• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck

hilinegrizfan said:
Butte5518 said:
hilinegrizfan said:
Butte5518 said:
Nobody mentioned building a "powerhouse" at UNLV.. but would a "great" coach not have had just a little bit of success in a conference that includes programs that are equally tough to recruit to? BH had NO SUCCESS.. NONE!!

In on of his seasons he went 7-6 so one could make the argument he is one of the winningest coaches to ever be at the helm of UNLV...

uummmmmm - his best seasons record was worse than that of Stitt who was fired yesterday... BH is FAR from a proven entity and not one that I would bet on for future success for a program that is simply average...
He is proven at this level. 80-17 is proven AF. Stitt has not proved himself at this level, or the D2 Level.

You can say what you want but there is no way bobby hauck would let the cats deny him from the playoffs two years in a row and have the cats run almost 700 yards on him in those two games....

Exactly!! There is a difference between losing a game and losing one that is an embarrassment to the program. There is a difference between winning at and recruiting at Montana (which in terms of the FCS I view in a similar position to Alabama prior to Saban arriving) and winning at and recruiting at UNLV.

No one has ever been successful at UNLV. They are a member of probably the best group of 5 conference and their facilities are a joke compared to ours even. Geographically they have to compete against the PAC 12 for athletes good enough to compete with Boise St, Colorado State, Air Force, and New Mexico who traditionally pulls many of their athletes from the football factories in Texas. It's just apples to oranges. I was in Vegas after his one bowl game appearance and the fans down there thought he was Bear Bryant. The job is different, the expectations are different, and the yardstick of success is different.

EverettGriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:
EverettGriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:
But isn't comparing UM to UNLV kind of like comparing apples to oranges? UM is the Alabama of the FCS as far as facilites and reputation go (minus the past 5 years). He is going to have more at his disposal to recruit the talent and build the type of program he wants. Building at UNLV is like if he went to Savannah state and tried to win championships. Of course it would be much harder to build a powerhouse when you are a bottom dweller with no real passionate fan-base or amazing facilites... Montana can give him the tools he needs to succeed.

So you would agree it's similarly ridiculous to talk negatively about what Stitt did at Mines? I just don't understand how Hauck gets a pass because UNLV is a tough place to recruit to, but Stitt doesn't.

because bobby has well-proven success at this level.

No, I understand that. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about why he's given a pass at UNLV and Stitt isn't at Mines. If you want to say Stitt was fired here for his record here, fine. But it makes no sense to say Stitt's always been a .600 coach out of one side of your mouth and say that Hauck is nothing but a success out of the other.

Hauck has PROVEN SUCCESS AT THE FCS LEVEL. thats why he gets a pass for UNLV. that is the difference between him and stitt. it's pretty plain and simple. need me to make a colorful chart with graphics?

In a nut shell I think players liked Stitt...players respect Hauck. Two entirely different attitudes.

nzone said:
In a nut shell I think players liked Stitt...players respect Hauck. Two entirely different attitudes.

+1000

Parents who try to be liked and be friends with their kids raise little a$$holes that are entitled and lack discipline.

The same can be said of coaches....

northendzonecrazy said:
nzone said:

+1000

Parents who try to be liked and be friends with their kids raise little a$$holes that are entitled and lack discipline.

Wow, I don't see ANY of that in Stitt's players, and I've been around them alot, especially the last three weeks.

kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Butte5518 said:
Good Lord - he was 15-49 in his last gig as head coach and is a "special teams coordinator" now after getting fired at UNLV... Impeccable?? :lol: :lol:

Yeah. It's not like he did that well after he left and we are not nearly in the same situation to just dominate right out the gate the way he did when he first came in.

Absolutely – he was handed the keys to a Ferrari, then drove it until the wheels came off… at best his record is sketchy...
You are an idiot. Montana had lost three of its last four games when Hauck took over. There was no QB with any experience at the start of 2003. That was not a Ferrari.

The wheels were coming off when we were in NC game his last two years? What an imagination.

he lost 49 games in 5 years... but by all means I am the idiot for pointing that out to you corky!!

