• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good acting, bad reffing

EverettGriz said:
mcg said:
ilovethecats said:
grizindabox said:
Actually the Cats declined the penalty since it was like 4th and 20....but if you take another look at the play, you will clearly see that the Griz defender actually got fingers on the punt....so it should never have been flagged anyway....
which isn't surprising. something just HAS to be done about the level of incompetence displayed by big sky officials. do they have weekly reviews? are they graded? are there ever suspensions or terminations? honestly, I swear I see better officiating every weekend at the high school level. I wish I had a better understanding on the expectations and consequences for these guys because it really appears to me that there is nothing keeping them from botching call after call.

I think the problem is that there is a shortage of good, qualified officials. I suspect that if you are a good BSC ref, it isn't long before the Mountain West and Pac 12 come calling with a much better deal.

And you don't have to go to places like Greeley.

So even the REFS wish we'd move up! :lol: :lol:

PlayerRep said:
The roughing call was a botched call, but I didn't think the overall reffing was bad in the game. There were a few other calls that I noticed, but they went against both teams about evenly. I suppose Lider's rolling around was a bit much, but kickers fake getting hit all the time.

Mentioned this in another thread, appropriate here also:

I was fine with the flop, but initially felt a bit uneasy about carrying on so dramatically with the injury.

But upon further thought, it is probably wise to play the whole thing out all the way to the recesses of the bench once the flag is thrown.

If after the announcement of the penalty he sprung to his feet and trotted off, imagine the reaction and subsequent impartiality of the shown up referee.

mtgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
The roughing call was a botched call, but I didn't think the overall reffing was bad in the game. There were a few other calls that I noticed, but they went against both teams about evenly. I suppose Lider's rolling around was a bit much, but kickers fake getting hit all the time.

Mentioned this in another thread, appropriate here also:

I was fine with the flop, but initially felt a bit uneasy about carrying on so dramatically with the injury.

But upon further thought, it is probably wise to play the whole thing out all the way to the recesses of the bench once the flag is thrown.

If after the announcement of the penalty he sprung to his feet and trotted off, imagine the reaction and subsequent impartiality of the shown up referee.

I saw a soccer world cup qualifying match between the US and Honduras. Honduras was leading 1 - 0. Late in the game a Honduran player might have been fouled. He collapsed on the ground a writhed in pain. When the stretched crew came out and started to move him on to the stretcher he grimaced and yelled 'no'! They slowly eased him on to the stretcher and carried him off the field near the goal. The moment the stretcher crossed the goal line he jumped up, sprinted to the half line and asked the ref to let him back on. In soccer that's another day at the office and part of the way the game is played. He burned five minutes easy. Different game I guess.

Are you snorting that "sugar"? Great play by Lider! Helmet grazes his butt (or his towel) and he goes all Crouching Tiger and lands flat on his back. You can't coach that. It's JK Simmons quality acting. Now, the MSU punter was gonna act like he bobbled the snap and it really looked like he did too, about the time he got squashed for a 15 yard loss.

JayLarson said:
Lider was much better than an actor than Brekke who was playing dead at the goal line on a kickoff to try and fool the Griz.

Yeah. What was that? Ted "the Head" Dawson never called Brekke out for "bush league" play. Fair and balanced?

Hey we get to hear how smart those MSU engineering Cats are all of the time. Remember there is a reason the U of M has an acting school. I would definitely give Mr Lider an A for that performance.

Those who never played the game don't have any idea how painful it can be to take a shot directly to the hand warmer.

GrizBear said:
Those who never played the game don't have any idea how painful it can be to take a shot directly to the hand warmer.

Every time I read this I laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grisly Fan said:
Hey we get to hear how smart those MSU engineering Cats are all of the time. Remember there is a reason the U of M has an acting school. I would definitely give Mr Lider an A for that performance.

Chalk one up for the Iiberal arts nerds!

Bertram said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZp02eHzG1A[/youtube]

And the Academy Award for Best Actor goes to... Chris Lider! :clap:

12248215_950432638356594_1406931942786086500_o.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Acting? He has a giant bruise on his thigh. All from that nasty hit. He has been in treatment after the cat game. Most of you did not get to see the HIT! Limping around now, let's hope he is good to go this week!

I don't think this is funny at all, his helmet clearly grazed Lider's posterior and caused instant Proctalgia Fugax...I would rather take a helmet to the nuts than that.

I'd be surprised if he plays again this year, that Cat should have been thrown out of the league.

Back