• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Explaining My Position on Coach Stitt

Here's a little Gem by one of Growler's screen names I totally forgot about: LOL. Notice too buddy you say nothing about player behavior. You talk about, what else, being pedestrian and slipping into your favorite word, mediocrity. lol

How quickly the years pass

Report this post

Postby Seattle Griz Fan » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:23 pm
From 1995 to 2005, the great UM football program played for the national championship 5 times, winning 2. For that decade, we could expect to play for all the marbles in 50% of the seasons.

However, it is very apparent to this poster that the expectations of that decade have been forgotten by the faithful. In their place, it has become routine to hear "wait until next year". How quickly the senses are dulled by the dumbing-down of once-lofty expectations....only to be replaced by complacency, acceptance in "playing hard but coming up short", "we were beat by a better team", or, "we'll get 'em next time".

Where is the accountability? Where is the insistance to provide an on-field product as entertaining to watch as that which we became accustomed to for so many seasons?

Do not allow the Bobby-n-Robby show to dull your expectations. You would never have put up with the offense we have been forced to endure from Bobby/Rob if Mick Dennehy would have force-fed it to you in 1996, just one season after Papa left. Why do you tolerate it now?

I speak to all of you supposed "good fans".....you know, the ones who fall asleep at night feeling comfy because that have joined the lemming march to oblivion by agreeing with the other "good fans" in Griz land? Very low-risk....easy to fit in with the good guys, right?

Are these self-appointed "good fans" representing your true feelings about this coaching staff, about this pedestrian offense, about our continued inability to win the big game any longer, even with the huge home-field Wash/Griz advantage?

To me, any fan who accepts what is going on with Grizzly football since Bobby Hauck took over is not a "good fan" at all. In fact, these fans are contributing to the slow erosion of this once-dominant football program. Sometimes, what seems right on the surface, can come back to bite one squarely in the arse! Complacency is the bane of excellence. You "good fans", with your "we'll get 'em next season" attitude are contributing to the demise of the Grizzly powerhouse.

We used to be among the BIG THREE in IAA football, along with Georgia Southern and Youngstown State. Now, we routinely underperform our pre-season rankings, routinely lose at home in the playoffs, and have been annual pretenders for the coveted National Championship.

I ask you, Greg, to look into the mirror, oh "good fan" that you are. For your complacency is a statement against excellence. Your complacency is far worse than those of us who refuse to put up with this dumbing-down of Grizzly football.

Thank goodness Atlanta has come to grace us with his "position" on Stitt. I was losing sleep waiting for him to make some sort of statement!

havgrizfan said:
Wolfman, I didn't suggest you were Ronbo, I was just wondering what happened to him.

Went off the rails a bit with trying to push buying gold and silver coins on here. Sold his house in Missoula and moved to Oregon.

havgrizfan said:
Here's a little Gem by one of Growler's screen names I totally forgot about: LOL. Notice too buddy you say nothing about player behavior. You talk about, what else, being pedestrian and slipping into your favorite word, mediocrity. lol

Report this post

From 1995 to 2005, the great UM football program played for the national championship 5 times, winning 2. For that decade, we could expect to play for all the marbles in 50% of the seasons.

However, it is very apparent to this poster that the expectations of that decade have been forgotten by the faithful. In their place, it has become routine to hear "wait until next year". How quickly the senses are dulled by the dumbing-down of once-lofty expectations....only to be replaced by complacency, acceptance in "playing hard but coming up short", "we were beat by a better team", or, "we'll get 'em next time".

Where is the accountability? Where is the insistance to provide an on-field product as entertaining to watch as that which we became accustomed to for so many seasons?

Do not allow the Bobby-n-Robby show to dull your expectations. You would never have put up with the offense we have been forced to endure from Bobby/Rob if Mick Dennehy would have force-fed it to you in 1996, just one season after Papa left. Why do you tolerate it now?

I speak to all of you supposed "good fans".....you know, the ones who fall asleep at night feeling comfy because that have joined the lemming march to oblivion by agreeing with the other "good fans" in Griz land? Very low-risk....easy to fit in with the good guys, right?

