• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

High School Football Talk

Buttegrizzle said:
Stay the course Howard. Some of us do want to hear about who's coming up. Plus, it adds to the Friday night games to have an idea who to watch. Some of these kids will become Griz or Cats and we will all be talking about that eventually.

Thanks for the support and I will! Last week I had the top30 list coming out and was just trying to get some names I might not of heard of and watch their film. But yes, this Sunday I will put up a new topic. Thanks again

I am sure on a forum entitled "Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS" there are abundant fans just aching to read about 15, 16 and 17 year old high school boys in the throws of puberty playing high school football. Now that "Men and Women's Collegiate Baskeball" has become an official "Grizzly Softball" forum, why not muddy up a collegiate football forum with the endless minutiae of high school football, most of the students of which are not even going to play in our conference.

Why not play by some rules? This isn't a high school fan board. That's why it has the title. I am sure your personal interest and knowledge in pubescent sports is worthy some attention to someone, but why do you assume it has to be a collegiate football forum?

UMGriz75 said:
I am sure on a forum entitled "Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS" there are abundant fans just aching to read about 15, 16 and 17 year old high school boys in the throws of puberty playing high school football. Now that "Men and Women's Collegiate Baskeball" has become an official "Grizzly Softball" forum, why not muddy up a collegiate football forum with the endless minutiae of high school football, most of the students of which are not even going to play in our conference.

Why not play by some rules? This isn't a high school fan board. That's why it has the title. I am sure your personal interest and knowledge in pubescent sports is worthy some attention to someone, but why do you assume it has to be a collegiate football forum?

God forbid MTHS athletes get some sort exposure... that would be horrible.

SeattleBobcat said:
UMGriz75 said:

Exactly. It's this type of attitude that prevents Montana kids from playing in the Big Sky Conference. If you don't like it then don't participate in this forum. It's that simple.

HowardRoss280 said:
SeattleBobcat said:
UMGriz75 said:

Exactly. It's this type of attitude that prevents Montana kids from playing in the Big Sky Conference. If you don't like it then don't participate in this forum. It's that simple.

I'm the first to admit I'm not a huge fan of UM75, but you're response above is ridiculous. If you think message board thoughts or attitudes play any role whatsoever in these kids decisions to play in this conference you are insanely gullible.

HookedonGriz said:
HowardRoss280 said:
SeattleBobcat said:
UMGriz75 said:

I'm the first to admit I'm not a huge fan of UM75, but you're response above is ridiculous. If you think message board thoughts or attitudes play any role whatsoever in these kids decisions to play in this conference you are insanely gullible.

Not quite what I'm getting at. I am completely aware that what we say on a forum doesn't affect what the coaches think. But it's all in the idea of spreading the word of a kids talent. If no one is talking about them then they won't get noticed. But if we talk about them here and someone sees it and relays that info to one of their friends who relays it to their friends, it eventually becomes known around the state. It's a pretty simple idea, the goal here is to start the spread of that kids talent.

Buttegrizzle said:
Stay the course Howard. Some of us do want to hear about who's coming up. Plus, it adds to the Friday night games to have an idea who to watch. Some of these kids will become Griz or Cats and we will all be talking about that eventually.

agree with buttegrizzle, continue to do your thing howard, imo it adds value to montana football and if people do not like the title of the thread, don't click.....

krammer said:
Buttegrizzle said:

agree with buttegrizzle, continue to do your thing howard, imo it adds value to montana football and if people do not like the title of the thread, don't click.....

Thank you. I put out this info for those who are interested. And if those who aren't interested then yes, don't click on this thread

HowardRoss280 said:
Thank you. I put out this info for those who are interested. And if those who aren't interested then yes, don't click on this thread
Kind of like those who are interested in "Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS" can click on a link about the "Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS" and find, instead, reams of undigested pseudo-analysis of pubescent high school boys. Everything has its place. This isn't it.

UMGriz75 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
Kind of like those who are interested in "Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS" can click on a link about the "Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS" and find, instead, reams of undigested pseudo-analysis of pubescent high school boys. Everything has its place. This isn't it.

If anyone knows about pubescent high school boys, it would be you 75.

Some weird people on here. The thread title says it all, why visit it and respond if you're not interested in the topic. Why does it bother you? Good topic that is related to griz football and the fcs in a round about way (more so than a lot of threads on this forum), keep it going...

UMGriz75 said:
HowardRoss280 said:

Seems that you're the only one with a problem here. Yes it's not a topic on he griz directly but in a indirect way it is. If you have a problem don't click on the thread. Simple as that

G-BEARS said:
Some weird people on here. The thread title says it all, why visit it and respond if you're not interested in the topic. Why does it bother you? Good topic that is related to griz football and the fcs in a round about way (more so than a lot of threads on this forum), keep it going...

You're completely correct. This isn't a griz topic directly but in some ways it is. And honestly, it's more on topic then some of the other topics on this site. Hell some aren't even about football, so at least we are talking about football, and potential kids we will see at the next level

HowardRoss280 said:
Seems that you're the only one with a problem here. Yes it's not a topic on he griz directly but in a indirect way it is. If you have a problem don't click on the thread. Simple as that
You flatter yourself. Out of 15,000 plus, you get five lonely and bored supporters? The forum topic is clear. It's not "high school football." News flash. The University of Montana is a university, with formerly a top notch collegiate football program. Now, thanks to the five or six geniuses who like to see their own names in print every day, we aren't.

UMGriz75 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
You flatter yourself. Out of 15,000 plus, you get five lonely and bored supporters? The forum topic is clear. It's not "high school football." News flash. The University of Montana is a university, with formerly a top notch collegiate football program. Now, thanks to the five or six geniuses who like to see their own names in print every day, we aren't.
What exactly is your fear? That a single thread about high school football will somehow violate the sanctity of eGriz? Or maybe the eGriz moral turpitude clause? Perhaps cyber reinheitsgabot? Seriously? I know you have been coming here long enough that you know this place is way beyond that. Let the boys have their fun.

Well, I see it took exactly two days of 75 being out of purgatory for the new guy to realize what a complete asswipe he is.

EverettGriz said:
Well, I see it took exactly two days of 75 being out of purgatory for the new guy to realize what a complete asswipe he is.

75 is the cold sore of Egriz. He goes away but then he comes back.

Back to the thread, I think Butte will be much improved next fall. A large number of seniors will have been starting since their sophomore year. They will finally be playing kids their own age or younger. There are at least four in the 2018 class who will play college ball at some level. I'm thinking they will surprise some people this season.

Buttegrizzle said:
Back to the thread, I think Butte will be much improved next fall. A large number of seniors will have been starting since their sophomore year. They will finally be playing kids their own age or younger. There are at least four in the 2018 class who will play college ball at some level. I'm thinking they will surprise some people this season.

I agree. The past few years Butte just wasn't able to field seniors consistently. This year they have about the average number of seniors and the experience will be huge for them. There are a lot of tough teams out there this year, but I want everyone to be competitive, the more competition there is the better.

Back