• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz top FCS in attendance for second-straight season

SloStang said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SloStang said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I wonder what the average BSC attendance would be without UM and MSU. Stop traffic, because I think it would be a whopping 7,199, which would rank the BSC (I believe) 10th out of 13 FCS conferences.
Take the top two teams out of any conference and the numbers for the conference will drop dramatically.

Do you really think that's true? Definitely not for the P5. Maybe you mean just FCS. I could see some truth to that, but I would be surprised if the drop would be as precipitous as in our conference. For the record, I am very happy SLO joined this conference.
Yes, I was talking about FCS conferences, but it even hold true in some P5 conferences. Take the Big 10. They averaged 65,998 as a conference. Take out the top two teams , Michigan at 110,168 and Ohio State at 107,244 and the conference average drops to 58,880. The top 7 teams in the Big 10 averaged 88,575. The bottom 7 teams averaged 42,995. Top in the conference was Michigan at 110,168 compared to Northwestern at 33,366.

I understand what you're saying, but you can't tell me the programs at the bottom of the BSC aren't holding programs the conference back. The Big 10 doesn't have that problem. The difference between attendance in the top and bottom of that conference is amazing to respectable. Ours is respectable to dismal.

CDAGRIZ said:
SloStang said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SloStang said:
Take the top two teams out of any conference and the numbers for the conference will drop dramatically.

Do you really think that's true? Definitely not for the P5. Maybe you mean just FCS. I could see some truth to that, but I would be surprised if the drop would be as precipitous as in our conference. For the record, I am very happy SLO joined this conference.
Yes, I was talking about FCS conferences, but it even hold true in some P5 conferences. Take the Big 10. They averaged 65,998 as a conference. Take out the top two teams , Michigan at 110,168 and Ohio State at 107,244 and the conference average drops to 58,880. The top 7 teams in the Big 10 averaged 88,575. The bottom 7 teams averaged 42,995. Top in the conference was Michigan at 110,168 compared to Northwestern at 33,366.

I understand what you're saying, but you can't tell me the programs at the bottom of the BSC aren't holding programs the conference back. The Big 10 doesn't have that problem. The difference between attendance in the top and bottom of that conference is amazing to respectable. Ours is respectable to dismal.
That is comparing apples and oranges. My point was that even in a P5 conference that is a huge disparity from the top of the conference to the bottom of it. Michigan's average attendance was 3 times that of Northwestern. Same is true in the SEC where Texas A&M and Tennessee averaged more than three times that of Vanderbilt.

SloStang said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SloStang said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That is comparing apples and oranges. My point was that even in a P5 conference that is a huge disparity from the top of the conference to the bottom of it. Michigan's average attendance was 3 times that of Northwestern. Same is true in the SEC where Texas A&M and Tennessee averaged more than three times that of Vanderbilt.

I get that. I honestly do. Did Vandy draw 4k for a game last year. For that matter, did Air Force or Wyoming? I just have an agenda to disparage the bottom of the BSC because I hate them. Let me live out my destiny in peace without the employment of facts.

CDAGRIZ said:
SloStang said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SloStang said:

I get that. I honestly do. Did Vandy draw 4k for a game last year. For that matter, did Air Force or Wyoming? I just have an agenda to disparage the bottom of the BSC because I hate them. Let me live out my destiny in peace without the employment of facts.

LMAO, if only it were that easy CDA. :lol: :thumb: :clap:

Haters gonna hate CDA! According to my EGriz calculations there are 87% more Northern Colorado certified haters than fans. This indisputable numeric fact holds true for many of the bottom tier BSC teams. The numbers balance out at 50/50 for SUU probably because they just haven't been in the league that long and a Thunderbird is kind of a cool mascot. Numbers don't lie.

Buttegrizzle said:
Haters gonna hate CDA! According to my EGriz calculations there are 87% more Northern Colorado certified haters than fans. This indisputable numeric fact holds true for many of the bottom tier BSC teams. The numbers balance out at 50/50 for SUU probably because they just haven't been in the league that long and a Thunderbird is kind of a cool mascot. Numbers don't lie.

Ha!

Buttegrizzle said:

This is a great study. I reviewed it.

