• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gustafson gonna be the man again this year?

kemajic said:
brewskis said:
Brady's confidence and decisiveness is what is really impressive.
I guess you missed his last game. Hard to erase that memory. Worst Griz QB performance since Edwards vs. MSU 2002.

Daddy did buy the turf for the next year so Joe's mind was already made up.

fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:
brewskis said:
I guess you missed his last game. Hard to erase that memory. Worst Griz QB performance since Edwards vs. MSU 2002.

It amazes me that all these years later, some of you are still fucking stupid and naïve enough to believe this. :roll:

BWahlberg said:
UMAlum said:
Phillips did have one main advantage over Gus in that scrum. He had Louie-McGee to throw to.

JLM against our backup secondary just wasn't fair this spring.
JLM and Fa'atuise were both late additions to last year's class....JLM a walk-on if I remember correctly. Those were some damn good pick-ups.

Raider said:
fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:
brewskis said:

It amazes me that all these years later, some of you are still f***[*] stupid and naïve enough to believe this. :roll:

Well convince us otherwise.

fanofzoo said:
Raider said:
fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:

It amazes me that all these years later, some of you are still f***[*] stupid and naïve enough to believe this. :roll:

I don’t want to get into this, again. If you are stupid enough to believe that Joe Glenn named John a starter (over both Nick Walker and then Brandon Neill) because of Cliff’s donation than I cannot help you. This isn’t fucking junior high school ball were your daddy can politic your way into the starting job.

I wish everyone of you could have been on the sideline for the 2002 Cat/Griz game, and witnessed what happened between Joe, John and Brandon and then guys like Kem would understand what did (and more importantly didn’t) happen. I’ll leave it at that…………..

I don’t need to “convince” you of anything. If you are naïve enough to believe that then your mind is made up. Besides, it’s pointless old history that some of you are hell bent on bringing up every time there is a discussion about QBs.

Raider said:
fanofzoo said:
Raider said:
fanofzoo said:

I don’t want to get into this, again. If you are stupid enough to believe that Joe Glenn named John a starter (over both Nick Walker and then Brandon Neill) because of Cliff’s donation than I cannot help you. This isn’t f***[*] junior high school ball were your daddy can politic your way into the starting job.

I wish everyone of you could have been on the sideline for the 2002 Cat/Griz game, and witnessed what happened between Joe, John and Brandon and then guys like Kem would understand what did (and more importantly didn’t) happen. I’ll leave it at that…………..

I don’t need to “convince” you of anything. If you are naïve enough to believe that then your mind is made up. Besides, it’s pointless old history that some of you are hell bent on bringing up every time there is a discussion about QBs.

Hear much flapping but no details or maybe it did happen :shock:

What about the grassy knoll or you still believe the "magic" bullet theory.

Raider said:
fanofzoo said:
Raider said:
fanofzoo said:

I don’t want to get into this, again. If you are stupid enough to believe that Joe Glenn named John a starter (over both Nick Walker and then Brandon Neill) because of Cliff’s donation than I cannot help you. This isn’t f***[*] junior high school ball were your daddy can politic your way into the starting job.

I agree with you. John was the starter because he was the best QB-nothing to do with cliff....at least he was the best until he got hurt and that was my point earlier - He shouldn't have started against EW, but we were on something like win #17in a roll at that point and JG probably felt it was John's team. IMO, JE rests against EW and then he probably would have been more effective against msu. Brandon should have been given a chance in the EWU game. I don't blame BN for being frustrated watching JE play way below his ability with a healthy QB on the sidelines. Side note: before the injuries, there wasn't a team remotely as good as the Griz that year in all of 1AA. If I recall correctly earlier in the year we are beating 1A Idaho on the road while cats are losing to an NAIA team at home, but then the injuries started.

The_Real_Chief said:
Brady is THE MAN. He will put up big numbers this year.
I hope you're right. I don't think you are but I'm still hoping. Unfortunately I think Gus is just too much of a basket case to stay consistent. When he's on he's good but as soon as he gets flustered, be it from dropped passes, his own mistakes or pressure from the defense, he loses it and when he's off he's bad. Will we see a change this year? It's possible better pass blocking from a hopefully improved O line, the establishment of a run game and another year in the system should go a long way toward helping. Just my $.02

brewskis said:
The_Real_Chief said:
He was up against a pretty solid defense as well. I think we're forgetting that a lot here.

And according to some of those reporting at the scrimmage he was making similar mistakes and showing the same issues he did 3&4qtrs SDSU and NDSU. I'm pulling for him to improve on these tendencies or I fear "pretty solid defenses" will own him next year.

horribilisfan8184 said:
brewskis said:
The_Real_Chief said:
He was up against a pretty solid defense as well. I think we're forgetting that a lot here.

And according to some of those reporting at the scrimmage he was making similar mistakes and showing the same issues he did 3&4qtrs SDSU and NDSU. I'm pulling for him to improve on these tendencies or I fear "pretty solid defenses" will own him next year.
We MIGHT have a solid defense. No one really knows on that.

RobGriz said:
The_Real_Chief said:
I hope you're right. I don't think you are but I'm still hoping. Unfortunately I think Gus is just too much of a basket case to stay consistent. When he's on he's good but as soon as he gets flustered, be it from dropped passes, his own mistakes or pressure from the defense, he loses it and when he's off he's bad. Will we see a change this year? It's possible better pass blocking from a hopefully improved O line, the establishment of a run game and another year in the system should go a long way toward helping. Just my $.02

I can certainly see Gus coming back from lasts year's inconsistencies and having an improved year. I can also see him struggling too. What I just can't see is Gus being a legit NFL prospect. Not right now at least......

One thing I noticed at the last two scrimmages, especially the 1st string D, they would change their call after Brady changed the play and would know where the ball was going. You could hear all of them hollering and pointing, almost every time thats where the play went. I don't remember being this deep in a long time at most all positions, totally different team than last year at this time, or even last year in the fall. Lots to be excited about.

Back