• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FWIW...........

Cat fans idiotically attempting to find ways to discredit Griz WINS :lol:
Guys, I think we are starting to get things back to normal around here... :thumb:

Guys back down a bit. Poorboy was only responding to Allweather's comment about the Griz needing to win tight games like they did under Hauck. He is right we did win a lot of tight games in 2013. But I think Allweather was referring to the we are going to win "no matter what attitude" that Hack's teams played with.

AllWeatherFan said:
7-5 is entirely possible with our road schedule
But MickyD said, “For whatever reason, [the griz] played very well on the road since [he's] been here [and they are] a real solid road team.”

We are 63% on the road since he has been here. Wouldn't that be a D minus? Is barely passing the same as "real solid"? Not only were those road wins over bad teams (Weber, UNC, UND, UCD, SuckSt, SD, MSU) but some grizzly magic was needed too. Our record against "good" teams must be "real solid" too.

I guess that with great age comes a great disconnect?

grizfan95 said:
EverettGriz said:
MrTitleist said:
Potomac Griz said:
Which game besides against NDSU and Wyoming do they think the Griz will lose to make us 2-3?

Central Washington was a 7-4 D2 team. I don't see us losing to them at home.
South Dakota was 4-8 last year. Do they think we lose to them at home?
Northern Colorado... :lol: No.

The same South Dakota team that it took us a stripped fumble return in the final minutes to win that game....

Kickoff return. The stripped fumble return happened earlier.

Not much earlier.

Excellent points, if things hadn't happened the way they happened we would have lost that game. It's a good thing that they happened the way they happened so we won. :lol:

FWIW I think Alpha got his info from this guy:

SNL_1640_09_Update_2_Anthony_Crispino_Second_Hand_News.png

AllWeatherFan said:
7-5 is entirely possible with our road schedule, but I am hoping the ball bounces in our direction a little more often this season. Let's face it, Bobby Hauck got lucky more than once while he was here - it's time for some good Grizzly fortune in 2014.

Well, tough schedule or not, any team that goes 1-5 on the road doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

NativeGriz said:
poorgriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
7-5 is entirely possible with our road schedule, but I am hoping the ball bounces in our direction a little more often this season. Let's face it, Bobby Hauck got lucky more than once while he was here - it's time for some good Grizzly fortune in 2014.

WTF are you talking about? If I remember correctly you pulled AT LEAST three W's straight out of your asses last season?
That is true. Actually the cats were one of the very few dominating victories we had last year. But it is also true, Hauck had his team playing with a swagger where they never doubted victory despite close game.

It was 21-14 with 3 minutes left in the game, I wouldn't call that dominating imho. Domination is what EWU did to the cats!

I think it is far more relevant that Alpha was invited (or did he sneak in) to speak at a football camp in Eastern Montana.
The so called opinion of the experts is simply an opinion.....no money involved.....perhaps politics......alcohol influnced? -------- Hot and dry climate might have created such a poll.
In any event ol Alpha is still a good guy in that he blasts most of us and is considerd dangerous.
Hell, we may lose all but one game! So what?
I really took it that Alpha does not think we will go all the way this year. Simple as that.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Attended a football camp this past week (Eastern MT) and gave "a speech about life after football...? to the kids that attended.

You might as well have dazzled the kiddies with a speech about global warming /aka climate change...cuz THERE IS NO LIFE AFTER FOOTBALL! :coffee:

havgrizfan said:
Alaska, great post. You said it. Jordan Tripp TOLD the coaches to let him move to the other side of the line and said he WOULD block the kick against Poly. They told him go for it, and he went out and did EXACTLY what he told the coaches he would do. Poorgriz knows damn well that ISN'T luck. That is a player executing exactly what he said he was capable of doing. And poorgriz would be the first to laud an MSU player for that exact same thing. Then, JJ taking the team 90 yards to tie the game wasn't luck either, it was actually a really good QB executing the 2-minute offense to near perfection, just like I'm sure Denarius McGhee has done for MSU a few times, and poorgriz wouldn't call that luck either. Ellis Henderson returning the kickoff against South Dakota wasn't luck either. Ellis Henderson is one of the best kick returners in the country and he knew he could break one open, just like I'm positive that poorgriz wouldn't consider Shawn Johnson's punt return for a TD against the Griz last November luck either. Instead, he would say "Shawn John is one of the best kick returners in the FCS" which indeed he is! Alaska is right, and poorgriz and everyone who thinks the Griz got lucky, or pulled one out of their asses, at least in the two examples I gave, are wrong. The Griz executed when they had to to win those games. PERIOD. And I would say that about Montana State or any other team that did those things in the same situations.

