Griz. It isn't that Montana just held an NDSU team to 12 points LESS than Iowa State did, IN AMES IN FRONT OF A RABID CYCLONE CROWD. Or it isn't that Montana only scored four LESS points on the Bizon D than a Big 12 team did Saturday, instead, it's "The Griz suck and they are in big trouble and even INcarnate Word would have given them a game today." It's funny how the "our other opponent" speak is ONLY A ONE-WAY STREET :thumb:

And oh by the way, while I haven't seen many Egrizzers making excuses tonight, instead, they are just disappointed and have even more respect for NDSU, how bout this little gem from BN tonight.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Griz would have beaten both EWU and the Cats today, because the Griz D would have shut down both teams.

Well, that is spoken with so much confident swagger. You seem to have forgotten the other half of the equation...OFFENSE. So, you have a good defense, you still have to score more points in order to win the game!

You can't, you won't!

I agree with you on your offense comment, but the UM defense, today, would have beaten both EWU and MSU.

PlayerRep said:
Catsrback76 said:
PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:

You can't, you won't!

I agree with you on your offense comment, but the UM defense, today, would have beaten both EWU and MSU.

Well that's just like your opinion man.
bannerbiglebowski_edited-1_zps120d79be.jpg

IroneagleXP said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrback76 said:
PlayerRep said:

You can't, you won't!

Well that's just like your opinion man.
bannerbiglebowski_edited-1_zps120d79be.jpg

Well played sir. Very well played. :lol: :lol:

Good grief! I watched the msu/ewu game after dinner last night and the word that came to mind is time. Both qb's could have had coffee while assessing the field. No pressure by either teams defense. Notta, none,zero. Had JJ had even half that time we probably would have faired a little better. He never had the luxury of letting plays develop. As I admit it has some to do about our lack of line play but ndsu's defense is stout. They are well coached, and just flat out mean. No way in hell can cat fans or eagle fans pound there chests when both of those defenses made both the offenses look spectacular. Was it fun to watch? I'll leave that up to interpretation but I firmly believe UM will lick their wounds and be a better team for it. We held a premier offense to 22 points. An offense that runs like "clock work." I have no doubt in my mind that neither msu nor ewu will find it easy going against us. With that said can the Griz coach up this offensive line? Some on here say yes some say we just don't have the players. Time will tell I guess. I do think its funny how cat and eagle fans feel it necessary to come over here and talk isht. Conference play starts now and yesterday made us a better team. :thumb:

bigkid said:
Good grief! I watched the msu/ewu game after dinner last night and the word that came to mind is time. Both qb's could have had coffee while assessing the field. No pressure by either teams defense. Notta, none,zero. Had JJ had even half that time we probably would have faired a little better. He never had the luxury of letting plays develop. As I admit it has some to do about our lack of line play but ndsu's defense is stout. They are well coached, and just flat out mean. No way in hell can cat fans or eagle fans pound there chests when both of those defenses made both the offenses look spectacular. Was it fun to watch? I'll leave that up to interpretation but I firmly believe UM will lick their wounds and be a better team for it. We held a premier offense to 22 points. An offense that runs like "clock work." I have no doubt in my mind that neither msu nor ewu will find it easy going against us. With that said can the Griz coach up this offensive line? Some on here say yes some say we just don't have the players. Time will tell I guess. I do think its funny how cat and eagle fans feel it necessary to come over here and talk isht. Conference play starts now and yesterday made us a better team. :thumb:

this. :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
Catsrback76 said:
PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:

You can't, you won't!

How many games do just defenses play the entire game? If you know of one upcoming featuring UM/MSU and UM/EWU, you might be right but UM's D would have to score some points without its offense ever playing.

havgrizfan said:
see what i mean. first cat fan to respond has ZERO objectivity while this griz fan has done nothing put praise msu's performance all night long? so i'm guessing the cats would beat iowa state too???

I didn't see the griz game. But looking at the score, it seems to me the griz played well. Fargo is a hell of a hard place to pick up a road win. No smack talk from this Cat fan.

Jerry Punch said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrback76 said:
PlayerRep said:

You can't, you won't!

How many games do just defenses play the entire game? If you know of one upcoming featuring UM/MSU and UM/EWU, you might be right but UM's D would have to score some points without its offense ever playing.

