• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU @ MSU game thread

bigsky33 said:
No the Cats went for 2 after the first touchdown using the swinging gate. The holder Greibel is a transfer option QB from the Air Force Academy and former player of the year in HS in Colorado. He plays slot receiver now and holds for extra points and field goals. So he is a threat and has been successful pretty often. I think the Cats werejust being aggressive.
went for 2 after the SECOND touchdown

EverettGriz said:
Two great offenses.

Two RIDICULOUSLY BAD defenses.
When you play them and us, you will see. The defenses are not that bad. The offenses are really good. If you can't step up on offense it will be a long day.

bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:
Two great offenses.

When you play them and us, you will see. The defenses are not that bad. The offenses are really good. If you can't step up on offense it will be a long day.
I disagree. Both defenses are mediocre at best.

nzone said:
bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:
Two great offenses.

Neither are as bad as this game made them look.

bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:
Two great offenses.

The defenses ARE that bad.

We'll be fine. But yes, you're correct about it being a long day, since ewoooo hasn't played a game under 4 1/2 hours all season. And after the game against you, we'll have to stick around for some time after as our team carries the Divide Trophy around the stadium.

nzone said:
bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:
Two great offenses.

The MSU and EWU fan bases have to be worrying about their defenses every bit as much as we are worrying about our offense. Montana is not even close to having a playoff caliber offense. EWU and MSU are just as far away of having playoff caliber defenses. I actually think MSU is slightly better on defense than EWU.

The Big Sky does not have one team that has sold me as a title contender so far this season. Do we have a few teams capable of getting there? Yes, but every team has glaring weaknesses that need a lot of improving to be a title contender. The good news is, NDSU is not as dominating and is likely to lose a game or 2 this season. I don't see them going unbeaten in their conference play. With that said, I am not sure which team will beat them though.

EWURanger29 said:
nzone said:
bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:
Two great offenses.

Perhaps not Ranger. But your D also looked terrible against Washington. Granted, they're a Pac12 team, but they aren't exactly lighting the world on fire offensively against anyone else, including Hawaii and Ga State (Udub can thank their punt returner for that win). I believe they had 4 first downs in the first half against Ga State. And your D was also suspect against what we now know is a horrible SHSU team.

You have to be concerned, no?

EverettGriz said:
EWURanger29 said:
nzone said:
bigsky33 said:

Perhaps not Ranger. But your D also looked terrible against Washington. Granted, they're a Pac12 team, but they aren't exactly lighting the world on fire offensively against anyone else, including Hawaii and Ga State (Udub can thank their punt returner for that win). I believe they had 4 first downs in the first half against Ga State. And your D was also suspect against what we now know is a horrible SHSU team.

You have to be concerned, no?

Um...no.

Eastern was a play away from the chipper the last two years, with a bad defense. The defense may not be better this year but the offense is. MSU is really good and may not lose another regular season game ...

Easterns only loss was to an undefeated pac12 team who they scored 50+ against. Eastern gets a nice break in the schedule for a few weeks and things are all good...

I say this with a preface: I'm extremely impressed with Dakota Prukop and the new-look MSU offense. It's balls to the walls, run a ton of plays and go fast as hell. And the dudes making plays for the Cats, Prukop, Knight, Kafell, and the other little really fast receiver, ARE YOUNG. That offense is going to continue to get better and better and be very special. No question about it.

But anyone who thinks Montana State won't lose another game until the playoffs is INSANE. :shock:

havgrizfan said:
I say this with a preface: I'm extremely impressed with Dakota Prukop and the new-look MSU offense. It's balls to the walls, run a ton of plays and go fast as hell. And the dudes making plays for the Cats, Prukop, Knight, Kafell, and the other little really fast receiver, ARE YOUNG. That offense is going to continue to get better and better and be very special. No question about it.

But anyone who thinks Montana State won't lose another game until the playoffs is INSANE. :shock:

IMO they are better than the Griz right now...

Looking at their schedule they really only have two tough games left, at sac, at Griz. Time will tell how good they really are but they are a lot better than they get credit for on here.

Marceagle, your hatred for all things Griz apparently clouds your ability to READ. I'm pretty certain, in several posts in this thread, I've give MSU a TON OF CREDIT. But that's just me. Having said that, your are aware that the Montana Grizzlies and Montana State Bobcats have a 115-year football rivalry going? Correct? It's been written about in books, it's been talked about on sports talk shows, it's had documentaries made about. Lou Holtz has a line he uses in his motivational speeches to corporate execs about the Cat-Griz rivalry. I'm assuming you're well aware of at least some of that? So why would you expect the Montana Grizzly fan message board to be filled with praise for Montana State??? Just because I can be objective and give MSU credit from time to time, doesn't mean a fan base with as much contempt for the other should.

And oh by the way, you're really ripping on Egriz for NOT giving the Cats enough credit?? I see you posting on BN, JOINING in all the ripping on the Griz going on over there, EVEN THOUGH, the Cats don't play the Griz UNTIL Nov. 21.

havgrizfan said:
Marceagle, your hatred for all things Griz apparently clouds your ability to READ. I'm pretty certain, in several posts in this thread, I've give MSU a TON OF CREDIT. But that's just me. Having said that, your are aware that the Montana Grizzlies and Montana State Bobcats have a 115-year football rivalry going? Correct? It's been written about in books, it's been talked about on sports talk shows, it's had documentaries made about. Lou Holtz has a line he uses in his motivational speeches to corporate execs about the Cat-Griz rivalry. I'm assuming you're well aware of at least some of that? So why would you expect the Montana Grizzly fan message board to be filled with praise for Montana State??? Just because I can be objective and give MSU credit from time to time, doesn't mean a fan base with as much contempt for the other should.

