• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gresch Jensen transferring

grzz said:
PlayerRep said:
grzz said:
kemajic said:
There is literally nothing in this post that is true. Butthurt dilusional.
No, it isn't.

Did you attend even one practice? Jensen is gone, it is what it is but PAGriz's description of practice is accurate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Did Sneed get 90% of the first team reps in practice from day 1? Didn't seem that way to me. Wasn't true in the scrimmages.
Yes, he did. I barely saw you at practice, but I know that doesn't mean you weren't there.

The coaches did a good job of rotating every WR and RB through with both, but it was almost always Sneed with the #1 OLine and Jensen with the #2, and Sneed seemed to always get the practice reps when the coaches said #1 vs #1.

Jensen is gone. No one really knows every aspect, but I am just bothered by how many people are trashing a kid and saying stuff that just isn't true.

In someone who has been on record before thebtransfer as saying I thought Jensen was the better of the two, but also that Sneed looked significantly better in spring than I expected.

I didn't see you much at practice either, but doesn't mean you weren't there. Ha. Did you go to every practice for the whole time? I just went the practices when you weren't there. Ha, again.

PlayerRep said:
grzz said:
PlayerRep said:
grzz said:
No, it isn't.

Did you attend even one practice? Jensen is gone, it is what it is but PAGriz's description of practice is accurate.

Did Sneed get 90% of the first team reps in practice from day 1? Didn't seem that way to me. Wasn't true in the scrimmages.
Yes, he did. I barely saw you at practice, but I know that doesn't mean you weren't there.

The coaches did a good job of rotating every WR and RB through with both, but it was almost always Sneed with the #1 OLine and Jensen with the #2, and Sneed seemed to always get the practice reps when the coaches said #1 vs #1.

Jensen is gone. No one really knows every aspect, but I am just bothered by how many people are trashing a kid and saying stuff that just isn't true.

In someone who has been on record before thebtransfer as saying I thought Jensen was the better of the two, but also that Sneed looked significantly better in spring than I expected.

I didn't see you much at practice either, but doesn't mean you weren't there. Ha. Did you go to every practice for the whole time? I just went the practices when you weren't there. Ha, again.
Haha. I specifically asked Brint if he knew you'd be there and picked the days he said no!

Sarcasm, for those who don't understand.

There has been a great deal discussion on wins and losses - 5 and 3 - for Gresch. Does anyone have the stats in those 3 losses? How many yards did the offense put up and how many yards did the defense give up?

Kemajic, if GJ was "gone the day Stitt was shown the door" then why would he wait five months to announce his transfer(to God knows where). Could it be he experienced FIVE MONTHS OF MIND GAMES and had finally had enough?
"The trashing of Jensen on this board is just Gross." Spot on, Grzz!
Perhaps, after lengthy, detailed discussions with his family over Christmas break, they decided to keep the $cholar$hip money and milk UM for a $eme$ter, then announce after the spring game, unless he was #1, of course. In the meantime, dad checks out potential destinations/options. He had to have a Plan B.

grzz said:
PlayerRep said:
grzz said:
kemajic said:
There is literally nothing in this post that is true. Butthurt dilusional.
No, it isn't.

At the end of the day, what does it matter? What's done is done and he is gone. I agree that Jensen was for all intents and purposes gone when Stitt was. He was one of the only players to ask Haslam why he was fired and legitimately seem upset about it. No secret that he liked Stitt and wanted to play for him. I think this body language showed all spring and that had a lot to do with how spring practices played out.

So what was the other option?......keep Stitt so we keep Jensen? I don't think that combo were ever going to win anything that we expect the Griz to. That's not a knock or trashing on Jensen, but Stitt. His teams will always be average with his coaching style......Offenses will score in bunches with incredible stats, but disappear when needed. Defenses will be wore out from being on the field too much, thus giving up lots of points and yards when a stop is needed or just completely ignored like special teams because he thinks he can just outscore everyone.

I don't like that Jensen left anymore than the next person, but change was needed so the Griz can get back where we want them to be. Stitt had to go, Jensen felt he had to as well. I think when it is all said and done this will not be as big of a deal as it is right now.

