• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs. Cal Poly Score Prediction

AZGrizFan said:
Robsnotes4u said:
nzone said:
Robsnotes4u said:
That's an excellent starting point! I will add, an offense like this wears you out. This will be a very close game at half time. In the second half, Cal Poly wears down the defense, resulting in a win by 13-17 points.
Ah rob I see your still in last nights fog...when the Griz pull this one out it'll be fun to watch you backtrack or even better refrain from posting here. The silence would be music to my ear :cool:
Griz.....31
poly.....21

No fog. :mrgreen: No backtracking. I am in the majority. :clap: If they win, good for the Griz. When Cal Poly wins, I will just sit back and enjoy the excuses. 1. Wags was held every play. 2. The coaches didn't let JJ run the offense. 3 More ref excuses. 4. If we had Henderson, and our Oline 5. etc., etc.,

By the way this is a prediction thread. Prediction threads are fantasy threads. Throw out a $250 to the closest score, then all of a sudden you will see the scores change and become more realistic. :thumb:

Pat on the back if they win. Good luck and enjoy the game

So, you DON'T think the Griz would be better if Henderson, Nacarrato, Poole, Schmaing, Counts, Nguyen, etc., etc., etc. were healthy and playing? You don't think the absence of 7-8 planned starters impacts their ability to operate effectively? The Griz offense was going to be young WITHOUT those losses...making THOSE losses that much more devastating. The fact you look at that as an "excuse" really shows your true colors.
Hey AZ, you were not impressed with Brown last season. Last night and this season change your mind any?

AZGrizFan said:
Robsnotes4u said:
nzone said:
Robsnotes4u said:
That's an excellent starting point! I will add, an offense like this wears you out. This will be a very close game at half time. In the second half, Cal Poly wears down the defense, resulting in a win by 13-17 points.
Ah rob I see your still in last nights fog...when the Griz pull this one out it'll be fun to watch you backtrack or even better refrain from posting here. The silence would be music to my ear :cool:
Griz.....31
poly.....21

No fog. :mrgreen: No backtracking. I am in the majority. :clap: If they win, good for the Griz. When Cal Poly wins, I will just sit back and enjoy the excuses. 1. Wags was held every play. 2. The coaches didn't let JJ run the offense. 3 More ref excuses. 4. If we had Henderson, and our Oline 5. etc., etc.,

By the way this is a prediction thread. Prediction threads are fantasy threads. Throw out a $250 to the closest score, then all of a sudden you will see the scores change and become more realistic. :thumb:

Pat on the back if they win. Good luck and enjoy the game

So, you DON'T think the Griz would be better if Henderson, Nacarrato, Poole, Schmaing, Counts, Nguyen, etc., etc., etc. were healthy and playing? You don't think the absence of 7-8 planned starters impacts their ability to operate effectively? The Griz offense was going to be young WITHOUT those losses...making THOSE losses that much more devastating. The fact you look at that as an "excuse" really shows your true colors.
Every team suffers the same problems.. Thank you for not blaming the refs on the vulnerability of the Griz.

You could say congratulations on being the closest prediction for score.. I did miss on the rushing yards, predicting 300.. Maybe I was only figuring Chris Brown's yards.

Damn Rob. You pretty much nailed the score while simultaneously torching some big mouth griz homers. Remind me to buy you a beer if I ever bump into you at a game haha.

IroneagleXP said:
Damn Rob. You pretty much nailed the score while simultaneously torching some big mouth griz homers. Remind me to buy you a beer if I ever bump into you at a game haha.

Hooray, I won something, a beer! That is awesome.

In case anyone wants to see, I did get a few good Griz pics at the game and some postgame interviews from Cal Poly. Thanks again to Brint for coming on my podcast earlier in the week. Good luck the rest of the season... -O http://www.fansmanship.com/?p=15706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robsnotes4u said:
AZGrizFan said:
Every team suffers the same problems.. Thank you for not blaming the refs on the vulnerability of the Griz.

Actually, every team DOESN"T suffer the same problems. But look what happens when they do...they lose to a team like NAU, who earlier lost to Nothern Fucking Colorado. SEVEN starters, just on offense, gone. Show me another team that's suffered that heavily and yet sits at 3-1, 5-3.

I can't find the refs thread but I was just watching the Bozeman news and they were talking about the Cats/Cal poly game showing highlights of griz and poly. One of the poly running backs scored a TD, ran to the ref in the corner of end zone. The ref puts his hands out for the ball and the kid throws the ball right at the refs feet, spinning it like a top like the pros do. To me, that was more of a blatant penalty than when the guy bowed after sacking your QB. I didn't see the play on Saturday. Was he flagged for it, or was that another one the BSC refs missed.

AZGrizFan said:
Robsnotes4u said:
AZGrizFan said:

Actually, every team DOESN"T suffer the same problems. But look what happens when they do...they lose to a team like NAU, who earlier lost to Nothern f***[*] Colorado. SEVEN starters, just on offense, gone. Show me another team that's suffered that heavily and yet sits at 3-1, 5-3.
Cal Poly. Lost 3 offensive starters before the season began (arrested) and three starting guards and a WR to injury. They have also lost several defensive players to injury.

Hey AZ. You never answered my question above. Last year you stated that you were not that impressed with Brown after the Portland State game. Saturday night and this season change your mind any?

