• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz top FCS in attendance for second-straight season

Once again reminded that we never had any problems with App State fans. Both fan bases respected the hell out of each other.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I wonder how much longer the T-Buff fans will try to convince everyone that (a) their arena doesn't actually suck a hot f*ck, and (b) their state isn't the worst ever and shouldn't be sold to Canada for seven snowballs and a case of Molson. They are doing so well at it already.

But, but, but, the oil money. Keep it, fatties. Ten years ago, you were waddling around killing yourselves on biscuits and gravy and gravy on gravy. Ten years from now, you'll be doing the same. In the interim, nobody has, or will ever, care about an arena team from Fargo. So, calm your mantits.

In other news, I just logged onto ShaggyTexas.com to learn them all on how Montana is a better state than Texas. I think I have them all convinced. It wasn't futile at all.

You most certainly care about the Bison. They are all you talk about. FYI, you derailed the thread by bringing up the Bison.

All three sentences are false. Three strikes. Now get the fuck out.

get'em_griz said:
Once again reminded that we never had any problems with App State fans. Both fan bases respected the hell out of each other.

I know, I agree. We don't have any issues with App State fans either. There is a ton of respect between the two programs.

Their coach even showed up for some of the Bison preseason meetings the year the Bison were going for the third national title in a row. He gave them some insight into how to handle the situation and the significance of winning three in a row. Seemed to have worked.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I wonder how much longer the T-Buff fans will try to convince everyone that (a) their arena doesn't actually suck a hot f*ck, and (b) their state isn't the worst ever and shouldn't be sold to Canada for seven snowballs and a case of Molson. They are doing so well at it already.

But, but, but, the oil money. Keep it, fatties. Ten years ago, you were waddling around killing yourselves on biscuits and gravy and gravy on gravy. Ten years from now, you'll be doing the same. In the interim, nobody has, or will ever, care about an arena team from Fargo. So, calm your mantits.

In other news, I just logged onto ShaggyTexas.com to learn them all on how Montana is a better state than Texas. I think I have them all convinced. It wasn't futile at all.

You most certainly care about the Bison. They are all you talk about. FYI, you derailed the thread by bringing up the Bison.

All three sentences are false. Three strikes. Now get the f*** out.

He's right '11. I think your sentences might all be false.

1.) He cares about the Bison, but we can't be certain.
2.) He talks about a lot of other stuff, but always chimes in when the Bison are mentioned.
3.) Lakerhater probably derailed it when he talked crap about only having 14,000 at a playoff game and then Everett talked crap about the dome and then CDA jumped on board and now here we are.

NativeGriz said:
yeager_fan said:
This whole thread is just proof on how far Grizzly football has fallen. The only thing they have to be proud about is their stadium and setting attendance records. Pitiful and you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. You were once better than this.
Seriously I don't think you are qualified to make any sort of judgement since you claim to have been to Montana and still think ND is better in almost every way. People like you are the reason there are ND joke books (2 or 3 editions). Anyway I don't see the point in trying to reason with you since it is like talking to a 3 year old. You don't have the mental capacity to understand what the adults are talking about.
http://www.alibris.com/The-North-Dakota-Joke-Book-Mike-Dalton/book/4723981

Settle down Native, no need for such hostile language. I have never said ND is better in every way, in fact, I stated on this thread that WaGriz is better than the dome and I will always agree that the snow skiing in MT is FAR superior to ND.

I stated that I prefer to live in ND (and have lived both places for a considerable amount of time). You don't know the reasons and you don't care to find out, because probably in your opinion, nothing in ND is as good as MT. I tend to disagree, both have great things to offer, it just so happens that the things I enjoy doing are better in ND than in MT. That is why my MT friends come here to do them.

2011BisonAlumni said:
jcu27 said:
yeager_fan said:
jcu27 said:
North Dakota State, where the farm animals are in danger of date rape.

Wait, what?!?! Date rape happens on college campuses... where?!?!

Everywhere..... In North Dakota the women are farm animals...

Easy to see how sexual assault was completely ignored at UM with disgusting attitudes like that.

Not even close to reality, but you knew that.

2011BisonAlumni said:
jcu27 said:
yeager_fan said:
jcu27 said:
North Dakota State, where the farm animals are in danger of date rape.

Wait, what?!?! Date rape happens on college campuses... where?!?!

Everywhere..... In North Dakota the women are farm animals...

Easy to see how sexual assault was completely ignored at UM with disgusting attitudes like that.

I see being PC makes you feel superior. In reality you're just a douche. Try laughing once. That is if your chins allow you to.

I've received some pushback from some on ShaggyTexas.com in trying to convince them that WaGriz isn't worse than DKR. I figure if I keep logging in to post about it, they will finally come around. They have to, right? Wish me the best, gents, I'm off to post some more about UM on ShaggyTexas.com. Those jerks will see it our way once and for all!

CDAGRIZ said:
I've received some pushback from some on ShaggyTexas.com in trying to convince them that WaGriz isn't worse than DKR. I figure if I keep logging in to post about it, they will finally come around. They have to, right? Wish me the best, gents, I'm off to post some more about UM on ShaggyTexas.com. Those jerks will see it our way once and for all!

Not even close to what happened here, but good try!

yeager_fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not even close to what happened here, but good try!

Ehh, sorta is, actually. CDA just did an excellent job of showing you how ridiculous you TBuffs sound.

Not to intrude too much with comments on general attendance trends, comparisons, etc. (interrupting the general pissing matches) ... but here's something I just noticed in the attendance numbers.

The article made the point that the Griz had better home attendance than seven teams from the Mountain West Conference, and better than a third of all FBS programs. So ... I started out wondering if the Griz out-drew any of the Power-Five teams. Near as I can tell, they do not.

But here's the thing: The Griz had better home attendance than any team in the Mid-America Conference (MAC). MAC teams, as most of you probably know, seem to be on TV all the time during the season. Of course, to do that, they play a lot during the week. Also, if I'm not mistaken, over half the teams in the conference went to bowl games.

I guess my take-away from all that is ... home attendance may be over-rated as a barometer of football success.

Just something to think about.

IdaGriz01 said:
Not to intrude too much with comments on general attendance trends, comparisons, etc. (interrupting the general pissing matches) ... but here's something I just noticed in the attendance numbers.

The article made the point that the Griz had better home attendance than seven teams from the Mountain West Conference, and better than a third of all FBS programs. So ... I started out wondering if the Griz out-drew any of the Power-Five teams. Near as I can tell, they do not.

But here's the thing: The Griz had better home attendance than any team in the Mid-America Conference (MAC). MAC teams, as most of you probably know, seem to be on TV all the time during the season. Of course, to do that, they play a lot during the week. Also, if I'm not mistaken, over half the teams in the conference went to bowl games.

I guess my take-away from all that is ... home attendance may be over-rated as a barometer of football success.

Just something to think about.

Wait... what? Stadiums and attendance do not predict the quality of a football team?

Ida, if not attendance, what WOULD be a good barometer of football success?

Latest posts

Back