FTC, RTD

Grandma Griz said:
There has been a great deal discussion on wins and losses - 5 and 3 - for Gresch. Does anyone have the stats in those 3 losses? How many yards did the offense put up and how many yards did the defense give up?

Eastern Wash - he went: 25/49 358 2 1
Weber St - he went: 21/42 347 3 3
Montana St - he went: 30/49 326 1 1

Total of all 3 losses: 76/140 1031 6 5
Average: 343 2 1.67

Offense put up:

Eastern Wash: 538
Weber St: 503
Montana St: 442

Total of all 3 losses: 1483
Average: 494

Defense gave up:

Eastern Wash: 617
Weber St: 298
Montana St: 420

Total of all 3 losses: 1335
Average: 445

grizcountry420 said:
Grandma Griz said:

Eastern Wash - he went: 25/49 358 2 1
Weber St - he went: 21/42 347 3 3
Montana St - he went: 30/49 326 1 1

Total of all 3 losses: 76/140 1031 6 5
Average: 343 2 1.67

Offense put up:

Eastern Wash: 538
Weber St: 503
Montana St: 442

Total of all 3 losses: 1483
Average: 494

Defense gave up:

Eastern Wash: 617
Weber St: 298
Montana St: 420

Total of all 3 losses: 1335
Average: 445

Thanks for doing that. Interesting.

Thanks for the info.! Football is a team effort, and it takes all players working in unison to be successful, including coach participation.

Does anyone really know what the “facts” are. I followed the posts through the spring practices and it sounded like things were divided equally. I don’t recall anyone back then claiming that Jensen was getting less reps or less reps with the 1s. I recall just the opposite was being posted and that most posters thought that Jensen had the better arm and Sneed was quicker and the competition was even. (Do you think Rosy should not have commented to the media on what he wanted Jensen to work on?)

Anyway these facts can be established or proven. The staff charts everything these days and it’s donwloaded so that information should be readily available. They also film everything and archive every practice. So again if anyone is willing to waste their time breaking their reps down have at it. The point I’m trying to make is the facts are easy to establish and the folks that insist that Jensen got screwed by the staff because he never got reps with the 1s better check the stats because if their making it up then that really sucks for everyone on this board. Because it throws shade on Hauck and Rosy and the program.

Until you break down the practice film and chart the reps then you are just spewing fake news. And everyone should push back against it if we don’t then it becomes the narrative which hurts Hauck and the program. I’m a fucking griz alum first, and a haucksucker second. And when people spew fake news about the griz program they should be challenged. More facts will come out from the players and coaches and probably Jensen people will give their side of it. But until more facts are established quit the fake news because it’s not fair to the program. That’s all I got.:thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
Does anyone really know what the “facts” are. I followed the posts through the spring practices and it sounded like things were divided equally. I don’t recall anyone back then claiming that Jensen was getting less reps or less reps with the 1s. I recall just the opposite was being posted and that most posters thought that Jensen had the better arm and Sneed was quicker and the competition was even. (Do you think Rosy should not have commented to the media on what he wanted Jensen to work on?)

Anyway these facts can be established or proven. The staff charts everything these days and it’s donwloaded so that information should be readily available. They also film everything and archive every practice. So again if anyone is willing to waste their time breaking their reps down have at it. The point I’m trying to make is the facts are easy to establish and the folks that insist that Jensen got screwed by the staff because he never got reps with the 1s better check the stats because if their making it up then that really sucks for everyone on this board. Because it throws shade on Hauck and Rosy and the program.

Until you break down the practice film and chart the reps then you are just spewing fake news. And everyone should push back against it if we don’t then it becomes the narrative which hurts Hauck and the program. I’m a f***[*] griz alum first, and a haucksucker second. And when people spew fake news about the griz program they should be challenged. More facts will come out from the players and coaches and probably Jensen people will give their side of it. But until more facts are established quit the fake news because it’s not fair to the program. That’s all I got.:thumb:

Let's break down what we do know.

Contended Fact: A lot of people who watched a lot of practices and scrimmages say Sneed dominated reps with 1"s
Fact 1: Gresch wants to be the starter in 2018.
Fact 2: Gresch meets with Bobby.
Fact 3: Gresch is leaving to play where he will start.

