• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fields is done in Bozo

bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
Be proud of your fellow menatal midget 10-15 posters!

Is that a male midget who can give birth? I can assure you that 10-15 would be a disproportionate number for this message board. We might have three, at most.

"menatal". Clearly not a state ag grad. I believe it's a term used in animal husbandry though. If you must troll, at least finish your degree program. Start with the English class you dropped.

LongTimeCatFan said:
jodcon said:
The difference...our enrollment will eventually rebound, Cat sports...maybe not.

Ha! Not unless the basis for the economy drastically changes from science and technology.

Not unless the recruitment and marketing strategies at UM changes drastically.

Not unless UM does more to expand their offerings in the health care field.

And Neither of the last two are going to happen with the current administration.

Cat Sports? If UM crumbles under its own weight, it's a definite absolute.

So LTCF you are saying as long as oil stays above $50 per barrel, coal is the major source of energy, large scale agriculture is essential and UM doesn't focus on Medical MSU will dominate and UM will be left behind?

uh oh?
-1x-1.png

oh man!
6c4ac6b16dbc48eb2a5f4cec51b8b8c3.png

are you kidding me?
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/24/vertical-farming-the-next-big-thing-for-food-and-tech.html

shit. Probably better start on the re-purposing plan for the campus in Bozeman
http://missoulian.com/news/local/um-president-gives-raise-to-scholarship-announces-new-initiative-in/article_1ec62e94-d898-53d7-800e-c1b19966289b.html

At his update, the president announced the launch of UM Health and Medicine, an initiative that aims to nurture the "amazing array" of biomedical and health care research and clinical applications taking place on campus.

He said a group on campus came together to work on the effort, and its members are coordinating UM's work in health and medicine across campus, from education, humanities and sciences, and other disciplines, with a goal in mind: "We're going to make this a hallmark of the University of Montana."

Think when all those MSU grads come to UM with their re-training money they will switch over to being Griz fans?

Grizbeer said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
jodcon said:
The difference...our enrollment will eventually rebound, Cat sports...maybe not.

Ha! Not unless the basis for the economy drastically changes from science and technology.

Not unless the recruitment and marketing strategies at UM changes drastically.

Not unless UM does more to expand their offerings in the health care field.

And Neither of the last two are going to happen with the current administration.

Cat Sports? If UM crumbles under its own weight, it's a definite absolute.

So LTCF you are saying as long as oil stays above $50 per barrel, coal is the major source of energy, large scale agriculture is essential and UM doesn't focus on Medical MSU will dominate and UM will be left behind?

uh oh?
-1x-1.png

oh man!
6c4ac6b16dbc48eb2a5f4cec51b8b8c3.png

are you kidding me?
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/24/vertical-farming-the-next-big-thing-for-food-and-tech.html

shit. Probably better start on the re-purposing plan for the campus in Bozeman
http://missoulian.com/news/local/um-president-gives-raise-to-scholarship-announces-new-initiative-in/article_1ec62e94-d898-53d7-800e-c1b19966289b.html

At his update, the president announced the launch of UM Health and Medicine, an initiative that aims to nurture the "amazing array" of biomedical and health care research and clinical applications taking place on campus.

He said a group on campus came together to work on the effort, and its members are coordinating UM's work in health and medicine across campus, from education, humanities and sciences, and other disciplines, with a goal in mind: "We're going to make this a hallmark of the University of Montana."

Think when all those MSU grads come to UM with their re-training money they will switch over to being Griz fans?

When the Saudi's realize that we really don't care what they do and that they're cutting their own throat, fossil fuel prices will go back up. Probably sooner rather than later. So I'm not concerned about that. I know you guys dabble in the communications technology field, but ya got to expand that. Oh and nice little expansion in the health care field. I had no idea. Must be because it's not being marketed all that well. :shrug:

I said the same thing when UM was absolutely destroying msu in enrollment figures: Don't get overly excited and over-hire, because the good times ain't rollin' forever. And trust me, they won't at msu either, and all that money that Cruzado is throwing at recruiting and eliminating from the academic programs may have just as well been flushed down the toilet. Or I suppose she could save a step and simply go behind their "stadium" and simply toss millions into the shit pond.

EverettGriz said:
I said the same thing when UM was absolutely destroying msu in enrollment figures: Don't get overly excited and over-hire, because the good times ain't rollin' forever. And trust me, they won't at msu either, and all that money that Cruzado is throwing at recruiting and eliminating from the academic programs may have just as well been flushed down the toilet. Or I suppose she could save a step and simply go behind their "stadium" and simply toss millions into the shit pond.

But at the same time, MSU has received some HUGE academic donations over the past 2-3 years.

