• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gresch Jensen transferring

For those posters making comments such as "not impressed with Bobby's return so far", can I ask what the heck you feel the criteria is for such a judgement at this point??? A few weeks of spring ball practices and a couple scrimmages? A few of the former coach's recruits leaving the team, and somehow Hauck is a failure? Please. This stuff happens at every school, with every change in coaching staff, in virtually every college sport. How do you think the Griz get some of our drop-down transfers each year? It is the motivating factor for some players to look at other options, but it doesn't necessarily point to the new coach "doing something wrong". I'm not advocating for or against, I'm just amazed at how "insightful" so many people are when they don't have a clue. Maybe hold your judgement on the quality of Hauck's coaching until there are some on-field results that actually reflect on his performance. Give Hauck a grade after the season is underway if you must, but I think it's little whiny to predict doom and gloom because a good player made a personal choice that he no longer wanted to be a Griz. Best wishes to Gresch Jensen, hope he lands in a great spot. I also support and hope Hauck and the Griz smash their opponents in the mouth and get W's.

:thumb:
Jaymerz said:
For those posters making comments such as "not impressed with Bobby's return so far", can I ask what the heck you feel the criteria is for such a judgement at this point??? A few weeks of spring ball practices and a couple scrimmages? A few of the former coach's recruits leaving the team, and somehow Hauck is a failure? Please. This stuff happens at every school, with every change in coaching staff, in virtually every college sport. How do you think the Griz get some of our drop-down transfers each year? It is the motivating factor for some players to look at other options, but it doesn't necessarily point to the new coach "doing something wrong". I'm not advocating for or against, I'm just amazed at how "insightful" so many people are when they don't have a clue. Maybe hold your judgement on the quality of Hauck's coaching until there are some on-field results that actually reflect on his performance. Give Hauck a grade after the season is underway if you must, but I think it's little whiny to predict doom and gloom because a good player made a personal choice that he no longer wanted to be a Griz. Best wishes to Gresch Jensen, hope he lands in a great spot. I also support and hope Hauck and the Griz smash their opponents in the mouth and get W's.
:thumb:

racehorsewilly said:
34 pages..I'm so disappointed. I can remember so many posters telling how close they were to the players, and how they knew what was going on in the locker rooms. Yet not one of them has come forth with the "scoop" The credibility is gone!!!!!
That’s what makes this so intriguing so we can continue to speculate and the opinions offered all are shade by the Hauck and anti Hauck crowds agendas. Bottom line that I take away from all of is this no one player is bigger then the entire program. There are 90 plus other guys who have all had to adjust and compete for positions even if they were starters last season. It’s a no win for the new staff at this point when the fellas continue the narrative that Jensen was run off. I’m a Hauck supporter and I believe that he and his staff have experience at the next level and know how to evaluate players and they are going to put the best team on the field each and every game. Carry on my wayward son......lay your weary head to rest don’t you cry no more. :cry: :thumb:

I have been impressed so far with Hauck and his coaches. He has spoken well. The practices seem to have been run well and looked terrific. Scrimmages good. Relationship with the media seems good. Some new players look good. Did recruiting go well? Seems to have. Are ticket sales up? Think so. Have some donations come in? Yes. Are multiple disgruntled supporters back in the fold? Yes. Is there considerable excitement in Griz Nation? Definitely, and lots of it. No big problems that I'm aware of. Is everything perfect? I assume not. Is every coach loved? I assume not. Is Jensen's departure good? Nope. Will life go on. Yup.

4theluvofgriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Logical conclusions: Bobby wouldn't tell Gresch he would be starter, but competition was still open. Gresch knew his competition was teachers pet. It's really that simple.
You are kidding, right? Either that our you are deluded. So, simply because Hauck recruited this kid in the past, he will automatically make him the starter no matter if he deserves it or not. Oh really? Probably one of stupidest comments I have read in a while.
Not kidding, deluded. BH really has a history of bringing in transfers and not testing them, right? And a history of having pet players. Total delusional, butthurt, Hillary all over.

Kem, I don’t know if you saw my post a few day ago but your 1952 Mantle card sold recently for 2.8 million. I m hoping yours is an original also.......

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
Bottom line Stitt and Jensen beat the cats last season they are also in the playoffs. So if your argument is that all the indirect lever pulling and undermining you claim took place by Bobby and the rich guys eroded the teams confidence going’s into the cat game which effected the outcome. I would think that if that was an accurate narrative then that adversity would have been used to get the fellas to rise to the occassion in the rivalry game and win just one for the Stitter. AZ this was your same emotional rant so please how did Bobby cause the loss to the cats the last years, which directly led to Stitts firing? I’ll wait while you load your hand :thumb:

No one said they affected the outcome of the game. Stop making stuff up. Doesn't change the fact that it was incredibly bad form for BH to do what he did, I'm sorry if you can't see or admit that.