Doesn't take an inferential genius to figure out what happened in fact 2 meeting. However, you cannot infer whether or not the contended fact is true. All that can be inferred is that Bobby couldn't promise what Gresch wanted. C'mon, think. Gresch needed to know what Bobby was going to do now so he could decide what was best for him now. If Bobby had announced Gresch as the fall starter he'd still be here. Can't blame Bobby for saving that decision until after fall camp.

As for blaming Gresch, for all you guys who still don't get what was going on, go back to 6th grade and ask yourself, did anyone in the class not know who was teacher's pet.

Logical conclusions: Bobby wouldn't tell Gresch he would be starter, but competition was still open. Gresch knew his competition was teachers pet. It's really that simple.

This team would’ve won at least 8 games this year with Stitt and Gresch. So far I am not impressed by BH’s return. I see the trolls still troll, and the whiners still cry.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Dutch Lane said:

Until you break down the practice film and chart the reps then you are just spewing fake news. And everyone should push back against it if we don’t then it becomes the narrative which hurts Hauck and the program. I’m a f***[*] griz alum first, and a haucksucker second. And when people spew fake news about the griz program they should be challenged. More facts will come out from the players and coaches and probably Jensen people will give their side of it. But until more facts are established quit the fake news because it’s not fair to the program. That’s all I got.:thumb:

Let's break down what we do know.

Contended Fact: A lot of people who watched a lot of practices and scrimmages say Sneed dominated reps with 1"s

Doesn't take an inferential genius to figure out what happened in fact 2 meeting. However, you cannot infer whether or not the contended fact is true. All that can be inferred is that Bobby couldn't promise what Gresch wanted. C'mon, think. Gresch needed to know what Bobby was going to do now so he could decide what was best for him now. If Bobby had announced Gresch as the fall starter he'd still be here. Can't blame Bobby for saving that decision until after fall camp.

As for blaming Gresch, for all you guys who still don't get what was going on, go back to 6th grade and ask yourself, did anyone in the class not know who was teacher's pet.

Logical conclusions: Bobby wouldn't tell Gresch he would be starter, but competition was still open. Gresch knew his competition was teachers pet. It's really that simple.

You are kidding, right? Either that our you are deluded. So, simply because Hauck recruited this kid in the past, he will automatically make him the starter no matter if he deserves it or not. Oh really? Probably one of stupidest comments I have read in a while.

ordigger said:
This team would’ve won at least 8 games this year with Stitt and Gresch. So far I am not impressed by BH’s return. I see the trolls still troll, and the whiners still cry.

I disagree. The offense could have put up enough points and stats to win 8 games. However, Stitts lack of attention to Defense and special teams, along with an inability of in game adjustments, would have prevented it. I say it again, Stitt would have remained the same, no worse, no better, but the same.

4theluvofgriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
... Contended Fact: A lot of people who watched a lot of practices and scrimmages say Sneed dominated reps with 1"s

You are kidding, right? Either that our you are deluded. So, simply because Hauck recruited this kid in the past, he will automatically make him the starter no matter if he deserves it or not. Oh really? ...
I've been staying away from comments on this pissing/moaning/name calling thread (see "Men's Tennis" thread). But I rather enjoyed the 8184 exposition, since what is said about kids "knowing" who was teacher's pet is pretty much true. :)

The flaw in that analogy is, of course, equally simple: A teacher who has "pets" is in no danger of losing her/his job if the pet turns out to be a loser. Conversely, a coach's career mostly depends upon putting the best players on the field and getting the most out of them. (Much of the rest is, as we know all to well, somehow keeping them out of trouble off the field. :? )

ordigger said:

What is it that you aren’t impressed by? Tell us you opinion of what you see as unimpressive about BHs return. I’ll wait. I have been labeled a haucksucker by the anti Hauck crowd. If you are not a troll or whiner what exactly are you? I’ll wait again. Thanks :thumb:

34 pages..I'm so disappointed. I can remember so many posters telling how close they were to the players, and how they knew what was going on in the locker rooms. Yet not one of them has come forth with the "scoop" The credibility is gone!!!!!

ordigger said:

What do you base that on? A magically improved o-line and secondary?

Why don't you give us a game by game explanation of the 8 wins?

Latest posts

Back