Are these self-appointed "good fans" representing your true feelings about this coaching staff, about this pedestrian offense, about our continued inability to win the big game any longer, even with the huge home-field Wash/Griz advantage?

To me, any fan who accepts what is going on with Grizzly football since Bobby Hauck took over is not a "good fan" at all. In fact, these fans are contributing to the slow erosion of this once-dominant football program. Sometimes, what seems right on the surface, can come back to bite one squarely in the arse! Complacency is the bane of excellence. You "good fans", with your "we'll get 'em next season" attitude are contributing to the demise of the Grizzly powerhouse.

We used to be among the BIG THREE in IAA football, along with Georgia Southern and Youngstown State. Now, we routinely underperform our pre-season rankings, routinely lose at home in the playoffs, and have been annual pretenders for the coveted National Championship.

I ask you, Greg, to look into the mirror, oh "good fan" that you are. For your complacency is a statement against excellence. Your complacency is far worse than those of us who refuse to put up with this dumbing-down of Grizzly football.

Accurate post at the time it was made. You obsession with me is duly-noted. That's what happens when you are constantly owner by another poster.

BWahlberg said:
Thank goodness Atlanta has come to grace us with his "position" on Stitt. I was losing sleep waiting for him to make some sort of statement!

Just like we all lose sleep waiting for your next expert position analysis. You know, the ones where every roster player is an All-American in-waiting?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
havgrizfan said:

Report this post

Accurate post at the time it was made. You obsession with me is duly-noted. That's what happens when you are constantly owner by another poster.

I own you and you know it. The post wasn't accurate at all. You said playing for the all marbles 50 percent of the time would never happen anymore under this "regime". The Griz went on to play in back-to-back chippers less in just two years after your "accurate post".

Ursa Major said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Ursa Major said:
grizfan406 said:
Certainly lots of hype on Stitt so far. I'm willing to see how this season shakes out. God it would be great to win an outright Big Sky title again. Made difficult by our large conference. So far I am excited about our recruits and our class of 2017. I think he is a great recruiter even if a the scats have gotten a few commits lately.

I didn't love Delaney but understood that he was a band-aid to a wounded program. As a huge fan I am not satisfied with mediocrity or participation trophies. Considering everything that happened and the loss of scholarships I think we weathered the storm ok. Certainly not the dominating team I am accustomed to nor expect.

For now I am high on Stitt and am buying what he is selling. However, Big Sky title this year and a deepish playoff run. Nats within 3 years... Improvement every year... Definitely.
Good post 406 but i would refer you to the eGriz Rules thread. Under Rule 12 (B), subsection 6, it clearly reads:

Rule 12 (B) 6.: When a poster refers to the Delaney Era, by direct name or reference, s/he will henceforth include at least one, preferably two, nautical analogies in that post

Common Delaney Era nautical phrases include: Righted the ship; Manned the helm; Led us adrift; Fouled the anchor; and, Kept a steady hand on the helm.

Thank you and please make a note of it.
Growler era "knuckled the transom"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My personal favorites from the Growler era: All hands Growlers, Fouled the finger; Rotted Stem; Aft bailer; and Explorer of the poop deck.

My all time favorite is "The Rear Admiral."

I actually climbed down a ladder to come and write this. :roll:

Ursa Major said:
Ursa Major said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Ursa Major said:
Good post 406 but i would refer you to the eGriz Rules thread. Under Rule 12 (B), subsection 6, it clearly reads:

Common Delaney Era nautical phrases include: Righted the ship; Manned the helm; Led us adrift; Fouled the anchor; and, Kept a steady hand on the helm.

Growler era "knuckled the transom"

My personal favorites from the Growler era: All hands Growlers, Fouled the finger; Rotted Stem; Aft bailer; and Explorer of the poop deck.

My all time favorite is "The Rear Admiral."

I actually climbed down a ladder to come and write this. :roll:
Was the ship he was on called the USS Brownstain?

Ursa Major said:
grizfan406 said:
Certainly lots of hype on Stitt so far. I'm willing to see how this season shakes out. God it would be great to win an outright Big Sky title again. Made difficult by our large conference. So far I am excited about our recruits and our class of 2017. I think he is a great recruiter even if a the scats have gotten a few commits lately.