25 million from Jake Jabbs (like to thank his daughter for that one....) for the business college

50 Million from Norm Asbjornson for engineering

6 Million from Tim Barnard for the "South Campus project" and Engineering.

EverettGriz said:
Yes, and good on 'em. UM has also had 3 straight years of record private donations.

To what? I know you guys do great with private Donations to the athletic department, and I will admit, I don't follow the academic side of UM very closely ( ever since my cousins and friend graduated years ago). But what money is coming in for the academic side? Sure, the Champions center and athletics studies building are great for the athletic department, but how much does that do for the rest of the school. MSU has 5 new academic buildings going up, not to mention a brand new "Hospitality" degree will now be offered.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:
Yes, and good on 'em. UM has also had 3 straight years of record private donations.

To what? I know you guys do great with private Donations to the athletic department, and I will admit, I don't follow the academic side of UM very closely ( ever since my cousins and friend graduated years ago). But what money is coming in for the academic side? Sure, the Champions center and athletics studies building are great for the athletic department, but how much does that do for the rest of the school. MSU has 5 new academic buildings going up, not to mention a brand new "Hospitality" degree will now be offered.
Great! Cat fans could certainly use a lesson in "hospitality"

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

Anything and Everything:

http://www.supportum.org/newsandinformation/News%20Releases/July%2022,%202015.php

And two terrific alumni just donated $2,000,000 to the SOBA this week.

http://www.supportum.org/

Regarding new building, UM went through that phase recently as well. Many, many new buildings on campus

EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

Anything and Everything:

http://www.supportum.org/newsandinformation/News%20Releases/July%2022,%202015.php

And two terrific alumni just donated $1,000,000 to the SOBA this week.

There you go, I didn't know about any of those except for the 7 million for athletics.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

Anything and Everything:

And two terrific alumni just donated $1,000,000 to the SOBA this week.

There you go, I didn't know about any of those except for the 7 million for athletics.

:thumb: Can't believe everything you read on bcn (or from the Engstrom haters).

EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

Anything and Everything:

Regarding new building, UM went through that phase recently as well. Many, many new buildings on campus

That's great and all, but we're talking about a $350 million campaign, not a $1 million donation.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

Did the MSU faculty Senate reverse themselves on the Hopitality Management degree? They voted it down in October, I didn't know if it got brought back up? In any event I think this would be a long shot for the Board of Regents to approve even if the MSU Fac Senate approves it. It would require adding a Culinary Arts program to Gallatin College, plus new programs and facilities for MSU Campus. Meanwhile the Missoula College already has a culinary Arts program and plenty of room currently for more students on the main campus. If the Board of Regents does allow this program to go through it will be proof positive that Regents are trying to kill UM by adding a program at MSU/Gallatin College that directly competes with UM/Missoula College.

LongTimeCatFan said:
EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

Anything and Everything:

That's great and all, but we're talking about a $350 million campaign, not a $1 million donation.

Yeah. You do realize that universities go through capital campaigns every handful of years. Right?? That those are distinct from regular fund-raising/donations?

They don't do that every year. UM had a large capital campaign five or six years ago, and it's safe to say that if planning isn't already in the works for the next one, it will be quite soon.

EverettGriz said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

Anything and Everything:

Yeah. You do realize that universities go through capital campaigns every handful of years. Right?? That those are distinct from regular fund-raising/donations?

They don't do that every year. UM had a large capital campaign five or six years ago, and it's safe to say that if planning isn't already in the works for the next one, it will be quite soon.

I don't think I knew that. I'm just a dumbass cat though so I probably don't know anything.

SACCAT66 said:
MSU has 5 new academic buildings going up, not to mention a brand new "Hospitality" degree will now be offered.
There was always a "Hospitality" Degree offered in Bozeman, it was just informal and no one ever actually got a degree.

info said:
I wish I would've never started this thread...

Think of it as a learning, something you can fall back on when you're tempted to lose consciousness again. :thumb:

Grizbeer said:
SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

Did the MSU faculty Senate reverse themselves on the Hopitality Management degree? They voted it down in October, I didn't know if it got brought back up? In any event I think this would be a long shot for the Board of Regents to approve even if the MSU Fac Senate approves it. It would require adding a Culinary Arts program to Gallatin College, plus new programs and facilities for MSU Campus. Meanwhile the Missoula College already has a culinary Arts program and plenty of room currently for more students on the main campus. If the Board of Regents does allow this program to go through it will be proof positive that Regents are trying to kill UM by adding a program at MSU/Gallatin College that directly competes with UM/Missoula College.

You mean you have tourists that visit Missoula? That's a surprise.

Grizbeer said:
SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

Reversed it yesterday...

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/montana_state_university/msu-faculty-welcomes-hospitality-degree/article_af751d0b-2423-5631-a51a-b5b612fab52b.html/?utm_content=buffercf569&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Back