• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck

Butte5518 said:
EverettGriz said:
I'll admit, I find it interesting that the Hauck lovers give him a pass for his awful record at UNLV, but consistently talk about how Stitt only won 60% of his games at Mines. Both are difficult places at which to recruit athletes comparable to your opponents. Why the discrepancy in how they are viewed?

like I said, BH did not build the success he had at UM, he was handed the keys to a Ferrari, then drove it until the wheels came off… He has NEVER built, or re-built a program for that matter and he had 6 years at UNLV and failed miserably...

I share your concerns.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
tothemax said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Never setting foot there is a lifetime goal.

Ahh. You gotta go at least once.

Yeah it's actually getting more family-orientated all the time. Gambling/drinking isn't the only game in town anymore.

That's true. I drove there and back last weekend, and I can confirm that it is still a two-night town. I'm beginning to think it's more of a one night town at my advanced age. The flights from my area are the funniest, though, with all the pros commuting there for the weekend.

Pretty funny flying from MSO too. Especially since many of the same people are on the next return flight (Fri-Mon). There are some haggard and damn rough looking Missoulians on that flight! :lol:

EverettGriz said:
Butte5518 said:
EverettGriz said:
I'll admit, I find it interesting that the Hauck lovers give him a pass for his awful record at UNLV, but consistently talk about how Stitt only won 60% of his games at Mines. Both are difficult places at which to recruit athletes comparable to your opponents. Why the discrepancy in how they are viewed?

like I said, BH did not build the success he had at UM, he was handed the keys to a Ferrari, then drove it until the wheels came off… He has NEVER built, or re-built a program for that matter and he had 6 years at UNLV and failed miserably...

I share your concerns.

Agreed.

AZDoc said:
EverettGriz said:
Butte5518 said:
EverettGriz said:

I share your concerns.

Agreed.

IMHO the love affair with BH is like that of your high school sweetheart... for 20 years you wanted her back then at the reunion you realize she is not all you remember he to be... 15-49 equates to a really ugly old girlfriend...

Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:
EverettGriz said:
Butte5518 said:

I share your concerns.

Agreed.

IMHO the love affair with BH is like that of your high school sweetheart... for 20 years you wanted her back then at the reunion you realize she is not all you remember he to be... 15-49 equates to a really ugly old girlfriend...

But isn't comparing UM to UNLV kind of like comparing apples to oranges? UM is the Alabama of the FCS as far as facilites and reputation go (minus the past 5 years). He is going to have more at his disposal to recruit the talent and build the type of program he wants. Building at UNLV is like if he went to Savannah state and tried to win championships. Of course it would be much harder to build a powerhouse when you are a bottom dweller with no real passionate fan-base or amazing facilites... Montana can give him the tools he needs to succeed.

EverettGriz said:
Butte5518 said:
EverettGriz said:

I share your concerns.

I understand the concerns some have but I’m not necessarily sure that a “rebuild” is what we have going on here. More like a good tuning up. Just my $.02

Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:
EverettGriz said:
Butte5518 said:

I share your concerns.

Agreed.

Speak for yourself. My old girlfriends are still pretty dang cute.

hilinegrizfan said:
Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:
EverettGriz said:
I share your concerns.

Agreed.

Of course it would be much harder to build a powerhouse when you are a bottom dweller with no real passionate fan-base or amazing facilites... Montana can give him the tools he needs to succeed.

Nobody mentioned building a "powerhouse" at UNLV.. but would a "great" coach not have had just a little bit of success in a conference that includes programs that are equally tough to recruit to? BH had NO SUCCESS.. NONE!!

RobGriz said:
EverettGriz said:
Butte5518 said:
EverettGriz said:

I share your concerns.

I understand the concerns some have but I’m not necessarily sure that a “rebuild” is what we have going on here. More like a good tuning up. Just my $.02

:thumb:

Butte5518 said:
hilinegrizfan said:
Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:

Of course it would be much harder to build a powerhouse when you are a bottom dweller with no real passionate fan-base or amazing facilites... Montana can give him the tools he needs to succeed.

Nobody mentioned building a "powerhouse" at UNLV.. but would a "great" coach not have had just a little bit of success in a conference that includes programs that are equally tough to recruit to? BH had NO SUCCESS.. NONE!!

In on of his seasons he went 7-6 so one could make the argument he is one of the winningest coaches to ever be at the helm of UNLV...

hilinegrizfan said:
Butte5518 said:

In on of his seasons he went 7-6 so one could make the argument he is one of the winningest coaches to ever be at the helm of UNLV...

uummmmmm - his best seasons record was worse than that of Stitt who was fired yesterday... BH is FAR from a proven entity and not one that I would bet on for future success for a program that is simply average...