So for Bobby to answer an interview question stating that yes, he would like to be a head coach again someday, was incredibly bad form? A statement like that makes one lose track of what good form might be.

Dutch Lane said:
Kem, I don’t know if you saw my post a few day ago but your 1952 Mantle card sold recently for 2.8 million. I m hoping yours is an original also.......
I, of course, do not have an original. My mother gave away my entire closet full of cards when I left for Montana. The kid she gave them to probably retired long before I did. I do have the '52 Topps reprint series; even that MM is gaining in value, far more than I paid for the entire series.

I see the show is still going strong, good job. :shock: :lol:
13476255.jpg

horribilisfan8184 said:
Dutch Lane said:
Does anyone really know what the “facts” are. I followed the posts through the spring practices and it sounded like things were divided equally. I don’t recall anyone back then claiming that Jensen was getting less reps or less reps with the 1s. I recall just the opposite was being posted and that most posters thought that Jensen had the better arm and Sneed was quicker and the competition was even. (Do you think Rosy should not have commented to the media on what he wanted Jensen to work on?)

Anyway these facts can be established or proven. The staff charts everything these days and it’s donwloaded so that information should be readily available. They also film everything and archive every practice. So again if anyone is willing to waste their time breaking their reps down have at it. The point I’m trying to make is the facts are easy to establish and the folks that insist that Jensen got screwed by the staff because he never got reps with the 1s better check the stats because if their making it up then that really sucks for everyone on this board. Because it throws shade on Hauck and Rosy and the program.

Until you break down the practice film and chart the reps then you are just spewing fake news. And everyone should push back against it if we don’t then it becomes the narrative which hurts Hauck and the program. I’m a f***[*] griz alum first, and a haucksucker second. And when people spew fake news about the griz program they should be challenged. More facts will come out from the players and coaches and probably Jensen people will give their side of it. But until more facts are established quit the fake news because it’s not fair to the program. That’s all I got.:thumb:

Let's break down what we do know.

Contended Fact: A lot of people who watched a lot of practices and scrimmages say Sneed dominated reps with 1"s
Fact 1: Gresch wants to be the starter in 2018.
Fact 2: Gresch meets with Bobby.
Fact 3: Gresch is leaving to play where he will start.

Doesn't take an inferential genius to figure out what happened in fact 2 meeting. However, you cannot infer whether or not the contended fact is true. All that can be inferred is that Bobby couldn't promise what Gresch wanted. C'mon, think. Gresch needed to know what Bobby was going to do now so he could decide what was best for him now. If Bobby had announced Gresch as the fall starter he'd still be here. Can't blame Bobby for saving that decision until after fall camp.

As for blaming Gresch, for all you guys who still don't get what was going on, go back to 6th grade and ask yourself, did anyone in the class not know who was teacher's pet.

Logical conclusions: Bobby wouldn't tell Gresch he would be starter, but competition was still open. Gresch knew his competition was teachers pet. It's really that simple.
Fact#- Huckster had it out for Jensen because he wanted his boy from the get go. Poor coaches make poor personal decisions. Why are none of wondering why he burnt out in UNLV, obviously no football power nor a conference that would be difficult to dominate if he was such a great coach. His mindset looks old and ineffective and if I was a player looking to commit to the Grizzlies I would be apprehensive based upon how he treats proven players. Looks like plays favorites and doesn't base his decision on performance. Loser. :lol:

Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Dutch Lane said:
Does anyone really know what the “facts” are. I followed the posts through the spring practices and it sounded like things were divided equally. I don’t recall anyone back then claiming that Jensen was getting less reps or less reps with the 1s. I recall just the opposite was being posted and that most posters thought that Jensen had the better arm and Sneed was quicker and the competition was even. (Do you think Rosy should not have commented to the media on what he wanted Jensen to work on?)

Anyway these facts can be established or proven. The staff charts everything these days and it’s donwloaded so that information should be readily available. They also film everything and archive every practice. So again if anyone is willing to waste their time breaking their reps down have at it. The point I’m trying to make is the facts are easy to establish and the folks that insist that Jensen got screwed by the staff because he never got reps with the 1s better check the stats because if their making it up then that really sucks for everyone on this board. Because it throws shade on Hauck and Rosy and the program.

Until you break down the practice film and chart the reps then you are just spewing fake news. And everyone should push back against it if we don’t then it becomes the narrative which hurts Hauck and the program. I’m a f***[*] griz alum first, and a haucksucker second. And when people spew fake news about the griz program they should be challenged. More facts will come out from the players and coaches and probably Jensen people will give their side of it. But until more facts are established quit the fake news because it’s not fair to the program. That’s all I got.:thumb:

Contended Fact: A lot of people who watched a lot of practices and scrimmages say Sneed dominated reps with 1"s

Doesn't take an inferential genius to figure out what happened in fact 2 meeting. However, you cannot infer whether or not the contended fact is true. All that can be inferred is that Bobby couldn't promise what Gresch wanted. C'mon, think. Gresch needed to know what Bobby was going to do now so he could decide what was best for him now. If Bobby had announced Gresch as the fall starter he'd still be here. Can't blame Bobby for saving that decision until after fall camp.