Its more of how the Defense played...bend don't break defense..it was very nice...I would love to see EWY or MSU beat anyone just kicking field goals...and the way your defense plays...youd need about 15 field goals to win a game!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Jerry Punch said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrback76 said:

You can't, you won't!

Its more of how the Defense played...bend don't break defense..it was very nice...I would love to see EWY or MSU beat anyone just kicking field goals...and the way your defense plays...youd need about 15 field goals to win a game!

That is probably true when you are playing the #26 rated Scoring offense, not so much if the team isn't in the top 50. 4 or 5 field goals might be fine.

...didn't care..still don't...
...tuned in cat's up by 10...
...made this comment out loud...
...e w gets 50 and vernon will burn'm...

... :cool: ...

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Jerry Punch said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrback76 said:

You can't, you won't!

You guys just keep your heads in the sand, and pretend that there isn't a pretty damn good team in Bozeman this year. Offense and defense. You'll find out soon enough. I also think it's going to be funny when your team faces a high scoring offense, you give up a bunch of points, then all start freaking out on the board, as happens every year.

poorgriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Jerry Punch said:
PlayerRep said:

You guys just keep your heads in the sand, and pretend that there isn't a pretty damn good team in Bozeman this year. Offense and defense. You'll find out soon enough. I also think it's going to be funny when your team faces a high scoring offense, you give up a bunch of points, then all start freaking out on the board, as happens every year.

Bwa ha ha ha. Oh God you kill me. Your screen name should be Little Boy Who Cries Wolf. How the hell many times do we have to hear it out of can't fans. This is the year, this is the year. No really, this is the year. Are you gonna make it to the semis this year? You just lost to EWU at HOME and you are worried about the Griz. Talk about envy. Seriously, evaluate the situation, take a deep breath, get Ash a juice box and then pray to God you don't actually have to play a tough defense until the Brawl. At least then you can keep your pipe dream alive.

After re-watching EWU - msu game. They both have good offense and fair to poor defense.

I think we have a damn good chance of beating both. In fact it is fact that we beat them. Yeah just fact!

Copper Griz said:
... This is the year, this is the year. No really, this is the year. Are you gonna make it to the semis this year? You just lost to EWU at HOME and you are worried about the Griz. ...
Fortunately for the kitties, and unfortunately for the Eags, by the magic (stupidity) of an unbalanced conference structure -- if I'm not mistaken, the game does not count in the conference standings.

IdaGriz01 said:
Copper Griz said:
... This is the year, this is the year. No really, this is the year. Are you gonna make it to the semis this year? You just lost to EWU at HOME and you are worried about the Griz. ...
Fortunately for the kitties, and unfortunately for the Eags, by the magic (stupidity) of an unbalanced conference structure -- if I'm not mistaken, the game does not count in the conference standings.

Doesn't count towards who gets the auto-bid, but could have big implications around selection time and in terms of seeds.

MSU coming within 1 pt of EWU won't matter AT ALL if the Cats lose 2 more games. They will be a bubble team then, and seeding won't be an issue. No matter how well the Cats played against EWU, it's AN L, just like the Griz also have two L's. The FCS selection committee doesn't do BCS type style points. Jim O'Day has been very very clear on that and he sat on the committee for a long time.

NOW, having said that, Bobcat posters don't need to jump down my throat. I have posted plenty of complimentary things about Prukop, Knight, Cramsey, Ash and MSU in recent days. I'm very impressed with what MSU is doing offensively right now, and I'm in no way saying the Cats WILL lose 2 or 3 more games. ONE, on Nov. 21, of course I believe that. That's not smack, that's me being the fan of my team.

However, the fact is, the Cats and Griz both posted two losses in non-conference play, and unless either one of them wins the auto-bid, it means they have left themselves little margin for error, and that a one-point loss to EWU won't mean a whole lot if the Cats put themselves on the wrong side of that margin by losing a couple more games.

poorgriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Jerry Punch said:
PlayerRep said:

Holy hell, most of us have admitted your team is good. We also say that it has a real deficiency (as does Ewoo's). Why doesn't that make sense to you?

The only thing I'm sure of is the Fargodome is a morgue compared to WaGriz or Bobcat stadium. What a dump!!!

Back