'68griz said:
And there were times there could have been quite a few more fans present.

Agreed. Like the home playoff game against SDSU last year.....that drew 14,000 and change. WTF was up with that?

Lakerhater said:
'68griz said:

Agreed. Like the home playoff game against SDSU last year.....that drew 14,000 and change. WTF was up with that?
I was there. Can't speak for anyone else.

'68griz said:
Lakerhater said:
'68griz said:

I was there. Can't speak for anyone else.
It was the weather. Just ask Raider!!

Lakerhater said:
'68griz said:

We don't play football in a rec center like some pansy assed teams.

EverettGriz said:
Lakerhater said:
'68griz said:

That entire fucking arena/Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses just needs to be razed. The laserlight show/Staples Center pregame thing is an embarrassment to college FB, nay, all of FB, nationwide.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Lakerhater said:
'68griz said:

That entire f***[*] arena/Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses just needs to be razed. The laserlight show/Staples Center pregame thing is an embarrassment to college FB, nay, all of FB, nationwide.

Meh who gives a shit. Best homefield advantage in the FCS. Ask a few Griz players who have been beat there twice in the last two years, one of which was an absolute piss pounding playoff win. Bobs Titt looked like he didn't even try to prepare that team.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Lakerhater said:

That entire f***[*] arena/Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses just needs to be razed. The laserlight show/Staples Center pregame thing is an embarrassment to college FB, nay, all of FB, nationwide.

Meh who gives a shit. Best homefield advantage in the FCS. Ask a few Griz players who have been beat there twice in the last two years, one of which was an absolute piss pounding playoff win. Bobs Titt looked like he didn't even try to prepare that team.

Best homefield advantage in the FCS

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I was laughing to effing hard to type!!!

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Lakerhater said:

Meh who gives a shit.

Clearly not the ones making the decision to play in a barn. The experience looks very bball. Nothing wrong with it, just don't try to pass it off like a real football stadium.

EverettGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Best homefield advantage in the FCS

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I was laughing to effing hard to type!!!

Since moving to the FargoDome, NDSU is 16-0 in the playoffs, 22-1 in home openers, and have a 128-22 (.853) overall win loss record. Pretty hard to beat it. WaGriz certainly has a good homefield advantage to. I just don't see really good teams go into it and get blown out of the water due to the environment.

As an FCS team, NDSU certainly hasn't suffered the embarrassment of getting beat by a D2 team inside the FargoDome.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Meh who gives a shit.

Clearly not the ones making the decision to play in a barn. The experience looks very bball. Nothing wrong with it, just don't try to pass it off like a real football stadium.

You've never been there, so I'm not sure you have a clue. I have been to WaGriz a few times including once to watch a shitty D2 team score 24 unanswered points and beat the #3 Griz team. Nice stadium. Not the most intimidating. Fuck, Weber State won a game there this year.

The 16-0 playoff record speaks for itself. Either it is the most intimidating environment in the FCS, or NDSU has been the most dominant playoff FCS team of all time. Take your pick.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Meh who gives a shit.

You've never been there, so I'm not sure you have a clue. I have been to WaGriz a few times including once to watch a shitty D2 team score 24 unanswered points and beat the #3 Griz team. Nice stadium. Not the most intimidating. f***, Weber State won a game there this year.

I went to the Montana/NDSU playoff game in Fargo last year and while the Fargodome certainly is loud, it isn't louder than WA-Griz.

I just don't see really good teams go into it and get blown out of the water due to the environment.

Then you are either, (a) blind as a bat in the rafters of the multi-purpose rec center in Fargo, or (b) as stupid as you appear when you post.

get'em_griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Meh who gives a shit.

You've never been there, so I'm not sure you have a clue. I have been to WaGriz a few times including once to watch a shitty D2 team score 24 unanswered points and beat the #3 Griz team. Nice stadium. Not the most intimidating. f***, Weber State won a game there this year.

I went to the Montana/NDSU playoff game in Fargo last year and while the Fargodome certainly is loud, it isn't louder than WA-Griz.

When you are absolutely piss pounding a team like NDSU did to Montana, it isn't going to be that loud. That was a boring game to watch. Hard to get too pumped when you are watching something like that.

Back