• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Having an adaptable defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloomberg75 said:
The 2014 stats meant zero to the 2015 matchup since the players and coaches were not the exactly the same as the previous season.
Well, there you have it.

The real reason why no team or coach can ever be shown to improve or deteriorate from season to season.

As usual, "grizindabox" manages to reach World Class stupidity. Using the new name just appears to lower the stat count. :twisted:

Bloomberg75 said:
He wasn't comparing 2015 to 2014. He was merely looking back at how each team was in 2014. The 2014 stats meant zero to the 2015 matchup since the players and coaches were not the exactly the same as the previous season.
This fine piece of gibberish reaches the same caliber as your claim that Stitt didn't "throw Brady under the bus. He just said he played terrible."

UMGriz75 said:
Bloomberg75 said:
The 2014 stats meant zero to the 2015 matchup since the players and coaches were not the exactly the same as the previous season.
Well, there you have it.

The real reason why no team or coach can ever be shown to improve or deteriorate from season to season.

As usual, "grizindabox" manages to reach World Class stupidity. Using the new name just appears to lower the stat count. :twisted:

So which variable would you like to pin the difference between the 2014 and 2015 season? You can even just pick the variable from the Cat game each season. Yep, you got it, since there are multiple variables you can't. Was it changes in personnel for the Griz? Was it changes in personnel for the Cats? Was the weather different? Was it the coaching? How about injuries? But you are right, they are the same. I also never said a person can't look at numbers from season to season, but to truly evaluate you must look beyond just the numbers, which is what real football people do. FYI, I am not whom you think I am.

Bloomberg75 said:
But you are right, they are the same. I also never said a person can't look at numbers from season to season, but to truly evaluate you must look beyond just the numbers, which is what real football people do.
As usual, you have to misquote me in order to have anything to say at all. You had to take that a long and dishonest ways from my comment that the Griz defense in 2015 obviously adjusted in the second half to Cal Poly's rushing offense that was so successful in the first half.

But, thanks at least for now backtracking on your remarks. Apparently, it dawned on you that I was discussing a "first half" and a "second half" that not only occurred in 2015, but in the same day and on the same field, and, the biggest coincidence of all, involved the same teams! This "football knowledge" you claim is remarkable stuff!

You obviously realized you had to backtrack when your penchant for hyperbole had made yourself look like an idiot. And it contrasts nicely with your continuing claims to be a "real football" person, which of course most "real football" people don't actually have to do, post after post.

Bloomberg75 said:
So which variable would you like to pin the difference between the 2014 and 2015 season? You can even just pick the variable from the Cat game each season.
Ask Rob Ash. He can tell you the difference between seasons and "the difference it makes."

UMGriz75 said:
Bloomberg75 said:
So which variable would you like to pin the difference between the 2014 and 2015 season? You can even just pick the variable from the Cat game each season.
Ask Rob Ash. He can tell you the difference between seasons and "the difference it makes."

The top guy will always take the fall when it comes to wins and losses. That does not validate your argument.

UMGriz75 said:
Bloomberg75 said:
But you are right, they are the same. I also never said a person can't look at numbers from season to season, but to truly evaluate you must look beyond just the numbers, which is what real football people do.
As usual, you have to misquote me in order to have anything to say at all. You had to take that a long and dishonest ways from my comment that the Griz defense in 2015 obviously adjusted in the second half to Cal Poly's rushing offense that was so successful in the first half.

But, thanks at least for now backtracking on your remarks. Apparently, it dawned on you that I was discussing a "first half" and a "second half" that not only occurred in 2015, but in the same day and on the same field, and, the biggest coincidence of all, involved the same teams! This "football knowledge" you claim is remarkable stuff!

You obviously realized you had to backtrack when your penchant for hyperbole had made yourself look like an idiot. And it contrasts nicely with your continuing claims to be a "real football" person, which of course most "real football" people don't actually have to do, post after post.

You are the one that compared the 2014 Griz-Cat results with the 2015 results. I did not misquote you on that.

UMGriz75 said:
brewskis said:
UMGriz75 said:
HookedonGriz said:
This is a very valid point. There is no way you can compare two entirely different defenses from different years to try and drive your point if you want anyone to take you seriously.
No, it's not a valid point. They are not "entirely different," if you understand English. Same coaches? Same strategies? Nearly the same personnel? According to you, no coach would ever both to look at an opponent's last year games. Every year starts all over again from scratch, right? We didn't know anything about Cal Poly from the previous year, you are actually claiming that?

And, you want to be taken seriously?
Did Cal Poly have the same personnel as well?
Since the University of Montana athletic department, through GoGriz, made the actual comparison, you'd probably have to ask them. I used the quote to note the discrepancies with the 2015 reported yardage.

http://gogriz.com/news/2015/9/6/FB_0906155114.aspx
So the personnel is nearly the same for one team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloomberg75 said:
The top guy will always take the fall when it comes to wins and losses. That does not validate your argument.
My "argument" that Montana's Defense adjusted to Cal Poly's offense in the second half of the Montana/Cal Poly game? The game where both halves were played on the same day in the same year?

