• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I hope I'm Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlanta Griz1

I would love to eat crow about my opinions on Stitt and Brady. I hope Stitt wins the National Championship this year, and Brady throws for 4,000 yards and we light up the scoreboard like a 1970's pin ball machine.

If it happens, I will be the first to congratulate both Stitt and Brady, and admit I was totally wrong about them.

I am just not a coater, and will continue to be Fair/Balanced/and Unafraid about being objective concerning my team.

You see, it's comfortable and easy to drink the Kool-Aid, and make flowery predictions which don't stand a chance of happening. It takes knowledge and objectivity to call it as you see it. Few on here have it.

Thread title is such bullshit.....ATL never wants to be wrong....he never believes he is wrong....

AllWeatherFan said:
It's pretty easy to predict that a team WON'T win a national championship. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uh, I already predicted a 7-4 record at best, and possibly missing the playoffs. If we do make it in a 24-team field, we will not go far. Pretty easy to win a home playoff game against Bethune Cookman or Jackson State, but then it's one-n-done after that. Until we figure out that defense wins championships, and focus on that instead of recruiting 30 wide receivers, it will not happen.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I would love to eat crow about my opinions on Stitt and Brady. I hope Stitt wins the National Championship this year, and Brady throws for 4,000 yards and we light up the scoreboard like a 1970's pin ball machine.

If it happens, I will create yet another e-griz persona and take another angle. This is my life.

I am just not a coater, and will continue to be Fair/Balanced/and Unafraid about being objective concerning my team.

You see, it's comfortable and easy to drink the Kool-Aid, and make flowery predictions which don't stand a chance of happening. It takes knowledge and objectivity to call it as you see it. Few on here have it.

Fair enough...........

Will we lose because of the sub-par coaching? Or will it be the quality of players that drags us down? You've been critical of both.

I think UM will not make the playoffs. Hope I'm wrong. If we don't make it, I get to be right. If we do make it, my hopes will come true and I get to say I hoped to be wrong all along. It's so much easier on my fragile ego to make consistently negative predictions regardless of personnel and coaching staff. If I'm ever wrong about anything, I'm also pleasantly surprised. I never have to be disappointed.

CDAGRIZ said:
I think UM will not make the playoffs. Hope I'm wrong. If we don't make it, I get to be right. If we do make it, my hopes will come true and I get to say I hoped to be wrong all along. It's so much easier on my fragile ego to make consistently negative predictions regardless of personnel and coaching staff. If I'm ever wrong about anything, I'm also pleasantly surprised. I never have to be disappointed.

winner1.png

Raider said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

If it happens, I will create yet another e-griz persona and take another angle. This is my life.

Fair enough...........

Raider, it below you to change my post. What has gotten into you? You are one of the few posters I respect, but your panties are in a wad over this recruiting thing. Let's just agree to disagree on that one. You can use your insider info to figure out which assistants also feel that our in-state recruiting slipped under Pflu & Delaney. You know damned good and well that the ONLY reason I have to ever use a new screen name, is because the mods ban the previous screen name. I would like to go back to my original screen name, Wolfman, and loose all of the subsequent ones.

If the mods are willing to take that screen name out of permanent purgatory, I will go back to it now.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Raider said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Fair enough...........

Raider, it below you to change my post. What has gotten into you? You are one of the few posters I respect, but your panties are in a wad over this recruiting thing. Let's just agree to disagree on that one. You can use your insider info to figure out which assistants also feel that our in-state recruiting slipped under Pflu & Delaney. You know damned good and well that the ONLY reason I have to ever use a new screen name, is because the mods ban the previous screen name. I would like to go back to my original screen name, Wolfman, and loose all of the subsequent ones.

If the mods are willing to take that screen name out of permanent purgatory, I will go back to it now.

So Stitt has been the savior for in-state recruiting....or not....guess I am not sure which side you have flipped to now.....

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Raider said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Fair enough...........

That's fair. That was an immature cheap shot on my part. My bad.

Will we ever have an end to the simple minded crap about defense winning championships? Outscoring the other teams is what wins … championships or anything else. That is done with a combination of offense and defense. Sometimes one is more dominant; sometimes the other. Being great on both sides is obviously best. You see, I can state and proclaim these inane platitudes for I can say in all humility that I am not a coater, for you see, once again, I am one who is always fair, balanced and objective in all I survey, a rare virtue which I alone amongst men possess. And, I will tell you about it again, tomorrow … and the day after. Then, one fine day, I will believe.

grizindabox said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Raider said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Fair enough...........

So Stitt has been the savior for in-state recruiting....or not....guess I am not sure which side you have flipped to now.....

I never flip on anything. Show me an example, or STFU. IF WE RETURN to dominating in-state recruiting, it will be because of two Montana bred assistant coaches, not so much Stitt.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizindabox said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Raider said:
Fair enough...........

I never flip on anything. Show me an example, or STFU. IF WE RETURN to dominating in-state recruiting, it will be because of two Montana bred assistant coaches, not so much Stitt.

I hated Paulsen's style of passive defense, but he was a GREAT recruiter in-state, and we have missed his ability to recruit Montana kids since he left.

Fat Bruno said:
Will we ever have an end to the simple minded crap about defense winning championships? Outscoring the other teams is what wins … championships or anything else. That is done with a combination of offense and defense. Sometimes one is more dominant; sometimes the other. Being great on both sides is obviously best. You see, I can state and proclaim these inane platitudes for I can say in all humility that I am not a coater, for you see, once again, I am one who is always fair, balanced and objective in all I survey, a rare virtue which I alone amongst men possess. And, I will tell you about it again, tomorrow … and the day after. Then, one fine day, I will believe.

Good stuff Bruno. Maybe you can give CDA lessons.....

Atlanta Griz1 said:
grizindabox said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Raider said:
Fair enough...........

So Stitt is not the savior....guess you left him off your list...

Growler, serious question. If you are truly objective and fair balanced, what are some of the things that you are excited about with this coaching staff and this team. I ask because I've only seen negative and am curious if you see any positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back