• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Five Players You Expect to Step Up This Spring

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
We currently do not have five players on our roster that are capable of stepping up.

We might have 5 that are capable of playing better than the average talent ahead of them. Face it we only have a few guys that are better than average and no depth behind the starters at most positions.

This is why we are not an elite program in the FCS anymore, why Ewu beats us and NDSU takes everybody behind the wood shed.

Deal with the facts

Keep preaching! I totally agree.. We are just an average FCS team these days. Do you think getting back 4 scholarships will help in the future?

CDAGRIZ said:
Pflug. Dude is smart as shit.
A lot of people forget that, myself included. With the head his shoulders he could be just what Stitt wants in a QB. I'd still like to see him redshirted though, let him watch and study the new offense for a year and THEN come in and turn some heads in 2016.

grizcountry420 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
We currently do not have five players on our roster that are capable of stepping up.

We might have 5 that are capable of playing better than the average talent ahead of them. Face it we only have a few guys that are better than average and no depth behind the starters at most positions.

This is why we are not an elite program in the FCS anymore, why Ewu beats us and NDSU takes everybody behind the wood shed.

Deal with the facts

Keep preaching! I totally agree.. We are just an average FCS team these days. Do you think getting back 4 scholarships will help in the future?

With this staff, maybe but we were going downhill long before we got reduced schollies..........

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Deal with the facts

"The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet." Lao-tzu.

For those who don't read Chinese philosophers, the journey can only begin where you stand." #dealingwithit

Don't make me go medieval on your asses.

bgbigdog said:
AZGrizFan said:
Big G said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well, if we want to experience success this year we'd better have 5 from the following group step up:

Safety:
Jake Delasarra
Markell Sanders
Eric Johnson

QB:
Chad Chalich
Eric Prater
Makena Simis

DL:
Caleb Kidder
Josh Harris
Nate Bradley
Derek Crittenden

RB:
Treshawn Favors
Joey Counts
Lorenzo Logwood

O-Line:
Clint LaRowe
Ben Weyer
Max Kelly
Robert Luke

The op said 5 players not 17, jeez play fair

I'm an overachiever. What can I say?

Gun to your head, figuratively, who are the five?

Rasmussen
Prater
Bradley
Favors
Luke

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Deal with the facts

Jesus H. Christ you're a stick in the mud. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Markell Sanders, Derek Crittenden, Caleb Kidder, Marq Rogers are the top 4 I am pretty confident in stepping up.

The GRIZ need a QB, HB/RB, and Safety need a multiple players to step up for depth. Right now, those positions are crap shoots going into spring drills. These positions to me will be the most competitive for playing time battles.
At QB, I feel Chalich will emerge.
Safety- Eric Johnson
RB- Counts

bgbigdog said:
AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
Chase Naccarato A shifty slot receiver with wheels...wants to impress after the injury year!
Joey Counts A beast at RB. Hints of Dan Moore this year!
Ellis Henderson Has a lot to prove to only himself! A human highlight film!
Caleb Kidder Up and coming star! wants to be the leader!
Tyrone Holmes He will shine at times like Wags and Biermann, yes Biermann!
while I'd like to see Holmes shine, I fear that the lack of a dominant DE on the other side is going to make him the focal point and his production may actually go DOWN.

Not lining up against SEC or B10 tackles guys. Crittenden isn't Wags, but he will more than hold his own. I'd also bet that there are one or two that haven't gotten a lot of press that will step in and help keep the line moving.
Ryan Johnson is a Jr that will finnaly get some decent playing time this year. He was an amazing three sport athlete in high school and last year in spring and fall showed glimpses but come the regular season, PT wasn't there. If Mike Ralston makes the switch, he'll also make an impact. Some RSFr that could make a splash are Kole Swartz and Evan Miksch. Jessie Simms could possibly play too but he should RS with Addison Owen also taking playing time off the bench.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Deal with the facts
I'm actually going to agree with you on one point here. We certainly don't have the caliber of talent that we did 4-8 years ago with Hauck. BUT, I feel like the effects of the diminished talent have been amplified by the struggles at offensive line. I think that once that is mended then EVEN YOU will have to admit that our players at skill positions will not be too far from where we need them to be to make deep playoff runs.

I think with some work at the OL and a RB stepping up, we are gonna be a tough team. Assuming our defense continues to play well.

So you are saying that having a good OL will mask our talent shortfalls at other positions (RB)..........................I can somewhat agree with that.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
So you are saying that having a good OL will mask our talent shortfalls at other positions (RB)..........................I can somewhat agree with that.
I'm saying that the OL is the last place you want to have talent shortfalls, that makes everyone look bad. But essentially, yes we are on the same page.

brewskis said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I'm saying that the OL is the last place you want to have talent shortfalls, that makes everyone look bad. But essentially, yes we are on the same page.

By the time 8/29 rolls around, there won't be a lack of talent @ RB. :coffee:

Back