That "argument" is self-validating to probably everyone except you and anyone else trying to argue that it was all oh so much more complicated than just "mere scores."

brewskis said:
So the personnel is nearly the same for one team?
You're referring to a comparison made by the UM Athletic Department on GoGriz between yardage gained in 2014 and 2015. My purpose in using the quote was to note that the GoGriz article had used a substantially lower 2015 yardage figure for Cal Poly in the 2015 game than I had used in my earlier comments about the 2015 Cal Poly game yardage.

The discrepancy between the two yardage figures was in fact for the same Cal Poly team on the same day in the same venue. Any questions about UM Athletic Department's comparison to the 2014 game would really have to be directed to the UM athletic department. I was not making the comparison, and did not make the comparison, and it was irrelevant to the point I was making, but it did just happen to be part of the same GoGriz paragraph.

I can't give you an answer as to why UM chose to make the comparison, and why they thought it was germane to make the comparison, and whether they thought it was germane -- or "valid" -- to some point they were making. I did not write the piece so I can't tell you what their reasoning was.

Ask them. If you disagree with something UM's Athletic Department writes, and why they might compare results from different years, and that you think they lack "Football Knowledge," I am sure they would be happy to discuss it with you and explain their reasoning.

Bloomberg75 said:
You are the one that compared the 2014 Griz-Cat results with the 2015 results. I did not misquote you on that.
Ah, the inevitable "change of the subject."

I understand if you don't think giving the Cats 7 points is better than giving the Cats 35 points. I am sure that you can argue, simply because you always do, that giving the Cats 35 points actually meant that Defense was much better than the Defense that gave them 7 points. Because they were "different" and so not comparable. Damn right they were different. And damn right they are not comparable. You are such a horse's ass, you don't even get it: you don't want them to be "comparable," you want to make changes, you want to put personnel in different places if it makes the position better, you want the graduated seniors to be replaced with higher quality if you can, you may change strategy, you WANT THEM TO BE DIFFERENT because you want them to be better. That's the "comparison" you shoot for. The results that "change" makes. And those results are measured by numbers. Not your "warm fuzzy wuzzies." And if it goes the other way, there's a message there. Seven points is better than 35 points any day of the week in any book except yours.

Everyone knows that they are not comparable. They are not supposed to be, "idiot." It's almost like saying beating the Cats at all really proves nothing, because win/loss records are not comparable. They are different teams! Every year! It's "Football Knowledge!"

You need to write a book with Rob Ash on "Why Results Don't Matter!" The Red Queen can write the Foreword.

Bloomberg75 said:
Oddly, you did not quote me at all on it. Nice slip up though.

Spin-poster-_Bad_Day.jpg

Bloomberg75 said:
UMGriz75, the Rob Ash of egriz posters.
Now you are just crying in your Koolaid. The Koolaid of someone who so desperately wants everyone to know that he "knows all about football," that he will come right out and tell them. Over and over.

Fat Bruno said:
They never end, do they, these lovers' quarrels.
"Grizindabox" aka "Bloomberg75" has pursued his vendettas endlessly; more like a jilted lover, a stalker. Last year, he began trolling basketball game threads, desperately attempting to assert his "Football Knowledge."

Yes, you read that right. "Basketball game threads." During basketball games. Obsessive/Compulsive. As on this thread, making wild accusations that "comparisons don't matter." Read what he is actually saying on this thread. Results can't be compared because teams are "different" as though that is not the whole point of sports: constant change seeking improvement? Seriously? He has argued that point, while claiming that anyone that argues that "results matter" has no "Football Knowledge!"

"Change" is the point of sports -- "Citius, Altius, Fortius". He argues, pathetically, that such changes render sports unable to make comparisons. News Flash: It is the whole damn point of sports. I've never read such flagrant idiocy.

You have to measure that poster by what he says. And it is far, far "out there."

UMGriz75 said:
HookedonGriz said:
This is a very valid point. There is no way you can compare two entirely different defenses from different years to try and drive your point if you want anyone to take you seriously.
No, it's not a valid point. They are not "entirely different," if you understand English. Same coaches? Same strategies? Nearly the same personnel? According to you, no coach would ever both to look at an opponent's last year games. Every year starts all over again from scratch, right? We didn't know anything about Cal Poly from the previous year, you are actually claiming that?

And, geniuses, the quote was from GoGriz. I didn't make the comparison. I was quoting it to note that GoGrz noted that the 2015 yardage was lower than the 2015 yardage I had used. You guys read as well as you analyze.

And, you want to be taken seriously?

No no no. Nice try. I was referring to your direct quote of "cats scored 7 under Ty" and "cats scored 35 under Senore". To use two entirely different years, two different defenses, and playing two very different offenses (bleskin and his 4 interceptions vs prukop) is just assinine and is a total apples to oranges comparison. If you can't see that yourself, no one can help you. No one. Wow scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back