• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gregorak throwing some shade on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 13!!!!! Come on guys, you're just getting warmed up. Let 'er rip!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFxmAdyKcg[/youtube]

I've met tye on several occasions. Great guy. Maybe he's on to something..Montana quit being Montana a few years back. Big,nasty, knarley offensive lineman, big bruising take charge running backs, big, fast, good handed receivers who ran excellent routes. Front seven on defense that controlled the line of scrimmage with a defensive backfield that were both good in run support and covered well not to mention smart well versed quarterback play. Sorry but what Stitt has brought to the field looks like a unprepared, sometimes unmotivated, and confused team.....especially on defense.
There is no question semores is tye's under study. What semores defense did during Griz-cat was embarrassing. Stitt's offense was schooled.

7-4...playoff bid...and beat the cats. MINIMUM :twisted:

Help finish the list
1. my place at the lake
2. just the other day I met with the coaching staff
3. obviously you never played

nzone said:
I've met tye on several occasions. Great guy. Maybe he's on to something..Montana quit being Montana a few years back. Big,nasty, knarley offensive lineman, big bruising take charge running backs, big, fast, good handed receivers who ran excellent routes. Front seven on defense that controlled the line of scrimmage with a defensive backfield that were both good in run support and covered well not to mention smart well versed quarterback play. Sorry but what Stitt has brought to the field looks like a unprepared, sometimes unmotivated, and confused team.....especially on defense.
There is no question semores is tye's under study. What semores defense did during Griz-cat was embarrassing. Stitt's offense was schooled.

I know a number of people who agree with you, and have wondered about many of those things myself, but I am still keeping an open and positive mind (not saying you aren't) and still believe there is a reasonable chance that Stitt et al can get it done on the field. Certainly not going to disagree with your post, tho. You and others with similar views may turn out to be right.

The last part of the season, especially the last 2 games, were truly unbelievable and a total collapse. There will be a lot of pressure on Stitt, and Haslam, next fall. And, Haslam is going to have to figure out with the negative financial impacts of the declining enrollment. That just has to be impacting the athletic budget fairly significantly, I would think. A declining budget will eventually impacted amounts that can be put into recruiting, coaches, etc. Losses on the field, like the end of last season, can impact the ability to raise funds to fill in the budget gaps.

The level of concern, anxiety and uncertainty is the highest it's been since I started following Griz football closely, about 25 years ago. On the other hand, a win over the Cats and a playoff birth, or 2 wins at the end of the season, would have made a huge difference in that regard. Of course, that didn't occur, and therein lies a good chunk of the problem.

I think a huge factor for UMs success this year will be the senior leadership throughout the spring and summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
PR's posts bring new meaning to the phrase "humble brag". A "visit to my cabin" here...a "golf outing with coach X" there.

KindOfABigDeal.jpg

....at the end of the day I'm just jealous. :party:

Neither humble or a brag. Just a fact. My friend Lisa Collins came too. Do you know the Choate's. Where did they meet? Where did she teach after college?

Vim, if you want to tangle with me, let me know. Would be happy to take you on. If you don't answer, then I will assume taking you on is the way you want to go.

Do you know ol' orange face?

donald_trump_photo_michael_stewartwireimage_gettyimages_169093538_croppedjpg.jpg

wbtfg said:
I think a huge factor for UMs success this year will be the senior leadership throughout the spring and summer.
As opposed to the 17 seniors we had last year?

PlayerRep said:
nzone said:
Sorry but what Stitt has brought to the field looks like a unprepared, sometimes unmotivated, and confused team.....especially on defense.
The last part of the season, especially the last 2 games, were truly unbelievable and a total collapse. There will be a lot of pressure on Stitt, and Haslam, next fall. And, Haslam is going to have to figure out with the negative financial impacts of the declining enrollment. That just has to be impacting the athletic budget fairly significantly, I would think. A declining budget will eventually impacted amounts that can be put into recruiting, coaches, etc. Losses on the field, like the end of last season, can impact the ability to raise funds to fill in the budget gaps.
Next year is likely to be a perfect storm on campus. The likely cuts in the higher education budget as a whole, plus UM's sudden need to downsize, quite dramatically because of accelerating student enrollment losses. Because downsizing is an inverse process, the highest paid faculty stay on, and so 5-6 adjuncts and two or more associate professors get cut to save the salary equivalent one full professor. That is, to achieve salary savings of 50%, faculty is not cut by 50%, faculty is cut by 70% (plus adm and support staff). Whole departments are going to be cut. The BOR simply waited too long. They kept paying for sunk costs and it sunk us.

So Haslam is going to be dealing with two budget crises: one likely to be inflicted by the State Budget (on all the schools) and the one inflicted by Engstrom's demolition of the University of Montana. And those are going to be the backdrops to the contract decision that needs to be made this Fall.

And the guy bragging pre-game about how he might not let up on poor Ty Gregorak after running up the score by 50 is going to have to figure out that after while, most people tire of big talk and bad results.

wbtfg said:

Having seniors for leadership is a plus no doubt, but that shouldn't the only leadership source. It's the redshirted kids & Stitts third year guys that will be the story.

bgbigdog said:
wbtfg said:

Having seniors for leadership is a plus no doubt. But it's the redshirted kids & Stitts second year guys that will be the story.

Talent and athletic wise, i could agree with that. Leadership wise, you need those 4th/5th years guys who the young guys look up to in the weight room, in the film room, in the huddle, etc.