As for blaming Gresch, for all you guys who still don't get what was going on, go back to 6th grade and ask yourself, did anyone in the class not know who was teacher's pet.

Fact#- Huckster had it out for Jensen because he wanted his boy from the get go. Poor coaches make poor personal decisions. Why are none of wondering why he burnt out in UNLV, obviously no football power nor a conference that would be difficult to dominate if he was such a great coach. His mindset looks old and ineffective and if I was a player looking to commit to the Grizzlies I would be apprehensive based upon how he treats proven players. Looks like plays favorites and doesn't base his decision on performance. Loser. :lol:

All I hope is that Coach keeps the good Montana ballplayers in state. There's another thread dedicated to 8-man players. It bothers me to see anyone call another human a loser. Nor do I care for a sense of entitlement based upon past accomplishments, especially if they were insignificant.

Jaymerz said:

The speculation has been extreme on both ends. Some are highly critical. Some are highly positive. Snead is a good example. People think he's either going to fail or be the best QB we've had in a long time. In reality, as a first year starter with some talent, he will have both ups and downs. Be strong in some areas and have other areas where he may struggle or can improve.

I'm actually surprised that more kids haven't left and maybe we will end up seeing more of that at the end of the day.

At the end of the day Hauck has put together a very experienced coaching staff and is going to build a program/culture that he's comfortable with. I think that may take a couple years and I hope that the fans are willing to be a bit patient with him and the players that he is developing (eg: Snead).

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Dutch Lane said:

All I hope is that Coach keeps the good Montana ballplayers in state. There's another thread dedicated to 8-man players. It bothers me to see anyone call another human a loser. Nor do I care for a sense of entitlement based upon past accomplishments, especially if they were insignificant.

I'm glad your very high-minded about derogatory terms concerning language on the message board. Perhaps you should speak up when the term "quitter" is being thrown around about another human by some of the less evolved egriz posters. Or is your sense of propriety limited to those you like?

Everyone just needs to CALM THE F DOWN :lol:

-Changes happen every year on every team.
-Those changes are magnified when the old coach and new coach are nearly complete opposites
-Players make choices based on what they think is best for them
-Coaches make choices based on what they think will help the team the most
-Fans blow a gasket on both sides of the issue

-Can't wait for August and could someone get me a cold smoke?

kemajic said:
Dutch Lane said:
I, of course, do not have an original. My mother gave away my entire closet full of cards when I left for Montana. The kid she gave them to probably retired long before I did. I do have the '52 Topps reprint series; even that MM is gaining in value, far more than I paid for the entire series.

My dad ran away from home when he was 16-17 and left a whole slew of valuable cards from the late 60’s-mid 70’s including a Lew Alcindor and Roger Staubauch rookie card. His dad had married a Korean lady while in Korea and her 5 year old son took over the card collection. Needless to say when my dad returned home to collect the rest of his stuff several years later, all the cards had been destroyed by the boy who knew no better.

Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

I'm glad your very high-minded about derogatory terms concerning language on the message board. Perhaps you should speak up when the term "quitter" is being thrown around about another human by some of the less evolved egriz posters. Or is your sense of propriety limited to those you like?

Yes it is! I will even go so far as to say that Montana has not had a decent basketball player from Great Falls remain instate since Tom Storm and Jack Gillespie. Fair enough?

Even marginal players have left the state.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:

Yes it is! I will even go so far as to say that Montana has not had a decent basketball player from Great Falls remain instate since Tom Storm and Jack Gillespie. Fair enough?

Take a break you two... Your giving us all a headache.

Paytonlives said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Take a break you two... Your giving us all a headache.

Mom! She started it!

kemajic said:
Dutch Lane said:

I had a Mickey Mantle Topps 1957 that I acquired down in Ardmore, Oklahoma back in the day. It's now up to about $ 3,000. I gave my whole collection away to someone that I think turned it into a grass/weed growing business near Ft. Benton. I think they got nabbed for it, though. Damn.

Bobcat/Eagle Uncle said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Dutch Lane said:

You just described choate. Bobby and Jeff are peas in a pod. Tough mindset....dominant defense....attention to detail....special teams matter.....control the clock....Hauck or Choate? Both! If you are willing to call out a coach with his record a "loser", then be careful what you wish for. Like it or not, your golden boy in bozeman teaches the same principles that Hauck teaches. "Old and ineffective"? Take a look in the mirror, troll.

Latest posts

Back