• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gresch Jensen from my perspective

rocklobster said:
PlayerRep said:
rocklobster said:
My point was that a strong arm does not always make a great QB!

Fine, but didn't anyone on the board ever say or insinuate that a strong arm would make a great qb.

What was your point about a 50% gunslinger?

Assume you know Phillips was 71% so far this year?

I know that! You PR put so much on arm strength! My point was directed at you! It's not all strength of the arm! The "50% gunslinger" was a comment about the QBs I mentioned. Sheesh! R-e-l-a-x.

No, I put nothing on arm strength. Zero. I just said Phillips could throw the ball farther.

Relax yourself, and read what I say more carefully so that you understand what I'm saying (if you are going to comment on it), and be more clear what you write. I merely asked 3 questions. No reasons for you to get defensive. I was literally trying to figure out what you were saying. Sheesh.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
grizcycling said:
PlayerRep said:
One, I haven't focused on Jensen, as I believed Phillips would be the qb this year, and have since the spring. Two, not sure that any of the things you mentioned necessarily mean that he's a smart qb who can step in and make excellent decisions right away. Those Stitt statements are the best I've seen/heard about him. He looked pretty good when he came in too, especially on several plays, but the opponent obviously wasn't EWU quality.

Hummm! You're a very shrewd mammal my Dartmouth friend. I'm sure this didn't escape your attention. http://gogriz.com/news/2016/9/13/football-griz-freshman-qb-a-finalist-for-national-academic-award.aspx

Never saw it. Like I said, haven't focused on him, other than watching him at practice with the other qb's. It's just like with my kids' boyfriends and girlfriends. I don't pay much attention to them until they've lasted a year or so. They tend to come and go. College qb's also tend to do that.

Seems a guy who played the game would realize that since QB"s come and go, get injured, leave school to follow their girlfriends, or don't pan out on the field, that whomever is #2 on depth chart has a pretty good chance of seeing the field. Good guy to focus on a little when you spend time at so many practices. Find out where the kid is from, read what his HS and college coaches have to say about him, look into his academic record and observe his skills outside of just how he throws the ball.

Very sad for Phillips but here's Jensen. Are you going to start paying much attention to him next year after he's lasted a year or so?

Oh, please don't be silly. Fans can be fans the way they want. Actually, I expected and hoped Phillips would be the qb for the whole season, and would be the top qb in the conference. I watch the top Griz qb's at practice. That's why I know who throws the best and most accurate ball, and can throw the furthest. I know way more about the Griz qb's than you do, because I stop at practices and go to scrimmages and games. I often don't read much on backups, because like you said, players come and go. And, when they move up, the message board is full of information being spoon fed to us. And, I actually don't care what high school coaches said about the players or what their academic record was in high school. I would rather watch the players practice, throw, play and develop.

Mouse, maybe you should watch the players/team more in practice, so you would be more up to speed on your commenting. Instead of hiding behind your keyboard, and just snipping. It's posters like you who gum and goof up the message board.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Once again I see the big picture is lost in the nit-picky pissing matches over these two fine QB's. Phillips and Jensen, both brought in by Stitt, have each showed they have the ability to properly run Stitt's offense--something the prior coaches' QB recruits just couldn't master. These guys are great students, great people, and fine athletes. They are unselfish and wholly team oriented. They are not from Montana but know, live and love what it is to be a Griz! I hope Stitt's philosophy stays with this program for a long time. The W's will come.

:thumb:

horribilisfan8184 said:
Once again I see the big picture is lost in the nit-picky pissing matches over these two fine QB's. Phillips and Jensen, both brought in by Stitt, have each showed they have the ability to properly run Stitt's offense--something the prior coaches' QB recruits just couldn't master. These guys are great students, great people, and fine athletes. They are unselfish and wholly team oriented. They are not from Montana but know, live and love what it is to be a Griz! I hope Stitt's philosophy stays with this program for a long time. The W's will come.

Maybe you should ask posters like Mouse to stop with his BS. Initially, I commented only on throwing ability and strength to throw the ball a long way, and that I didn't know certain things about Jensen. Don't know what's wrong with that. Many have agreed with me on Phillip's throwing ability. I added something to the discussion. Mouse added nothing, and has distracted from the discussion.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
grizcycling said:
Hummm! You're a very shrewd mammal my Dartmouth friend. I'm sure this didn't escape your attention. http://gogriz.com/news/2016/9/13/football-griz-freshman-qb-a-finalist-for-national-academic-award.aspx

Never saw it. Like I said, haven't focused on him, other than watching him at practice with the other qb's. It's just like with my kids' boyfriends and girlfriends. I don't pay much attention to them until they've lasted a year or so. They tend to come and go. College qb's also tend to do that.

Seems a guy who played the game would realize that since QB"s come and go, get injured, leave school to follow their girlfriends, or don't pan out on the field, that whomever is #2 on depth chart has a pretty good chance of seeing the field. Good guy to focus on a little when you spend time at so many practices. Find out where the kid is from, read what his HS and college coaches have to say about him, look into his academic record and observe his skills outside of just how he throws the ball.

Very sad for Phillips but here's Jensen. Are you going to start paying much attention to him next year after he's lasted a year or so?