I hate to be an I told you so, but I did tell you so... BH HAD a legacy, unfortunately that legacy was built when he inherited a sports car then proceeded to drive those wheels off.... his legacy is built on other people's coaching skills... yesterday is just another prime example of that!

hilinegrizfan said:
Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:
EverettGriz said:
I share your concerns.

Agreed.

But isn't comparing UM to UNLV kind of like comparing apples to oranges? UM is the Alabama of the FCS as far as facilites and reputation go (minus the past 5 years). He is going to have more at his disposal to recruit the talent and build the type of program he wants. Building at UNLV is like if he went to Savannah state and tried to win championships. Of course it would be much harder to build a powerhouse when you are a bottom dweller with no real passionate fan-base or amazing facilites... Montana can give him the tools he needs to succeed.

So you would agree it's similarly ridiculous to talk negatively about what Stitt did at Mines? I just don't understand how Hauck gets a pass because UNLV is a tough place to recruit to, but Stitt doesn't.

EverettGriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:
Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:

So you would agree it's similarly ridiculous to talk negatively about what Stitt did at Mines? I just don't understand how Hauck gets a pass because UNLV is a tough place to recruit to, but Stitt doesn't.

because bobby has well-proven success at this level.

Hauck comes with any number of concerns, but the notion he just drove the “caddy” maintenance free is garbage. He had seven seasons there, six where they recruited players. He may have been the beneficiary of inheriting a strong program but it didn’t just sustain itself, because he basically matched, minus the National Championship, the records of Mick Dennehy & cowboy Joe combined.’

Butte5518 said:
hilinegrizfan said:
Butte5518 said:
hilinegrizfan said:

uummmmmm - his best seasons record was worse than that of Stitt who was fired yesterday... BH is FAR from a proven entity and not one that I would bet on for future success for a program that is simply average...
He is proven at this level. 80-17 is proven AF. Stitt has not proved himself at this level, or the D2 Level.

You can say what you want but there is no way bobby hauck would let the cats deny him from the playoffs two years in a row and have the cats run almost 700 yards on him in those two games....

EverettGriz said:
Butte5518 said:
EverettGriz said:

I share your concerns.

No question that there will be concerns no matter who we bring in as coach but I will say that I do miss the attitude, toughness and types of teams we had when Bobby Hauck was here. To me those teams were built the way most championship teams are built, solid run game and good defense.

Butte5518 said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Butte5518 said:
i_the_sky said:
The mans resume speaks for itself It's impeccable.. Any player that does his homework would die to play for Bobby!!! I think this is a no-brainier!! I'd give him 5 years to life and be done with it! I thank coach Stitt but it is time to regroup...

Good Lord - he was 15-49 in his last gig as head coach and is a "special teams coordinator" now after getting fired at UNLV... Impeccable?? :lol: :lol:

Yeah. It's not like he did that well after he left and we are not nearly in the same situation to just dominate right out the gate the way he did when he first came in.

Absolutely – he was handed the keys to a Ferrari, then drove it until the wheels came off… at best his record is sketchy...
You are an idiot. Montana had lost three of its last four games when Hauck took over. There was no QB with any experience at the start of 2003. That was not a Ferrari.

The wheels were coming off when we were in NC game his last two years? What an imagination.

hilinegrizfan said:
EverettGriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:
Butte5518 said:

because bobby has well-proven success at this level.

No, I understand that. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about why he's given a pass at UNLV and Stitt isn't at Mines. If you want to say Stitt was fired here for his record here, fine. But it makes no sense to say Stitt's always been a .600 coach out of one side of your mouth and say that Hauck is nothing but a success out of the other.

Nice thing about Hauck you know the team will be ready to roll from beginning to end. Not to mention when we kick off everyone will have confidence in the kick off coverage. We don’t need another coaching experiment at this point. Hire someone who is tried and tested and doesn’t need to learn how to be a head coach at this level. The Stitt days are over...done! Haslem better not screw this up!

grizrgood said:
EverettGriz said:
Butte5518 said:
EverettGriz said:

I share your concerns.

No question that there will be concerns no matter who we bring in as coach but I will say that I do miss the attitude, toughness and types of teams we had when Bobby Hauck was here. To me those teams were built the way most championship teams are built, solid run game and good defense.

Do you think then, if Bobby gets the job he should cut Vika? He has been really outspoken about Ken't comment on a lack of toughness. He really took offense to that and said he'll put the 2017 team's toughness up against anyone elses. Other players have had a similar reaction. So, I'm guessing if Vika thinks the Griz are already tough, he isn't the right guy for Hauck then, based on what you posted.

Latest posts

Back