• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

First Time Since 2002

Player, you should drop it. I knew a small handful (minority) of boosters and former players who were unsure about Stitt when he was hired. Now I don't know any. All of them that I know are excited and on-board the Stitt Express. You best get on too because you're about the last one still standing at the train station. Maybe, just maybe, you're not as plugged in as you've led yourself to believe.

Go Griz!

firmgriz said:
Player, you should drop it. I knew a small handful (minority) of boosters and former players who were unsure about Stitt when he was hired. Now I don't know any. All of them that I know are excited and on-board the Stitt Express. You best get on too because you're about the last one still standing at the train station. Maybe, just maybe, you're not as plugged in as you've led yourself to believe.

Go Griz!

He better hurry!

catch-the-train.jpg

PlayARaPe will never publicly acknowledge he is on the Stitt bandwagon but like 420 said he will be the first to tell you he was after Stitt wins a NC. It will be very similar to the way he spins his "I didnt make a bet" comments when everyone knows he did and didnt pay them off when he lost.

ie Lulay Loophole and the Spsyk sidestep of 2014

PlayerRep said:
mtgrizrule said:
Umista said:
I always thought of Alpha as leaning towards an off shoot Baptist ministry. Now that he has abandoned his fat Mexican girl I see a "NEW" Alpha coming around stomping on his old leanings and becoming downright prosaic.

A "NEW" Alpha could remove philosophical skepticism. I see a new Football Team Coming!

Could it be possible? Alpha and PR actually on the same page.

No way, don't see Alpha allowing for that ever. Egriz would become much too boring.

Most of egriz as well as certain others may be excited about Stitt, but many of the big supporters and multiple former playrers seem to be taking a wait-and-see attitude.

There's no way he's worse than Delaney. Delaney was out-coached in every game that mattered during his tenure, except maybe Cat Griz last year. But I'm more so chalking that up to the players.

A kind and honorable man, a great leader, and individual he was, but not a great coach.

firmgriz said:

Go Griz!

You obviously don't know the people I know. I know how they view the situation. I'm glad those people you knew have now dropped you. Ha. Actually, I am sure I am more plugged in, including with Stitt, than all or most of you. I was involved in providing information indirectly to him, and did, over 3 weeks before he was hired.

firmgriz said:

Go Griz!

Everyone without the initials "PR" has known this for years. Lately, however, it's become so obvious it's laughable.

PlayerRep said:
You obviously don't know the people I know. I know how they view the situation. I'm glad those people you knew have now dropped you. Ha. Actually, I am sure I am more plugged in, including with Stitt, than all or most of you. I was involved in providing information indirectly to him, and did, over 3 weeks before he was hired.

Wow! Can I touch you?

I didnt realize this until today, but this place needs a LOT more AG1.............its embarrassing what has happened to it since we left last year.

I am consulting with the others and we are sure that something can be arranged in order for all of you to get your DRAG. (Daily Recommended AG)

You ask, you shall receive.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I didnt realize this until today, but this place needs a LOT more AG1.............its embarrassing what has happened to it since we left last year.

I am consulting with the others and we are sure that something can be arranged in order for all of you to get your DRAG. (Daily Recommended AG)

You ask, you shall receive.

I agree :thumb: we also need someone here to anchor PRs head to this planet on a continual basis. AG seems like the man for that job....and if not we at least know it will be entertaining.
From what Ive heard is that AG has been closer to PR and more in the loop than any of us will ever know....in fact he was part of the process in informing PR of the process to get information to Stitt before he was hired. A super Deepthroat character if you will.

Fushiznitz said:
PlayerRep said:

Wow! Can I touch you?

Philistine, you kiss the ring.

Just when I think PR might not be ---you know, he comes out with this. Not a writer but pompous comes to mind.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I am truly excited about Griz football:

Just like the first time you kill an Elk
Like a month of not hearing from meth dealing, commuter college drop outs from Cheney
Like the last week before spring ball starts
Like buying another new handgun to add to the collection
Like 2 years into a new decade long "streak" against the cats
Like the first time you drop the panties on the new girl you are with that week

Yeah that kind of excitement, new year, new players, new parents, new blood, new scheme, new realistic expectations.

Excited

It makes me want to sing!!

I'll give you Stitt sensations up and down your spine
If you're into cat bashing you're a friend of mine
See my white light flashing as I split the night
Cause if cats are on the left,
Then I'm stickin' to the right

Griz won't take no prisoners, won't spare no 9 lives
No cat's puttin' up a fight
We got the bell, Griz gonna take you to hell
Griz gonna get you, Stitt got you

Stitt Sells
You got me yelling Stitt Sells
My temperature's high, Stitt Sells
You were pretty excited about the finish of that 2002 season - losing three out of the last four? A departing lame duck coach who refused to play his best QB....

One of things I learned over the years, including from Alpha, is how to make comments that designed to fire up some of you. Alpha is the king of Living in Your Heads, but he's not the only one. Thanks for playing.

I've been a fan of Stitt for awhile. He's an innovator and a very good offensive mind. I like that other teams, even at the highest level of football emulate him. To me, that says a lot.

There have been some concerns about his record at Mines, but I think that is unfair considering he was very limited in the athletes he could recruit. Mines is a very tough school and really only draws interest from those seeking a career in engineering. That makes for a very small talent pool to choose from. In addition, these guys had very demanding academic schedules. We aren't talking about guys who take 9 credits of communications classes. He got a lot out of the players he was able to get and built a winning program, with less athletic albeit smarter athletes.

He also had a big disadvantage in only having a short time to recruit this year and signed a strong class on paper.

He is a different coach and was probably not the "safe" choice, which scares some people, but I think he'll do great things here. He is at a different level, football acumen wise, than other HCs in the BSC.

BWahlberg said:
Does anyone else imagine Alpha singing "for the first time in forever" about this?
I always picture LTCF singing "Let it Go" from late November through the New Year.

Ursa Major said:
BWahlberg said:
Does anyone else imagine Alpha singing "for the first time in forever" about this?
I always picture LTCF singing "Let it Go" from late November through the New Year.

Strange. I always picture LTCF singing "Baby got back" over roughly that same time-frame. I know, doesn't make a lick of sense...

Back