• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gregorak throwing some shade on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Well I guess I can say were lucky that achieving accomplishments in the real estate development sector doesn't also come with the caveat of having the backing of UM75
I'd love to trade insults with you, since that seems to your primary talent, but UM is at a crossroads, and these are going to be "interesting times." Ty's tweet seems to have suggested he sees something of that from his more distant vantage point.

Im not denying that some difficult budget situations are ahead, and happening. But when you play it up so hard, and run your mouth so frequently like you know everything that is happening with every aspect of the school, people start to call BS.

And what kind of response did you think you'd get from me? Doubting my credibility, all I said was that nothing I accomplish hinges on the approval from someone like you.

EverettGriz said:
UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I was asking a question because your statement didn't make it clear. Are you saying the BUILDING itself will be cut, or the OPERATION of the building won't be possible?
Well, once it's built, I don't think they'd tear it down. But, if cost savings can't be generated to offset unexpected revenue cuts, a draconian solution is to mothball the facility. We've never had to think in those terms before, but we've never been here before.

You are so full of shit.

I guess it's the new normal now, though. Say whatever you want loudly enough and claim alternative facts, and you'll get some measure of stupid people to believe you.

He is full of it on what? Can you clarify?

Are you saying that the athletic department isn't concerned about budget matters. Including the costs for operating facilities and the new performance center?

If the revenues go down, what will be cut? Especially if costs are going up? The enrollment decline is reducing state funding to UM significantly. Isn't it? Based primarily on per capita amount per student?

Everett, your buddy Engstrom has seriously damaged UM. 75, I and others have been saying that for several years. I started saying it immediately after the firings. And I had no idea then what would happen to enrollment. And I agree with 75.5 that Engstrom grossly mishandled the sexual assault stuff and that his actions and inactions significantly magnified the problem.

I "apologize", Ursa. I shouldn't be so "flippant" about the "crisis" we have "brewing", to the "point" where "UM" can no longer "afford" to pay a "light bill" on existing "buildings". How "silly" of me.

For what it's worth, eGriz has seemed to be in "death spiral" the last few days. I wonder "why"....

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I was asking a question because your statement didn't make it clear. Are you saying the BUILDING itself will be cut, or the OPERATION of the building won't be possible?
Well, once it's built, I don't think they'd tear it down. But, if cost savings can't be generated to offset unexpected revenue cuts, a draconian solution is to mothball the facility. We've never had to think in those terms before, but we've never been here before.

Not sure how that'd even be possible. It will contain ALL the locker rooms, the weight room, training rooms, offices, etc., etc. and the spaces that CURRENTLY contain those facilities are being repurposed for other things. I mean, those spaces won't exist anywhere else, so if we're going with draconian measures, I'm guessing they'd have to mothball something ELSE, or shut the football program down altogether. Howsabout we mothball the journalism building? They haven't turned out a decent product for 20 fucking years.

grizindabox said:
....all I am going.....to say.......is that there are......several posters that.......think they have it.......all figured out........but they are missing......or avoiding......or won't consider......several pieces to.....the puzzle........
"I told OJ.......you're breaking......the laws......of God......"

AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Not sure how that'd even be possible. It will contain ALL the locker rooms, the weight room, training rooms, offices, etc., etc. and the spaces that CURRENTLY contain those facilities are being repurposed for other things. I mean, those spaces won't exist anywhere else, so if we're going with draconian measures, I'm guessing they'd have to mothball something ELSE, or shut the football program down altogether. Howsabout we mothball the journalism building? They haven't turned out a decent product for 20 f***[*] years.

Good point regarding mothballing some academic buildings. I would mothball the academic center before the new weight room. Engstrom probably wouldn't have agreed.

As in business, the loss in revenue must be stopped....Now! If not, drastic measures must be made to cut expenses and some of those measures will not be appreciated by most Griz fans.

Ursa Major said:
What don't you get about "THE CRISIS", EG?

UM is in a "DEATH SPIRAL" and "DEEP DRACONIAN CUTS" will have to be made. I wouldn't be surprised that within the next 10 Years that the entire campus is razed and returned to farmland.

Wake the f*** UP, People!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
That's truly funny addressed to the biggest Engstrom fan, who lost 55% of freshmen enrollment in just seven years, who would be standing there in an empty campus in another ten years at the actual rate that Engstrom was going, shouting, "it wasn't a death spiral!" It sounds a lot like something Engstrom would actually say. :lol:

I think Ty's tweet signals he realization that he got by far the better of the deal.

AZGrizFan said:
Not sure how that'd even be possible. It will contain ALL the locker rooms, the weight room, training rooms, offices, etc., etc. and the spaces that CURRENTLY contain those facilities are being repurposed for other things. I mean, those spaces won't exist anywhere else, so if we're going with draconian measures, I'm guessing they'd have to mothball something ELSE, or shut the football program down altogether. Howsabout we mothball the journalism building? They haven't turned out a decent product for 20 f***[*] years.
You may be right, but timing may be the controlling factor. If the facilities haven't yet been repurposed ... well that become a genuine problem; and if budget cuts don't permit the repurposing, well, then the pencil guys have their work cut out. As noted, the Regents just figured this out in late November, and President Stearns has been no doubt wrestling with this the past nine weeks. And the Legislature is still in session. At the moment, the best case scenario isn't handsome, and the worst case scenario is much, much worse than it might have looked before the Freshmen numbers drop of 17%.

Wargame it: Champions Center is completed Fall Semester, 2017. None of the re-purposing will have begun, but the 2018 budget will be in place based on this Session's legislative appropriations, and based on this year's huge drop in enrollment. And Fall, 2017 is when the next "news" is going to be known about continuing enrollment trends. Another 17% drop? All bets are off at the University of Montana.

Paytonlives said:
Nice to see the rat pack is back together.

Please quit hijacking threads for your own personal shit show.

The shit show had already started. They were just a little late to he party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back