And oh by the way, you're really ripping on Egriz for NOT giving the Cats enough credit?? I see you posting on BN, JOINING in all the ripping on the Griz going on over there, EVEN THOUGH, the Cats don't play the Griz UNTIL Nov. 21.

I rarely rip the Griz on here I respect both montana schools. Just put in my 2 cents. How in the world am I ripping egriz when all I said was MSU is better than they get credit for on here. It's an opinion not an insult

Probably bad timing as emotions are running high after the Griz loss today...

I think the Griz have a solid team and the makings of a good one...good luck in conference we will see ya in november

nzone said:
bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:
Two great offenses.

From BN:

Re: Official MSU Bobcat- EWU game thread
Postby Colter_Nuanez on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:10 pm

I've covered 54 'Cat games live now, including 39 wins and today was the single best effort and performance I've seen Montana State give. Don't read into the stats defensively. MSU played excellent situational defense and executed their game-plan incredibly well. They harassed Vernon Adams all day, sacked him three times, hurried him half a dozen other times, picked him off twice and didn't let him get in a rhythm until late. The offense moved the ball at will, hit big plays, short plays, long plays, clutch plays. I've never been much one for thinking a team can achieve a moral victory, but this was the first game, win or loss, I came away not wondering what MSU's players or coaches could have done better. There's plays they could have made, penalties that could have gone another way, a multitude of things, but Montana State performed to almost it's maximum capacity for the talent they have at their disposal this afternoon.

And on top of those 54 Cat games I've covered, I've probably watched 100 more Big Sky football games over the last 20 years and I'll tell you, that was the single most competitive, entertaining Big Sky regular-season football game I've ever watched in person. What an effort by both teams.

This about sums it up. MSU D is legit, they gave us significant issues all game long. It looks like the D is awful for both sides, but that's just the hater colored glasses talking. The truth is that the offense for both EWU and MSU is that good. The games will speak for themselves over the next 8 weeks.

Chester Cheetah said:
bigsky33 said:
No the Cats went for 2 after the first touchdown using the swinging gate. The holder Greibel is a transfer option QB from the Air Force Academy and former player of the year in HS in Colorado. He plays slot receiver now and holds for extra points and field goals. So he is a threat and has been successful pretty often. I think the Cats werejust being aggressive.
went for 2 after the SECOND touchdown

Yes, I'm wrong and this is right.

EverettGriz said:
Yep. Both offenses are good.

Both defenses are putrid.

Facts don't lie.

This is also true. The last time I remember Eastern's defense look this bad was at the end of 2009, when we gave up 44 points to a Stephen F. Austin team that you guys beat in the next round of the playoffs something like 143-0. If I remember right, they turned it over like 35 times that day.

LMAO, the logic of some kill me. EWU and MSU played a HISTORIC game in Bozeman today. AN EPIC CLASSIC. Hats off to both of them, yet the resident Bobcat and Eagle fans couldn't WAIT to rush here and tell us all how bad the Griz suck. They couldn't WAIT to rush in here and tell us all that BECAUSE EWU hung 50 on Washington, the Griz have no chance since they only scored 10 today. AND BECAUSE EWU hung 50 on Washington, and the Cats put up 50 on EWU (which I'm very impressed BTW), there's NO WAY THE GRIZ D could possibly be for real, and the Cats are going to hang at least 60 on us in Wash-Griz. The "our other opponent is better than your other opponent" logic is hilarious. But what's even MORE hilarious is, it ALMOST NEVER works when it comes to Cat fans and Eag fans hating on the Griz. It isn't that Montana just held an NDSU team to 12 points LESS than Iowa State did, IN AMES IN FRONT OF A RABID CYCLONE CROWD. Or it isn't that Montana only scored four LESS points on the Bizon D than a Big 12 team did Saturday, instead, it's "The Griz suck and they are in big trouble and even INcarnate Word would have given them a game today." It's funny how the "our other opponent" speak is ONLY A ONE-WAY STREET :thumb:

And oh by the way, while I haven't seen many Egrizzers making excuses tonight, instead, they are just disappointed and have even more respect for NDSU, how bout this little gem from BN tonight.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

havgrizfan said:
LMAO, the logic of some kill me. EWU and MSU played a HISTORIC game in Bozeman today. AN EPIC CLASSIC. Hats off to both of them, yet the resident Bobcat and Eagle fans couldn't WAIT to rush here and tell us all how bad the Griz suck. They couldn't WAIT to rush in here and tell us all that BECAUSE EWU hung 50 on Washington, the Griz have no chance since they only scored 10 today. AND BECAUSE EWU hung 50 on Washington, and the Cats put up 50 on EWU (which I'm very impressed BTW), there's NO WAY THE GRIZ D could possibly be for real, and the Cats are going to hang at least 60 on us in Wash-Griz. The "our other opponent is better than your other opponent" logic is hilarious. But what's even MORE hilarious is, it ALMOST NEVER works when it comes to Cat fans and Eag fans hating on the Griz. It isn't that Montana just held an NDSU team to 12 points LESS than Iowa State did, IN AMES IN FRONT OF A RABID CYCLONE CROWD. Or it isn't that Montana only scored four LESS points on the Bizon D than a Big 12 team did Saturday, instead, it's "The Griz suck and they are in big trouble and even INcarnate Word would have given them a game today." It's funny how the "our other opponent" speak is ONLY A ONE-WAY STREET :thumb:

And oh by the way, while I haven't seen many Egrizzers making excuses tonight, instead, they are just disappointed and have even more respect for NDSU, how bout this little gem from BN tonight.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Griz would have beaten both EWU and the Cats today, because the Griz D would have shut down both teams.

Back