• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Football players leaving this Winter/Spring/Summer (15)

bgbigdog said:
AZGrizFan said:
i_the_sky said:
Expected the patsies to leave! When you go from a patty cake, finesse brand of football to a physical game where everyone is held accountable you have turnover! The end result will be a bigger, faster, more physical football team . Which by the way will be a consistent winner! Which do you prefer? I'm loving what I see! The weak are being culled out and the ones tough enough to stay will reap the benefits! Gresch is a prime example. Reese stayed with a broken leg knowing he could never compete for playing time again. One bit of competition and Gresch packs his bags and quits. I wouldn't be surprised that he and Stitt have been planning this from the minute Stitt was canned! Birds of a feather**********Anyway we got to move forward, with the plan. RTD!
Go Griz! Football is not for the weak of heart! You 'll see impatient fans quitting too. Who cares,Again the strong will survive!!!
RTD!
Go Griz!

NikeGrizz said:
Ashton Torres is no longer w the program

That sucks! Didn't his father used to post here quite a bit? They seemed to love the Griz. I hope the kid has a bright future somewhere

Just saw the Aston post on FB. I can't see where it's been independently verified. Just a post from a Griz fan using "Word on the street". I don't see anything on Twitter.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Just saw the Aston post on FB. I can't see where it's been independently verified. Just a post from a Griz fan using "Word on the street". I don't see anything on Twitter.

He wasn’t around for spring ball...

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Heard some chatter about this the last few weeks. It boils down to Sneed is Bobby's guy, and after going through Spring ball, Gresch saw the writing on the wall and wants to go somewhere that he will be the guy. I can't fault him for that in the least. This is just another case where a new coaching staff comes in with plans and some kids leave that don't feel like they fit. Sure it sucks, but people will just have to get over it.

Rest assured I will rip the scab off at every single interception, sack, or loss with Sneed at the helm. :D :D :D

How did you handle the high number of interceptions and losses with GJ?

IntuitiveGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Heard some chatter about this the last few weeks. It boils down to Sneed is Bobby's guy, and after going through Spring ball, Gresch saw the writing on the wall and wants to go somewhere that he will be the guy. I can't fault him for that in the least. This is just another case where a new coaching staff comes in with plans and some kids leave that don't feel like they fit. Sure it sucks, but people will just have to get over it.

Rest assured I will rip the scab off at every single interception, sack, or loss with Sneed at the helm. :D :D :D

As a freshman, Baker Mayfield threw 9 interceptions to go with his 12 touchdowns...Jensen had 10 and 20

rgrizfan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

As a freshman, Baker Mayfield threw 9 interceptions to go with his 12 touchdowns...Jensen had 10 and 20

Now I am upset...who knew they let the next Baker Mayfield leave.

HelenaHandBasket said:
rgrizfan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Now I am upset...who knew they let the next Baker Mayfield leave.

WRONG!!! Baker went to Oklahoma...GJ is going to OK STATE! Please, get that right.

Paytonlives said:
QB- Gresch Jensen
QB- Nate Dick (Transferred to Rocky to be closer to home)
RB- Cody McCombs (Family issue- Transfer to Rocky)
OL- Payton Stoner (Transfer to Golden West college)
OL- Ashton Torres

LB- Kendall Sweet
CB- Markell Sanders (injury?)
S- Isiahia Banks (Unhappy w/ school choice)

Thats a lot of transfers. GoEags!

BigSkyChamp said:
Paytonlives said:
QB- Gresch Jensen
QB- Nate Dick (Transferred to Rocky to be closer to home)
RB- Cody McCombs (Family issue- Transfer to Rocky)
OL- Payton Stoner (Transfer to Golden West college)
OL- Ashton Torres

LB- Kendall Sweet
CB- Markell Sanders (injury?)
S- Isiahia Banks (Unhappy w/ school choice)

Thats a lot of transfers. GoEags!

Not when there’s a coaching change.

Wasn't Torres one of our highest rated OL recruits? Isn't he the kid who Montana helped when his apartment burned or something like that? Anyone know why he left the program after saying how much he owed UM for helping the family during their time of need? Not sure he is the same player, but I thought so. Big loss to the OL if so.

4theluvofgriz said:
Wasn't Torres one of our highest rated OL recruits? Isn't he the kid who Montana helped when his apartment burned or something like that? Anyone know why he left the program after saying how much he owed UM for helping the family during their time of need? Not sure he is the same player, but I thought so. Big loss to the OL if so.

Highly touted OL recruit yes, but not the lineman who suffered a home loss from fire. That was Angel Villanueva and he will be back as the lone returning starter.

Back