• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz top FCS in attendance for second-straight season

2011BisonAlumni said:
get'em_griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Clearly not the ones making the decision to play in a barn. The experience looks very bball. Nothing wrong with it, just don't try to pass it off like a real football stadium.

You've never been there, so I'm not sure you have a clue. I have been to WaGriz a few times including once to watch a shitty D2 team score 24 unanswered points and beat the #3 Griz team. Nice stadium. Not the most intimidating. f***, Weber State won a game there this year.

I went to the Montana/NDSU playoff game in Fargo last year and while the Fargodome certainly is loud, it isn't louder than WA-Griz.

When you are absolutely piss pounding a team like NDSU did to Montana, it isn't going to be that loud. That was a boring game to watch. Hard to get too pumped when you are watching something like that.

Given the average UNDSU fan profile, it's probably good not to get too pumped up about anything . . .

defib-369036.jpg

I had 8 die hard NDSU fans join me at Washington Griz last fall for the big game. Every single one of them left saying this is the kind of stadium the Bison need. They said it was louder and couldn't believe that an open air stadium get that rockIn.

I've never attended, but I'd presume it gets quite loud in the Fargo multi-purpose rec center when it hosts the NoDak Flower and Garden show next weekend.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
That entire f***[*] arena/Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses just needs to be razed. The laserlight show/Staples Center pregame thing is an embarrassment to college FB, nay, all of FB, nationwide.

Meh who gives a shit.

Clearly not the ones making the decision to play in a barn. The experience looks very bball. Nothing wrong with it, just don't try to pass it off like a real football stadium.

You've never been there, so I'm not sure you have a clue.

I've never been to Disney on Ice at the LA Sports Arena, but I know it's probably pretty lame. Trust me, I know the product. I've been to many games at the Kibbie Dome. Fargoshed is no different.

hey now. Wash-Griz hosts other things also, other than football games:

ya know, Rolling Stones, Paul Mccartney, etc.

WaGriz_RollingStones.jpg

That's a fabulous photo.
Reputations matter in the music industry, and when Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones told Paul McCartney about Missoula, it worked to convince the former Beatle to place the city on his worldwide “Out There” tour.
http://missoulian.com/news/local/paul-mccartney-to-play-aug-concert-in-washington-grizzly-stadium/article_8884ff68-cee0-11e3-9357-001a4bcf887a.html

Yukon said:

ya know, Rolling Stones, Paul Mccartney, etc

That's all well and good, but until we land a Happy Harry's Ribfest, Annual RV Trade and Expo, or Used Combine Extravaganza, we will never be the second most famous multi-purpose indoor arena in all of the Fargo-Grand Forks Corridor. Maybe instead of that dumb new video board, the U should focus on installing some laserlights and some shot clocks.

CDAGRIZ said:
Yukon said:

That's all well and good, but until we land a Happy Harry's Ribfest, Annual RV Trade and Expo, or Used Combine Extravaganza, we will never be the second most famous multi-purpose indoor arena in all of the Fargo-Grand Forks Corridor. Maybe instead of that dumb new video board, the U should focus on installing some laserlights and some shot clocks.

Or produce a championship football team. Something that hasn't been done in 15 years.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yukon said:

Or produce a championship football team. Something that hasn't been done in 15 years.
If I had to choose my team winning every game, but I had to watch my team play those games in a dome located in flatland ND, it would be a no brainer I will take UM even if they lost every game. Yes you have a winning team and a lot of good fans (you are not one of them), but there really isn't much more to like. I have been there multiple times, other than the nice people, there isn't much I would go back for.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yukon said:

Yet you just can't leave us alone for some reason, haha! I wonder what it could be...

signedbewildered said:
NativeGriz said:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/the-drunkest-and-driest-cities-in-america/ss-BBt2zTq#image=9
Fargo beat us in another area, though we did make it in the top 20. No wonder Alpha likes Fargo so much, they have more drunks.

I saw that last week. I had to go back and count all the Wisconsin towns. I think I ran out of fingers. I've always hated most cheese heads.
No $hit, the number of Wisconsin cities was unreal. Considering how little there is to do in ND it was surprising there were only 2 cities listed.

NativeGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yukon said:

If I had to choose my team winning every game, but I had to watch my team play those games in a dome located in flatland ND, it would be a no brainer I will take UM even if they lost every game. Yes you have a winning team and a lot of good fans (you are not one of them), but there really isn't much more to like. I have been there multiple times, other than the nice people, there isn't much I would go back for.

Really? Seems like a shitty way to spend a Saturday. Quite a bit more to see around Missoula.

2011BisonAlumni said:
NativeGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Really? Seems like a shitty way to spend a Saturday. Quite a bit more to see around Missoula.
The atmosphere is always awesome in Griz stadium and we don't need a dome to help create our noise. Plus I get Flathead Lake 300 plus days a year, I don't mind a few Saturdays in Missoula.

NativeGriz said:
signedbewildered said:
NativeGriz said:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/the-drunkest-and-driest-cities-in-america/ss-BBt2zTq#image=9
Fargo beat us in another area, though we did make it in the top 20. No wonder Alpha likes Fargo so much, they have more drunks.

I saw that last week. I had to go back and count all the Wisconsin towns. I think I ran out of fingers. I've always hated most cheese heads.
No $hit, the number of Wisconsin cities was unreal. Considering how little there is to do in ND it was surprising there were only 2 cities listed.

Well hell, at least we'll be sober in the morning.

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11-states-with-the-highest-suicide-rates-in-america-369825/11/
Guess those pretty mountains aren't the answer to everything.

BisonCardinal said:
NativeGriz said:
signedbewildered said:
NativeGriz said:

Well hell, at least we'll be sober in the morning.

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11-states-with-the-highest-suicide-rates-in-america-369825/11/
Guess those pretty mountains aren't the answer to everything.
After a bit of research, you will come to realize most of those people live in the border towns close to ND. All jokes aside there is a lot of poverty in certain areas which has been a part of that horrible situation-very high among Native Americans. You will also find a complete opposite polls that shows Montana's the happiest and take the great pride in where they live. http://www.businessinsider.com/happiest-state-rankings-2016-1 https://mic.com/articles/88603/the-happiest-people-in-america-don-t-live-in-new-york-or-california#.RU6tMHokI

NativeGriz said:
signedbewildered said:
NativeGriz said:

Are there more than two cities in North Dakota? Serious question.

Ursa Major said:
NativeGriz said:
signedbewildered said:
NativeGriz said:

Are there more than two cities in North Dakota? Serious question.
3 cities.....Fargo, Bismarck, Grand Forks
4 towns....Minot, Williston, Dickinson, Jamestown
And lots of dirt between light bulbs! :)

Go Griz!

Latest posts

Back