• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs UNI Predictions

It’s mentioned we are young and inexperienced in key positions. Everyone agrees this is true about the offensive line. What other positions are we young and inexperienced at. Corner? I’m confident that Nash and Calhoun are experienced enough in their trade to hold the fort. Others?

Raider said:
4theluvofgriz said:
reinell30 said:
4theluvofgriz said:
We are too young and inexperienced at key positions.

UNI 27
Griz 17

I have so much confidence in Bobby Hauck, his coaches and this team that it really scares me when I read comments like this. I hope you are dead wrong with your prediction....

I always use logic when I make observations, and leave the predictions made "from the heart" to the others. I like to discuss football from a reality angle, and many fans like to forego logic for hope. That is totally O.K., but there is a place among fans who understand the game of football for discussions based on reality too. I too hope my prediction is wrong, and would love to see the Griz kick their asses. But, WIU is ranked #12 for a reason, and we have too many question marks for me to predict an upset.

I completley agree with. If you step back and look at this logically and objectively from position group to position group, this could/should be a lopsided game in UNI's favor.

I am hoping that the emotion, effort and energy of the Griz keeps it close, but that can also work in the other direction.

Agreed. While the head coach is very important, it still comes down to the players. Bobby will build us into a national power again, just not this year, or probably next year. I believe Bobby would be the first to tell you that there are lots of question marks going into the first game.

bigkid said:
It’s mentioned we are young and inexperienced in key positions. Everyone agrees this is true about the offensive line. What other positions are we young and inexperienced at. Corner? I’m confident that Nash and Calhoun are experienced enough in their trade to hold the fort. Others?

Oline/QB/Secondary/LB(with Buss iffy).

Our most experienced group is at WR, which is a moot point if you have question marks on the offensive line and at QB. Even the defensive line, which everyone is excited about, is only bring back 2 of 4 starters from last year, and breaking in two new d-ends.

I don't know which one of the mods was sober enough to have a lucid thought but I really like the new format. :clap: :thumb:

4theluvofgriz said:
Raider said:
4theluvofgriz said:
reinell30 said:
I have so much confidence in Bobby Hauck, his coaches and this team that it really scares me when I read comments like this. I hope you are dead wrong with your prediction....

I always use logic when I make observations, and leave the predictions made "from the heart" to the others. I like to discuss football from a reality angle, and many fans like to forego logic for hope. That is totally O.K., but there is a place among fans who understand the game of football for discussions based on reality too. I too hope my prediction is wrong, and would love to see the Griz kick their asses. But, WIU is ranked #12 for a reason, and we have too many question marks for me to predict an upset.

I completley agree with. If you step back and look at this logically and objectively from position group to position group, this could/should be a lopsided game in UNI's favor.

I am hoping that the emotion, effort and energy of the Griz keeps it close, but that can also work in the other direction.

Agreed. While the head coach is very important, it still comes down to the players. Bobby will build us into a national power again, just not this year, or probably next year. I believe Bobby would be the first to tell you that there are lots of question marks going into the first game.

I'm pretty sure Bobby is planning on winning saturday.

Hope Montana wins big, but I think realistically I think it's more like Montana 27 uni 20 send Farley back to cedar falls bitching and moaning.

If the Griz limit mistakes and execute well with the new offense and defense

Griz-27
UNI-20

If the Griz make mistakes or do not adapt well to the new schemes

UNI-31
Griz-17

Maxim said:
If the Griz limit mistakes and execute well with the new offense and defense

Griz-27
UNI-20

If the Griz make mistakes or do not adapt well to the new schemes

UNI-31
Griz-17
Excuses.png

4theluvofgriz said:
reinell30 said:
4theluvofgriz said:

UNI 27
Griz 17

I feel like some of your "logic" based observations and "reality angle" viewpoint may be called into question as the Griz are not playing Western Illinois this weekend. ;)

SaskGriz said:
4theluvofgriz said:
reinell30 said:
4theluvofgriz said:

UNI 27
Griz 17

I feel like some of your "logic" based observations and "reality angle" viewpoint may be called into question as the Griz are not playing Western Illinois this weekend. ;)

I am hoping this team has intangibles that will compensate for the lack of experience. griz can win this game.

My take on the offensive line is the interior seems ok. I’m really unsure about the tackles. Me thinks they will need some tight end help. We’ll know tomorrow night tho.
Go Griz!!

So many unknowns going into this one. With the return of Bobby & the surprises he can have with his new schemes, I feel like the Griz will have the edge. We will see another set of learning curves begin, but hopefully the team is able to limit the mistakes & put together a solid showing.

GRIZ - 31

Northern Iowa - 28

SaskGriz said:
4theluvofgriz said:
reinell30 said:
4theluvofgriz said:

UNI 27
Griz 17

Dementia and delusions. A common bobcat symptom.

retiredpopo said:
Griz 103 uni 0. Yup Sneed will actually throw a ball over mt sentinel in the 1st quarter and in the 4th quarter jlm will run out and catch that same ball for the final td as it re-enters wgs.

Griz have a Mini-Ditka???

Back