• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU/SHSU game thread

With all due respect, does anyone else get the sense that they're watching a Frontier League game? It's not just the "inferno" either. Both these teams just seem to be missing something. Timing? SHSU quarterback is terrible. it's early in the season but it's like were watching a spring scrimmage.

I'm getting really sick of listening to the guys talk about FBS stuff. They are hardly even paying attention to the game.

thank god cowherd left. annoying as usual. like others have said, the qb's and secondary for both teams are pretty lousy today. I dont see any fire from the eags.

I really hope that we get the FCS kickoff game in Missoula next year against NDSU... The lack of atmosphere at EWU makes it feel like a high school game and not a college game.

Ursa Major said:
With all due respect, does anyone else get the sense that they're watching a Frontier League game? It's not just the "inferno" either. Both these teams just seem to be missing something. Timing? SHSU quarterback is terrible. it's early in the season but it's like were watching a spring scrimmage.
Yes, Very true.

Ursa Major said:

Yeah it is off for sure. EWU is not looking as good as they did last year even. There is a noticeable drop in WR except for Kupp. The defense isn't looking that great for either team. SHSU QB is horrible and that is the only reason that SHSU is not on top by a large margin. Seen way to many wide open recivers missed by the QB. If this is how EWU defense is going to play pass coverage then JJ and PSU Kieran McDonagh will tear them apart. Looks Like SHSU has had some success finding a way to hold Shoota back though. Prevent him from scrambling to the right side and keep him off balance. But overall not impressed with either team.

Ursa Major said:
They're missing a week of practice. NCAA wouldn't allow them to start fall camp early to accommodate the game.

get'em_griz said:
I really hope that we get the FCS kickoff game in Missoula next year against NDSU... The lack of atmosphere at EWU makes it feel like a high school game and not a college game.

For sure! I watched the HS game between Hoover Al. Vs. Miami Central just before this game and it was about as exciting atmosphere wise.

Back