Oh, please don't be silly. Fans can be fans the way they want. Actually, I expected and hoped Phillips would be the qb for the whole season, and would be the top qb in the conference. I watch the top Griz qb's at practice. That's why I know who throws the best and most accurate ball, and can throw the furthest. I know way more about the Griz qb's than you do, because I stop at practices and go to scrimmages and games. I often don't read much on backups, because like you said, players come and go. And, when they move up, the message board is full of information being spoon fed to us. And, I actually don't care what high school coaches said about the players or what their academic record was in high school. I would rather watch the players practice, throw, play and develop.

Mouse, maybe you should watch the players/team more in practice, so you would be more up to speed on your commenting. Instead of hiding behind your keyboard, and just snipping. It's posters like you who gum and goof up the message board.

Kind of fun to watch PR blow up with the slightest jab every couple months. Did you run to teacher a lot when kids teased you in grade school?

Sorry to muck up the board. 17,595 and counting..... I've got my fill of pissing PR off for another month or so.

He'll probably be up to 18,000 by then......405 more high quality informational posts!

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Kind of fun to watch PR blow up with the slightest jab every couple months. Did you run to teacher a lot when kids teased you in grade school?

Sorry to muck up the board. 17,595 and counting..... I've got my fill of pissing PR off for another month or so.

He'll probably be up to 18,000 by then......405 more high quality informational posts!

You provide nothing; just muck up the board (as you just admitted). You got nothing, and you didn't piss me off at all. I just don't put up with heel nippers like you anymore, and I enjoy commenting back. Enjoy seeing the likes of you slink away.

PlayerRep said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Maybe you should ask posters like Mouse to stop with his BS. Initially, I commented only on throwing ability and strength to throw the ball a long way, and that I didn't know certain things about Jensen. Don't know what's wrong with that. Many have agreed with me on Phillip's throwing ability. I added something to the discussion. Mouse added nothing, and has distracted from the discussion.

If you are nominating me for Moderator, while flattered I must respectfully decline. I have never taken, nor do i intend to take, a class for training in romper room supervision.

Yukon said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Yukon said:
reinell30 said:
I hated this injury to Reese deeply, made me sick! However, I predicted months ago, Gresch would be the starter by game Four. I see amazing talent in this kid. His poise will standout to everyone very soon. He is a leader that will get the job done. I believe the Griz are in very good hands with Gresch behind center.

My concern now however, is who do we have behind Gresch? If something happens to him, I do not believe Hill can run this offense.

I actually am confident we would be fine if something happened to Gresch. Hill would just change how the offense is run, IMO. If we got to Hill, I would also know that Simis is still ready if needed.

The Simis days as a Griz QB are long over.
Sure about that?
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/909881391323607040[/tweet]

Yep. As I stated somewhere, it would make sense in an emergency situation to finish a game, but he will not start a game if Jensen/Hill got hurt. Stitt even used the word "emergency".

PlayerRep said:
rocklobster said:
PlayerRep said:
rocklobster said:
My point was that a strong arm does not always make a great QB!

Fine, but didn't anyone on the board ever say or insinuate that a strong arm would make a great qb.

What was your point about a 50% gunslinger?

Assume you know Phillips was 71% so far this year?

I know that! You PR put so much on arm strength! My point was directed at you! It's not all strength of the arm! The "50% gunslinger" was a comment about the QBs I mentioned. Sheesh! R-e-l-a-x.

No, I put nothing on arm strength. Zero. I just said Phillips could throw the ball farther.

Relax yourself, and read what I say more carefully so that you understand what I'm saying (if you are going to comment on it), and be more clear what you write. I merely asked 3 questions. No reasons for you to get defensive. I was literally trying to figure out what you were saying. Sheesh.

Ok. Ok. Ok. I'll relax lawyer. Well stated.

poorgriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Oh well, it's Gresch's offense now, and Griz fans will support him 100%. :thumb:

Ya, right, until he makes a mistake.

Hey hypocrite read some of the game threads on kitty nation about Chris Murray. you guys were over him big time. Now he finally had one game where he completed some passes and he's the second coming again

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
One, I haven't focused on Jensen, as I believed Phillips would be the qb this year, and have since the spring. Two, not sure that any of the things you mentioned necessarily mean that he's a smart qb who can step in and make excellent decisions right away. Those Stitt statements are the best I've seen/heard about him. He looked pretty good when he came in too, especially on several plays, but the opponent obviously wasn't EWU quality.

Then when did you focus in on him enough to fully analyze that he'll never ever be the passer Phillips is?

:poke:

Practices (fall, spring, summer, fall), scrimmages and parts of 2 games. I watched all 3 quarterbacks, especially when they threw. Stayed after practice this fall to watch the qb's throw several times. Maybe 50 times total. Never read much on Jensen, even from the posters who were touting him all spring/summer/fall. Thought Phillips was much better and would be the starter. Also talked to players, including a qb, about Phillips last year when he arrived. To me, his best strength was how he threw the ball.

How many practices and scrimmages have you attended? Ha.
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP The PR truck is in full reverse mode here. Well done mouse!!!

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

You provide nothing; just muck up the board (as you just admitted). You got nothing, and you didn't piss me off at all. I just don't put up with heel nippers like you anymore, and I enjoy commenting back. Enjoy seeing the likes of you slink away.
"You really are an asshole. People like you are what muck up the board. You add nothing. Probably a total loser in life."
When Im not pissed off, I type similar things too.

Back