George Ferguson said:
northendzonecrazy said:
nzone said:

+1000

Wow, I don't see ANY of that in Stitt's players, and I've been around them alot, especially the last three weeks.

When it relates to athletes and coaching I don't necessarily mean it regarding how they are as people. It's more directed at how they play and the attitude and swagger that they carry themselves with.

When Weber was waxing us and Stitt gave his halftime interview on the way into the locker room, he was smiling and downplaying the catastrophe that just occurred. "Meh, no big deal. We'll keep fighting". Do you really think anyone on that team feared Big Bad Stitt? I cant even remember any times that I ever saw him really get in their face when a player was screwing up on the field. You just can't win as a nice guy coach. That nice guy attitude was apparent with the product on the field.

George Ferguson said:
grizrgood said:
EverettGriz said:
Butte5518 said:
like I said, BH did not build the success he had at UM, he was handed the keys to a Ferrari, then drove it until the wheels came off… He has NEVER built, or re-built a program for that matter and he had 6 years at UNLV and failed miserably...

I share your concerns.

No question that there will be concerns no matter who we bring in as coach but I will say that I do miss the attitude, toughness and types of teams we had when Bobby Hauck was here. To me those teams were built the way most championship teams are built, solid run game and good defense.

Do you think then, if Bobby gets the job he should cut Vika? He has been really outspoken about Ken't comment on a lack of toughness. He really took offense to that and said he'll put the 2017 team's toughness up against anyone elses. Other players have had a similar reaction. So, I'm guessing if Vika thinks the Griz are already tough, he isn't the right guy for Hauck then, based on what you posted.

What I am saying is that’s what it looks like to me from the stands watching the games, sidelines etc. I’m not an insider nor do I know the coaches personally. Montana football to ME is tough, fundamentaly sound, swagger, respect, attitude etc. I liked our teams and they way they played the games while Hauck was the coach. I’ve been a season ticket holder since the Don Reed days and have great respect for all the coaching staffs before BH. It’s not my intention to offend, I just haven’t seen a lot of that since BH left. Delaney teams were the closest to that type product since then IMO.

northendzonecrazy said:
George Ferguson said:
northendzonecrazy said:
nzone said:

+1000

When it relates to athletes and coaching I don't necessarily mean it regarding how they are as people. It's more directed at how they play and the attitude and swagger that they carry themselves with.

When Weber was waxing us and Stitt gave his halftime interview on the way into the locker room, he was smiling and downplaying the catastrophe that just occurred. "Meh, no big deal. We'll keep fighting". Do you really think anyone on that team feared Big Bad Stitt? I cant even remember any times that I ever saw him really get in their face when a player was screwing up on the field. You just can't win as a nice guy coach. That nice guy attitude was apparent with the product on the field.

Still don't agree, I don't the Griz players played like they were entitled to anything. I think they wroked their assess off as hard as they possibly could for themselves, for their teammates, this program, the university and the fans. I don't care what Stitt's demeanor was, the team did not lack a work ethic or discipline for that matter. They didn't get the results out of it, but it wasn't for a lack of hard work. That goes for Stitt too. He spent 20 hours a day on it, just like every other football coach does.

kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Butte5518 said:
Good Lord - he was 15-49 in his last gig as head coach and is a "special teams coordinator" now after getting fired at UNLV... Impeccable?? :lol: :lol:

Yeah. It's not like he did that well after he left and we are not nearly in the same situation to just dominate right out the gate the way he did when he first came in.

Absolutely – he was handed the keys to a Ferrari, then drove it until the wheels came off… at best his record is sketchy...
You are an idiot. Montana had lost three of its last four games when Hauck took over. There was no QB with any experience at the start of 2003. That was not a Ferrari.

The last game The Griz won prior to BH taking over was winning the National Championship!! YES IT WAS A FERRARI... LOL.. what a tool you are!! :clap: :clap: :thumb: ...

never won it again from that point forward...

Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:
EverettGriz said:
Butte5518 said:
like I said, BH did not build the success he had at UM, he was handed the keys to a Ferrari, then drove it until the wheels came off… He has NEVER built, or re-built a program for that matter and he had 6 years at UNLV and failed miserably...

I share your concerns.

Agreed.

IMHO the love affair with BH is like that of your high school sweetheart... for 20 years you wanted her back then at the reunion you realize she is not all you remember he to be... 15-49 equates to a really ugly old girlfriend...

STUPID

What was Sabans record at Michigan State? 34-24-1

Did that preclude him from being hired as LSU's coach?-NO

He sucked as the Miami Dolphins head coach...losing overall record...has since created arguably the best D1 program to have ever played the game these last 10 years

George Ferguson said:
northendzonecrazy said:
George Ferguson said:
northendzonecrazy said:
+1000

Still don't agree, I don't the Griz players played like they were entitled to anything. I think they wroked their assess off as hard as they possibly could for themselves, for their teammates, this program, the university and the fans. I don't care what Stitt's demeanor was, the team did not lack a work ethic or discipline for that matter. They didn't get the results out of it, but it wasn't for a lack of hard work. That goes for Stitt too. He spent 20 hours a day on it, just like every other football coach does.

Mad respect for all the Griz players, I am positive that they worked their asses off and did everything they could do to win. Perhaps the leadership just wasn’t what it needed to be? He did get canned right?

RobGriz said:
Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:
EverettGriz said:
I share your concerns.

Agreed.

IMHO the love affair with BH is like that of your high school sweetheart... for 20 years you wanted her back then at the reunion you realize she is not all you remember he to be... 15-49 equates to a really ugly old girlfriend...

Speak for yourself. My old girlfriends are still pretty dang cute.

Mine too, but they are starting to look more and more like their moms... :eek:

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:
EverettGriz said:
I share your concerns.

Agreed.

STUPID

He sucked as the Miami Dolphins head coach...losing overall record...has since created arguably the best D1 program to have ever played the game these last 10 years

that fact that you think Saban "created" success at Alabama excludes you from this conversation any further... :lol: ... now aren't you feeling a bit "STUPID" about your comment?

kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Butte5518 said:

The wheels were coming off when we were in NC game his last two years? What an imagination.

Yeah, I can cherrypick shit too. :roll: :roll:

Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

The last game The Griz won prior to BH taking over was winning the National Championship!! YES IT WAS A FERRARI... LOL.. what a tool you are!! :clap: :clap: :thumb: ...

Did we not play in 2002? I mean maybe I missed a season somehow but I'm pretty damn certain we won the NC in 2001 and Bobby took over in 2003. Joe Glenn lost to the Cats in 2002 and broke the streak. Not Bobby H.

Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Just keep spouting crap when you can't even get your facts straight. Here are the results of the last four games in 2002 before Hauck took over in 2003. It's probably news to you that we won the NC in 2001.

11/16/02 EWU 30; UM 21 (Spokane, WA)
11/23/02 MSU 10; UM 7 (Missoula)
11/30/02 UM 45; Northwestern St. 14 (Missoula)
12/7/02 McNeese St. 24; UM 20 (Lake Charles, LA)

So who's the tool.....

kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:
kemajic said:
Butte5518 said:

Just keep spouting crap when you can't even get your facts straight. Here are the results of the last four games in 2002 before Hauck took over in 2003. It's probably news to you that we won the NC in 2001.

11/16/02 EWU 30; UM 21 (Spokane, WA)
11/23/02 MSU 10; UM 7 (Missoula)
11/30/02 UM 45; Northwestern St. 14 (Missoula)
12/7/02 McNeese St. 24; UM 20 (Lake Charles, LA)

4 games do not give an accurate description of where the program stands.

Butte5518 said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Butte5518 said:
AZDoc said:

STUPID

that fact that you think Saban "created" success at Alabama excludes you from this conversation any further... :lol: ... now aren't you feeling a bit "STUPID" about your comment?

Reading comprehension champ, may want to practice up on it.

Back