I didn't love Delaney but understood that he was a band-aid to a wounded program. As a huge fan I am not satisfied with mediocrity or participation trophies. Considering everything that happened and the loss of scholarships I think we weathered the storm ok. Certainly not the dominating team I am accustomed to nor expect.

For now I am high on Stitt and am buying what he is selling. However, Big Sky title this year and a deepish playoff run. Nats within 3 years... Improvement every year... Definitely.

Rule 12 (B) 6.: When a poster refers to the Delaney Era, by direct name or reference, s/he will henceforth include at least one, preferably two, nautical analogies in that post

Great post Ursa. You forgot "went down with the ship". Certainly a brutal few years....

Once again, if you block the carnies like "Atlanta Griz 1" or "Alphagriz1" or some of the Cat trolls, this thing can be about football. Including pedestrian football which would technically be any rushing play.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
SoldierGriz said:
My only problem with your position on Coach Stitt is that it is ill-timed in my opinion.

If you were laying out your position after 3-4 seasons, and the Griz had gone one-and-done in the playoffs for those seasons - I would understand. But, he has had one season - A season with high-highs (NDSU win), and some low-lows (home loss to Weber). It was a season where he was forced to cycle through QBs. The season was very complex for these reasons and many others that we all know.

I'm giving Stitt the benefit of any doubt right now. I feel good about what he is doing. I'm going to enjoy the ride and not wringing my hands about it....you should try it, it's liberating.

You make a valid point about the QB injuries, but then NDSU had their 2nd round NFL QB injured for several games, and still beat the horse piss out of their opponents. That's why I am willing to give Stitt one more season before I close the book on his abilities to be more than a very average Div. II football coach.

And no, there is no way I am willing to give Stitt 3-4 years to prove his ability.
What happens if he doesn't prove it to you? More shitposting about the good ol' days and how we shouldn't expect anything less than a national championship? Since we've had so many of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brew, Egriz is all he's got. The threat of taking his statues he donated, not being a fan anymore, those things have never worked for him. O'Day didn't care what he thinks, neither does Kent. His "friends" who he won't name don't have any power with the university or its football program either. Unfortunately, WE are all Wolfman has. We're stuck with him because he has no other avenue, and honestly, I'm OK with that because if my university ever started listening to him, or his "friends" I'd be pretty worried.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
To the mods, please look back over this thread and make note of who talked football, and who hijacked the thread with immature name calling, ass-digging posts. It should be very apparent in who knows football, who talks football, and who is a hack.

The mods have noted that havgriz owned you again and you have no refute.

MrTitleist said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
To the mods, please look back over this thread and make note of who talked football, and who hijacked the thread with immature name calling, ass-digging posts. It should be very apparent in who knows football, who talks football, and who is a hack.

He will go far south for a picking, just watch. We are talking deep south. Deep.

havgrizfan said:
Brew, Egriz is all he's got. The threat of taking his statues he donated, not being a fan anymore, those things have never worked for him. O'Day didn't care what he thinks, neither does Kent. His "friends" who he won't name don't have any power with the university or its football program either. Unfortunately, WE are all Wolfman has. We're stuck with him because he has no other avenue, and honestly, I'm OK with that because if my university ever started listening to him, or his "friends" I'd be pretty worried.

Hilarious! :jack: :loser: :loser:

Bloomberg75 said:
Did any actually waste any time reading about ATL thoughts on Stitt?

Let me summarize. He expects Stitt to take a team that was 5-6 just two years ago, that has the worst offensive line we've had in a decade (his words), no running backs (his words), a horrible offensive scheme (his words), and a QB that will probably be replaced by game 3 (his words) and no quality receivers (his words) and make a deep run in the playoffs in just his second year or the coach should be fired.

MrTitleist said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

You wouldn't know anything about owning. You think your a big shot mod, getting your jollies throwing your weight around for no other reason that you bolster your extremely fragile ego. Does it make you feel important with your volunteer job? :lol:

Atlanta Griz1 said:
MrTitleist said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

You wouldn't know anything about owning. You think your a big shot mod, getting your jollies throwing your weight around for no other reason that you bolster your extremely fragile ego. Does it make you feel important with your volunteer job? :lol:

You're*

Back