Point is, poorgriz lets fan biased get in the way of rational thought. A lot of MSU posters on here do, and to be fair, so do ALOT of Egrizzers when it comes to talking about the Cats.

Good post. Good teams with winning traditions and good leadership find ways to win tough games, and they will more tough and close games than other teams. UM teams in the last 15 or so years have generally found ways to win games. Look at the S. Dak. St. game in the playoffs when UM was down big. The likes of poorgriz would call that luck, I suppose. The '12 season without JJ was an exception. Instead of finding ways to win, UM found ways to lose in a few games. My high school coach was big on the phrase: "The harder we work; the luckier we get." Teams that have worked hard and believe they can and will win games, and have some good leaders and/or playmakers, will often find ways to win. poorgriz obviously never played the game, at least at any decent level, so he wouldn't know this. As a result, he makes his mark being a troll on an opposing team's message board.

Umista said:
I think it is far more relevant that Alpha was invited (or did he sneak in) to speak at a football camp in Eastern Montana.
The so called opinion of the experts is simply an opinion.....no money involved.....perhaps politics......alcohol influnced? -------- Hot and dry climate might have created such a poll.
In any event ol Alpha is still a good guy in that he blasts most of us and is considerd dangerous.
I really took it that Alpha does not think we will go all the way this year. Simple as that.

You don't need to be Alpha to figure out that the Griz aren't "going all the way" this season.
Let's just see if they can win the BSC for a change.

CV Griz Fan said:
Umista said:

You don't need to be Alpha to figure out that the Griz aren't "going all the way" this season.

Heck yeah!! How long has it been?

grizcountry420 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Umista said:

Last time the Griz won the Big Sky was back in 2011, but since we technically had the title vacated, we haven't won the BSC since 2009... Has it really been 5 years since? :shock:

get'em_griz said:
grizcountry420 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Umista said:

Last time the Griz won the Big Sky was back in 2011, but since we technically had the title vacated, we haven't won the BSC since 2009... Has it really been 5 years since? :shock:

Way too long man.. It's getting old.

I don't agree that the Griz can't or won't go all the way this year. It's possible. They have a very special qb. I would put JJ right next to the great UM qb's, including DD. No one will supplant DD, but I think JJ deserves a seat with him at a very small table. And I agree that the Griz could be 7-5. Very tough schedule. My view is that UM will end up better than 7-5 and will be in the playoffs.

And just for the record, I support and root for the Griz and want them to be great. I'm not like some posters, who seem to want the Griz to do poorly, so that their negative predictions can come true.

garizzalies said:
AllWeatherFan said:
7-5 is entirely possible with our road schedule
But MickyD said, “For whatever reason, [the griz] played very well on the road since [he's] been here [and they are] a real solid road team.”

We are 63% on the road since he has been here. Wouldn't that be a D minus? Is barely passing the same as "real solid"? Not only were those road wins over bad teams (Weber, UNC, UND, UCD, SuckSt, SD, MSU) but some grizzly magic was needed too. Our record against "good" teams must be "real solid" too.

I guess that with great age comes a great disconnect?
Mickey D has "been here" meaning on the staff, since 2008. That's what he is talking about genius.

Oh, okay. I thought he was implying that he had something to do with the "real solid" road record. Thanks for correcting me.

The point is, that is an asinine comment to make when we are facing possibly the toughest road schedule in our history. He needs to take a page outta papa bear's book and learn some coach speak.

garizzalies said:
Oh, okay. I thought he was implying that he had something to do with the "real solid" road record. Thanks for correcting me.

The point is, that is an asinine comment to make when we are facing possibly the toughest road schedule in our history. He needs to take a page outta papa bear's book and learn some coach speak.

One page?

How about he reads the book and gets back to us with a book report?

Back