• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs. Cal Poly Score Prediction

KingsValleyGriz said:
I am happy the Griz beat UCD. Davis moved the ball pretty well against us and owned the first half really.
If and it is a big if, we can continue offensively as we did in the 2nd half it could be good! Grady B during the Davis games made comment he hopes the coaches let JJ do what he does and make some plays with his feet, run some more zone read. Grady said JJ is in his Sr year let him play! I agree..

This was a nail bitter game at home last year. We had a more solid O line and offense that was clicking. being at Poly this could be tough.

Griz 24
Poly 27

Griz finish the season with only one more win over SUU. We come up short against Sac. Our secondary gets blown out by EWU and MSU.
Ah, I understand you are a fan of the "Girz," so probably don't usually root much for the Griz in the first place....

PDXGrizzly said:
With Cal Poly's option offense, our defense gets worked a bit then settles down. The Griz O comes alive with JJ throwing for 300 and either Van or Canada getting 150 on the ground. Griz win a nail biter 35-28 with the final touchdown being late I the 4th.

I agree that our D will get worked a bit with the multi-faceted Mustang rushing attack, and that is what scares me, is that our safeties will be sticking their nose in there at the line of scrimmage too quickly expecting a run when it's actually a play-fake and they hit us over the top for touchdowns, much like state did to UC Davis for lots of points. Our secondary will need to be ULTRA DISCIPLINED this weekend. Their first responsibility is defending the pass, and they need to remember that! (Hermanson is a very aggressive, hard-hitting run stopper...but Cal Poly is game planning to hit him deep...mark it down!)

:egriz:

If you ever want to make sure you do your 1/11th as a player this game is it. Gap sound and NO missed tackles.

Griz.....35
poly.....24

Go Griz!!

'68griz said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
I am happy the Griz beat UCD. Davis moved the ball pretty well against us and owned the first half really.
If and it is a big if, we can continue offensively as we did in the 2nd half it could be good! Grady B during the Davis games made comment he hopes the coaches let JJ do what he does and make some plays with his feet, run some more zone read. Grady said JJ is in his Sr year let him play! I agree..

This was a nail bitter game at home last year. We had a more solid O line and offense that was clicking. being at Poly this could be tough.

Griz 24
Poly 27

Griz finish the season with only one more win over SUU. We come up short against Sac. Our secondary gets blown out by EWU and MSU.
Ah, I understand you are a fan of the "Girz," so probably don't usually root much for the Griz in the first place....

68 I am a major fan of the Griz! Been a Griz fan for well over 30 years! If you go out on our porch right know Griz flag mounted. Also a closet full of Griz clothes, hats etc. I am just offering what I see. I would love to see the Griz win out. However with what we have seen surely leaves questions.

KingsValleyGriz said:
'68griz said:
KingsValleyGriz said:

Griz 24
Poly 27

68 I am a major fan of the Griz! Been a Griz fan for well over 30 years! If you go out on our porch right know Griz flag mounted. Also a closet full of Griz clothes, hats etc. I am just offering what I see. I would love to see the Griz win out. However with what we have seen surely leaves questions.
Oh, I'm sure you are, but I couldn't help but notice that your profile (on the right side) says you are a fan of the "Girz" -- and I had to comment.

'68griz said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
'68griz said:
KingsValleyGriz said:

Griz 24
Poly 27

Oh, I'm sure you are, but I couldn't help but notice that your profile (on the right side) says you are a fan of the "Girz" -- and I had to comment.

:thumb: been edited 68.. Thank you. Smart phone anyhow!!

KingsValleyGriz said:
'68griz said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
'68griz said:

eGriz Grammer police 1
KingsValleyGriz 0

1Griz_Fan said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
'68griz said:
KingsValleyGriz said:

eGriz Grammer police 1
KingsValleyGriz 0

Griz by 1
By either 1 point or 1 touchdown, either way its a W
Like any game it could be lopsided either way but I can't help but feel it will come down to the last few plays.
Glad to see us picked to loose by the sports net work, no target on our back. :clap:
I could see the Cats loosing in their bye :lol:

Score will be 42-38. Not sure who wins. Here's a podcast I did with Brint from EGriz yesterday to preview the game. http://www.fansmanship.com/podcast-episode-110-brint-wahlberg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Happy listening.

I have a feeling this is going to be a frustrating game for Griz fans to watch, one where Cal Poly controls the ball and clock, making each possession the Griz offense gets critical. The defense did a decent job last year at keeping the score close till the end, hoping for the same for the Griz to pull this one off.

GRIZ - 35

Cal Poly - 31

Latest posts

Back