• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck

kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
Absolutely – he was handed the keys to a Ferrari, then drove it until the wheels came off… at best his record is sketchy...
You are an idiot. Montana had lost three of its last four games when Hauck took over. There was no QB with any experience at the start of 2003. That was not a Ferrari.

The last game The Griz won prior to BH taking over was winning the National Championship!! YES IT WAS A FERRARI... LOL.. what a tool you are!! :clap: :clap: :thumb: ...

never won it again from that point forward...
Just keep spouting crap when you can't even get your facts straight. Here are the results of the last four games in 2002 before Hauck took over in 2003. It's probably news to you that we won the NC in 2001.

11/16/02 EWU 30; UM 21 (Spokane, WA)
11/23/02 MSU 10; UM 7 (Missoula)
11/30/02 UM 45; Northwestern St. 14 (Missoula)
12/7/02 McNeese St. 24; UM 20 (Lake Charles, LA)

Yep - winning the NC then going deep the next year sure is the definition of inheriting a "shit program".. and yes.. you are the tool for not thinking BH took over a stellar program!

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:
You are an idiot. Montana had lost three of its last four games when Hauck took over. There was no QB with any experience at the start of 2003. That was not a Ferrari.

The last game The Griz won prior to BH taking over was winning the National Championship!! YES IT WAS A FERRARI... LOL.. what a tool you are!! :clap: :clap: :thumb: ...

Just keep spouting crap when you can't even get your facts straight. Here are the results of the last four games in 2002 before Hauck took over in 2003. It's probably news to you that we won the NC in 2001.

4 games do not give an accurate description of where the program stands.
It's not real consistent with a "Ferrari", is it....

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Butte5518 said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Butte5518 said:
IMHO the love affair with BH is like that of your high school sweetheart... for 20 years you wanted her back then at the reunion you realize she is not all you remember he to be... 15-49 equates to a really ugly old girlfriend...

STUPID

What was Sabans record at Michigan State? 34-24-1

Did that preclude him from being hired as LSU's coach?-NO

He sucked as the Miami Dolphins head coach...losing overall record...has since created arguably the best D1 program to have ever played the game these last 10 years

that fact that you think Saban "created" success at Alabama excludes you from this conversation any further... :lol: ... now aren't you feeling a bit "STUPID" about your comment?

Reading comprehension champ, may want to practice up on it.

Im sorry... does "create" have a different meaning to you? .... champ....

Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:

Yep - winning the NC then going deep the next year sure is the definition of inheriting a "shit program".. and yes.. you are the tool for not thinking BH took over a stellar program!
But when UM was at the NC in his last two years, BH ran the program into the ground. Can't make this stuff up. Wise one, try naming the QBs that were available to BH at the start of 2003. Oh, I forgot, you haven't gotten anything right yet, so why expect anything here....

Not trolling, had a co-worker tell me. Again, though, far from verified. I thought there might be some info here, since he received several texts.

Butte5518 said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Butte5518 said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
STUPID

What was Sabans record at Michigan State? 34-24-1

Did that preclude him from being hired as LSU's coach?-NO

He sucked as the Miami Dolphins head coach...losing overall record...has since created arguably the best D1 program to have ever played the game these last 10 years

that fact that you think Saban "created" success at Alabama excludes you from this conversation any further... :lol: ... now aren't you feeling a bit "STUPID" about your comment?

Arguably the best D1 program to have ever played the game these last 10 years. So, like I said-over the past decade, he brought a program that really hadn't done much since the early 90's into an absolute powerhouse.

kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:

But when UM was at the NC in his last two years, BH ran the program into the ground. Can't make this stuff up. Wise one, try naming the QBs that were available to BH at the start of 2003.

Kem I’d just stop, you’ve explained it enough that a 6 year old should’ve gotten it and he still can’t grasp that we didn’t win an NC in 2002.

ranco said:
Not trolling, had a co-worker tell me. Again, though, far from verified. I thought there might be some info here, since he received several texts.

hmm, hopefully something official pops up here soon

The last two Cat/Griz games were weird to me, because really that is the first time I think in forever I felt like the Cats were the tougher, more fired up, aggressive team. Even during the Kramer years I always felt the Griz were likely to win because they wanted it, they had the confidence, and they knew they were going to win. Most of the time, even when we won, I felt the Griz were much more physical and dominant. There was no statisically reason that we should have won this year, but I felt confident we could because of how last year went - Choate's teams play hard wire to wire, where Stitt teams played like Ash teams - impossible to stop when things are going right, but when things hit the fan they got soft and fizzled. Hauck teams never did that.

http://buttesports.com/bringing-bobby-hauck-back-to-grizzlies-is-a-no-brainer/

It just seems like to good of a match at this point... I think i would be more dissapointed if Bobby Hauck wasn't the next coach at Montana.

CatzWillRise said:
The last two Cat/Griz games were weird to me, because really that is the first time I think in forever I felt like the Cats were the tougher, more fired up, aggressive team. Even during the Kramer years I always felt the Griz were likely to win because they wanted it, they had the confidence, and they knew they were going to win. Most of the time, even when we won, I felt the Griz were much more physical and dominant. There was no statisically reason that we should have won this year, but I felt confident we could because of how last year went - Choate's teams play hard wire to wire, where Stitt teams played like Ash teams - impossible to stop when things are going right, but when things hit the fan they got soft and fizzled. Hauck teams never did that.

Catz, I appreciate your posts and contributions to the discussions on egriz...and I’ve heard a few cat die-hards (friends of mine) echo what you stated above. I’m curious what your thoughts on a second hauck tenure are? My neighbor, a MSU grad/active alum/season ticket holder stated this morning (I’m paraphrasing here): surprised but impressed um recognized the mistake and made the change, the thought of hauck back was something he was not looking forward to.

Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:

Its called "Swagger" better get used to it cause it's coming back

Butte5518 said:
hilinegrizfan said:
Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:

IMHO the love affair with BH is like that of your high school sweetheart... for 20 years you wanted her back then at the reunion you realize she is not all you remember he to be... 15-49 equates to a really ugly old girlfriend...

Of course it would be much harder to build a powerhouse when you are a bottom dweller with no real passionate fan-base or amazing facilites... Montana can give him the tools he needs to succeed.

Nobody mentioned building a "powerhouse" at UNLV.. but would a "great" coach not have had just a little bit of success in a conference that includes programs that are equally tough to recruit to? BH had NO SUCCESS.. NONE!!

UNLV has been to 3 bowl games in the history of their program, and Bobby was coach for 1 of them....

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Butte5518 said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Butte5518 said:

Arguably the best D1 program to have ever played the game these last 10 years. So, like I said-over the past decade, he brought a program that really hadn't done much since the early 90's into an absolute powerhouse.

I will give you that argument but it gets back to my original point of "what has BH EVER CREATED?" We all know his success of taking over a winning program, but he has failed miserably at turning one around...

TCCGRIZ said:
Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:

Its called "Swagger" better get used to it cause it's coming back

OK... if you call averaging 10 losses every year for 5 straight years in his last gig as having "swagger".. then lets grab him!!

Brother Bear said:

It just seems like to good of a match at this point... I think i would be more dissapointed if Bobby Hauck wasn't the next coach at Montana.

That article is three years old.

Ringneck said:
Brother Bear said:

That article is three years old.

I was thinking the same thing but a lot of what is said in the article has been talked about in this thread.

Back