Rich W said:
I can't find the refs thread but I was just watching the Bozeman news and they were talking about the Cats/Cal poly game showing highlights of griz and poly. One of the poly running backs scored a TD, ran to the ref in the corner of end zone. The ref puts his hands out for the ball and the kid throws the ball right at the refs feet, spinning it like a top like the pros do. To me, that was more of a blatant penalty than when the guy bowed after sacking your QB. I didn't see the play on Saturday. Was he flagged for it, or was that another one the BSC refs missed.

Unfortunately, my BSC Officials thread got taken over by a pissing match.... :evil:

I didn't see that , but I don't think a penalty was called. Sounds like another BSC whiff.

biga75 said:
Rich W said:

Unfortunately, my BSC Officials thread got taken over by a pissing match.... :evil:

I didn't see that , but I don't think a penalty was called. Sounds like another BSC whiff.

Sorry about that. Had to call out a dumbass for being.......

A dumbass

SloStang said:
AZGrizFan said:
Robsnotes4u said:
AZGrizFan said:

Actually, every team DOESN"T suffer the same problems. But look what happens when they do...they lose to a team like NAU, who earlier lost to Nothern f***[*] Colorado. SEVEN starters, just on offense, gone. Show me another team that's suffered that heavily and yet sits at 3-1, 5-3.
Cal Poly. Lost 3 offensive starters before the season began (arrested) and three starting guards and a WR to injury. They have also lost several defensive players to injury.

Hey AZ. You never answered my question above. Last year you stated that you were not that impressed with Brown after the Portland State game. Saturday night and this season change your mind any?
10 yards a carry by Brown with 21 carries.. ouch. AZ that was against the stud D wasn't it?. Were you missing the DL also?. Slostang, AZ doesnt do well with facts. Again every team deals with injuries, some deal with them better than others.. Champions don't make excuses.

SloStang said:
AZGrizFan said:
Robsnotes4u said:
AZGrizFan said:

I don't recall saying that about Brown. Don't even remember EVER commenting about him. And apparently, just like passing QB's before him, the Griz make EVERY QB look like a world beater. :lol: :lol:

Robsnotes4u said:
SloStang said:
AZGrizFan said:
Robsnotes4u said:

10 yards a carry by Brown with 21 carries.. ouch. AZ that was against the stud D wasn't it?. Were you missing the DL also?. Slostang, AZ doesnt do well with facts. Again every team deals with injuries, some deal with them better than others.. Champions don't make excuses.

Great. So we have the same record as Cal Poly. :thumb: Apparently we're dealing with it exactly as well as they are. :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
Robsnotes4u said:
AZGrizFan said:

Also add to the fact that we are also playing with 4 less scholarships due to sanctions, and it's amazing we're sitting at 5-3, 3-1. There are few, if any Big Sky teams, that could deal with all that and be sitting where the Griz are. Montana is pretty fortunate. Just wait until the sanctions are lifted and we've got everyone back. :thumb:

Robsnotes4u said:
SloStang said:
AZGrizFan said:
Robsnotes4u said:

Rob, I've been kind to you in previous posts as you are a wrestler and like to mix it up on here. But, you shouldn't equate reasons to excuses. AZ is correct - the Griz were young and inexperienced on the O/L to start with and the injury bug is compounding our challenges. Same can be said about other position groups to a lesser extent. These are reasons...used to explain; they are not "excuses." Let me put it to you in a language you'll understand. Jordan Burroughs - the most dominant wrestler in the world over the past 4-5 years lost in the semifinals of this year's world championships. He tore his MCL in his opening match. He made no excuses, but I think we can agree this was a reason for his third place finish this year. :?:

I'll concede the banter regarding the refs....well that's just excuses.

SoldierGriz said:
Robsnotes4u said:
SloStang said:
AZGrizFan said:

Rob, I've been kind to you in previous posts as you are a wrestler and like to mix it up on here. But, you shouldn't equate reasons to excuses. AZ is correct - the Griz were young and inexperienced on the O/L to start with and the injury bug is compounding our challenges. Same can be said about other position groups to a lesser extent. These are reasons...used to explain; they are not "excuses." Let me put it to you in a language you'll understand. Jordan Burroughs - the most dominant wrestler in the world over the past 4-5 years lost in the semifinals of this year's world championships. He tore his MCL in his opening match. He made no excuses, but I think we can agree this was a reason for his third place finish this year. :?:

I'll concede the banter regarding the refs....well that's just excuses.

I watched the Burroughs matches. Very good.

There is a fine line between reason and excuse. I would say this. Without knowing what the outcome would have been, it becomes an excuse. When both teams have players hurt, it is no longer a reason they lost, it is an excuse.

Excuse-an attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

Let me ask you this. If you were the Griz coach, and after the game, in the locker room you asked your players the following question one at a time;
"Why did we lose today?"

How would you respond to this answer?
"we were missing seven players on offense, coach"

Robsnotes4u said:
Let me ask you this. If you were the Griz coach, and after the game, in the locker room you asked your players the following question one at a time;
"Why did we lose today?"

How would you respond to this answer?
"we were missing seven players on offense, coach"

Stupid, stupid, stupid post. Sorry man, but that's why WE are fans and THEY are players. We are allowed to pontificate about what we think the reasons are behind a loss.

Rich W said:

There were at least 3 unsportsmanlike penalties they didn't get. But they made up for it with 2 bogus roughing calls against CP on JJ.

Latest posts

Back