UMGriz75 said:
PlayerRep said:
nzone said:
Sorry but what Stitt has brought to the field looks like a unprepared, sometimes unmotivated, and confused team.....especially on defense.
Next year is likely to be a perfect storm on campus. The likely cuts in the higher education budget as a whole, plus UM's sudden need to downsize, quite dramatically because of accelerating student enrollment losses. Because downsizing is an inverse process, the highest paid faculty stay on, and so 5-6 adjuncts and two or more associate professors get cut to save the salary equivalent one full professor. That is, to achieve salary savings of 50%, faculty is not cut by 50%, faculty is cut by 70% (plus adm and support staff). Whole departments are going to be cut. The BOR simply waited too long. They kept paying for sunk costs and it sunk us.

So Haslam is going to be dealing with two budget crises: one likely to be inflicted by the State Budget (on all the schools) and the one inflicted by Engstrom's demolition of the University of Montana. And those are going to be the backdrops to the contract decision that needs to be made this Fall.

And the guy bragging pre-game about how he might not let up on poor Ty Gregorak after running up the score by 50 is going to have to figure out that after while, most people tire of big talk and bad results.

And after all that...somehow one of the programs in Montana is making huge strides in facilities for their football program, and the other isn't.

Maybe the sky isnt falling in the athletic dept after all?

nzone said:

Have you looked at the young receivers on this team?

nzone said:

Preach!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
And after all that...somehow one of the programs in Montana is making huge strides in facilities for their football program, and the other isn't.

don't be so sure about that...

BadlandsGrizFan said:

Interesting how "fans" like you get it backwards. It isn't "after all that." That long term planning, fund-raising, construction came before the current "problems." So, correctly put, "before all that" Montana had great momentum.

Then, "after all that ...." is what actually happens now as the result of collapsing enrollment, the double-financial whammy of state budget cuts and UM internal budget cuts, combined with a collapsed football program.

If an AD has to cut "operations" by $3.2 million, what do you think gets cut? You have the hobson's choice of death by a thousand cuts across the board, or to try and achieve some big savings through shuttering non-essential facilities, and preserve as much as possible for team support. If things do get that dire -- and nobody ever thought the University of Montana would lose 55% of its freshmen enrollment in just seven years, or that it would have a 3-5 conference record and lose to the Cats -- think ... Champions Center. Then you'll understand what "after all that" actually means.

Haslam may or may not be a good or great AD, but I'd have a hard time finding one who has the prospects that he may likely have to face over the next year. Ty's tweet, as aggravating as it seemed to be to some, was perhaps a "handwriting on the wall" tweet. The new President is not likely to be an internal hire and will arrive with no ingrained loyalty to the football program. His or her problems will be much bigger.

UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Interesting how "fans" like you get it backwards. It isn't "after all that." That long term planning, fund-raising, construction came before the current "problems." So, correctly put, "before all that" Montana had great momentum.

Then, "after all that ...." is what actually happens now as the result of collapsing enrollment, the double-financial whammy of state budget cuts and UM internal budget cuts, combined with a collapsed football program.

If an AD has to cut "operations" by $3.2 million, what do you think gets cut? You have the hobson's choice of death by a thousand cuts across the board, or to try and achieve some big savings through shuttering non-essential facilities, and preserve as much as possible for team support. If things do get that dire -- and nobody ever thought the University of Montana would lose 55% of its freshmen enrollment in just seven years, or that it would have a 3-5 conference record and lose to the Cats -- think ... Champions Center. Then you'll understand what "after all that" actually means.

Haslam may or may not be a good or great AD, but I'd have a hard time finding one who has the prospects that he may likely have to face over the next year. Ty's tweet, as aggravating as it seemed to be to some, was perhaps a "handwriting on the wall" tweet. The new President is not likely to be an internal hire and will arrive with no ingrained loyalty to the football program. His or her problems will be much bigger.
:lol: "collapsed football program". That right there tells you all you need to know about the level of fan expectations for this program. 14 wins over the coach's first two years is "collapsed", whereas MSU's coach is crowing about a 4-7 season, simply because he caught lightening in a bottle and beat the cross-state rival (which happens about as often as Haley's comet returning). (and for the record, no I'm not happy about the performance last year, but I'd hardly describe the program as "collapsed", and see a pretty bright future ahead, actually).

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Champions Center funded by donations? Or was it only partially funded by donations?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
nzone said:

Have you looked at the young receivers on this team?

Or the FR, R-FR and R-SO O-linemen?

62 Dylan Eickmeyer R-Fr. OG 6-4 299 Tucson, Ariz. / Salpointe Catholic HS
67 Thayne Jackson R-Fr. OG 6-5 312 Gilbert, Ariz. / Gilbert HS
65 Cody Meyer R-So. OL 6-3 285 San Marcos, Calif. / San Marcos HS
74 Angel Villanueva R-So. OL 6-5 314 Duarte, Calif. / Duarte HS
77 Dallas Hart R-So. OL 6-5 312 Cypress, Calif. / Pacifica HS
TBD Skyler Martin Fr. OL 6-5 240 Vancouver, Wash. / Skyview
TBD Payton Stoner Fr. OL 6-6 275 San Diego, Calif. / Mt. Carmel
66 Ashton Torres R-Fr. OT 6-4 315 Aurora, Colo. / Cherokee Trail HS
73 Brandon Scott R-Fr. OT 6-7 320 Owasso, Okla. / Owasso HS
78 Conlan Beaver R-Fr. OT 6-5 276 Fredericksburg, Va. / Massaponax HS

And please, somebody tell me the last "big bruising RB" we had that both stayed healthy AND contributed. Hell, even Chase wasn't over 200.

AZGrizFan said:
And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Champions Center funded by donations? Or was it only partially funded by donations?
You don't know the difference between a capital budget and an operating budget.

AZGrizFan said:
(and for the record, no I'm not happy about the performance last year, but I'd hardly describe the program as "collapsed", and see a pretty bright future ahead, actually).
How did your predictions for this past season turn out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back