• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS msu bobcat mascot comes out of the closet

Paytonlives

Staff member
Champ showed up at the Igbt parade in Helena with a gay pride tutu!!

You can’t make a his crap up.

5b25970268212.image.jpg

Look I don’t care who jumps in bed with who. I just find it hard to believe that a college would sanction this. I bet a million dollars they would not ok champ going to a NRA March

Look, it's great PR for a campus that has traditionally, been viewed as "less progressive" than UM. I hate to say it, but it looks like another good move from msu as far as PR and exposure. Wish UM would get out to the public (outside of Missoula) more. Getting your name and brand out and about is part of the recruiting battle; and in 2018, making your presence known at a rally like this is a huge way to get interest from potential students. The University of Montana needs to step up in this area.

Paytonlives said:
Look I don’t care who jumps in bed with who. I just find it hard to believe that a college would sanction this. I bet a million dollars they would not ok champ going to a NRA March

Again. Would msu be ok with their mascot going to a NRA March or right to life March?

They are on a slippery slope by doing this. The mascot is a symbol of the school not a political being.

Maybe the human inside the mascot is gay or whatever. March on your own time not as a symbol of the school

Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:

Again. Would msu be ok with their mascot going to a NRA March or right to live March.

They are on a slippery slope by doing this. The mascot is a symbol of the school not a political being.

Maybe the human inside the mascot is gay or whatever. March on your own time not as a symbol of the school

I see what you are saying, MSU turned down a lot of money from Gianforte to build a new building because of the backlash from groups like the LGBT. Maybe this is a show of solidarity after that?...

SACCAT66 said:
Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:

Again. Would msu be ok with their mascot going to a NRA March or right to live March.

I see what you are saying, MSU turned down a lot of money from Gianforte to build a new building because of the backlash from groups like the LGBT. Maybe this is a show of solidarity after that?...

I guess I didn't realize they had turned down that money. Not sure how I missed that news.

Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:

Again. Would msu be ok with their mascot going to a NRA March or right to life March?

I think its safe to say most prospective students would be more on the side of Gay rights rather than the NRA in this day and age. Thats the generation that were supposed to be recruiting to come to our university....something that MSU is currently kicking our ass in.

I dont see anything but positive in this photo.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:

I think its safe to say most prospective students would be more on the side of Gay rights rather than the NRA in this day and age. Thats the generation that were supposed to be recruiting to come to our university....something that MSU is currently kicking our ass in.

I dont see anything but positive in this photo.

I agree other than it did rain on their parade.

signedbewildered said:
SACCAT66 said:
Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:

I guess I didn't realize they had turned down that money. Not sure how I missed that news.

I could be wrong on that, they may have taken the money and just not named it after him...I know it was a big deal a couple years ago.

SACCAT66 said:
signedbewildered said:
SACCAT66 said:
Paytonlives said:

I could be wrong on that, they may have taken the money and just not named it after him...I know it was a big deal a couple years ago.

Well the Board of Regents I believe eventually voted to end the practice of naming buildings or programs after politicians but MSU was happy to take the money with the stipulation the remodeled building be named after Gianforte.

I'm with Payton on this one. It doesn't do any good to get in the middle of heated political things at this point. When you say it's the group we are trying to recruit, you mean LGBT (so 4% of the population) or just those that sympathize with the groups? I think any time you get into political debates like this, only crap can happen. Certainly same with NRA rally, abortion clinic protest, pro life rally, etc. I love that the mascot is out promoting...think that's great, and wish the University would do more so there were less bobcat sightings. I just think this is a slippery slope to avoid, whatever your views are on this or any politicized subject. Could you imagine Monte in Texas supporting the "Build the Wall" group? or Kneeling during the Anthem? I think neither one of those things would be appropriate, again, no matter your stance. Mascots are mascots of an entire university and should not be sanctioned at controversial/political events.

Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:

not the same thing. at all.

marching for human rights and inclusion is not the same as marching for or against gun control or abortion. this is only political if you choose it to be. saying that the school shouldn't be supportive of efforts to move towards inclusion of all people is the same as saying the school shouldn't be supportive of efforts to end racism.

Back