• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I hope I'm Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I'm thinking more along the lines of: "it was a million to one shot, doc! There I was, tap dancing on a Vaseline covered tarp in my bare feet, just like I always do, when I slipped and fell butt first right onto a damned 60 watt lightbulb somebody must've left laying around. Million to one shot!"

Perfect example of what I'm talking about. You ain't funny, dude. If you were any more stupid, we'd have to plant you to keep you alive.

So, still up there, eh?

Yeah, but the mods have their finger on the ban button. All they need is a few more whiners to put them over the edge. Then you and your buddies can have your love-fest and tell each other how funny you are.

Sounds delightful. As everyone knows, it's not a question of if, only when. If you knew anything about football, maybe you would post something that made sense once in a while. As it is, you're just a constipated old man.

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Growler, serious question. If you are truly objective and fair balanced, what are some of the things that you are excited about with this coaching staff and this team. I ask because I've only seen negative and am curious if you see any positive.

I realize I seem negative, but a big part of it is just to create discussion on a morose board suffering from domination by a couple of wannabee comedian posters who do not talk football. They know who they are. So, I pick up the slack during down times. You'll have to admit that the board would be pretty Ho-Hum the past couple of weeks without me stirring the pot. I have to go to an appointment now, so I'll give you all of my positives when I return.

Honestly, starting threads like this doesn't generate football-related discussions. It just turns this bat-sh!t crazy place - even more crazy.

I can't wait for Growler to get himself band again.

Good post, but I took it upon myself to make a small edit, SG.

:lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
Sounds delightful. As everyone knows, it's not a question of if, only when. If you knew anything about football, maybe you would post something that made sense once in a while. As it is, you're just a constipated old man.

Hey! Lightbulb impaction is a very real and serious medical condition and shouldn't be made light of!

Image-98.jpg

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I would love to eat crow about my opinions on Stitt and Brady. I hope Stitt wins the National Championship this year, and Brady throws for 4,000 yards and we light up the scoreboard like a 1970's pin ball machine.

If it happens, I will be the first to congratulate both Stitt and Brady, and admit I was totally wrong about them.

I am just not a coater, and will continue to be Fair/Balanced/and Unafraid about being objective concerning my team.

You see, it's comfortable and easy to drink the Kool-Aid, and make flowery predictions which don't stand a chance of happening. It takes knowledge and objectivity to call it as you see it. Few on here have it.

Let's hear you admit that you were wrong about Canada having a career rushing average per carry over 5 yards. It's 5.22.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but I don't think you can admit that you were wrong about Canada's average per carry being over 5. Are you willing to be objective and fair about what Canada's career rushing average was? Are you willing to step up and be a man, or will you just run out of the back door on this one too?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I would love to eat crow about my opinions on Stitt and Brady. I hope Stitt wins the National Championship this year, and Brady throws for 4,000 yards and we light up the scoreboard like a 1970's pin ball machine.

If it happens, I will be the first to congratulate both Stitt and Brady, and admit I was totally wrong about them.

I am just not a coater, and will continue to be Fair/Balanced/and Unafraid about being objective concerning my team.

You see, it's comfortable and easy to drink the Kool-Aid, and make flowery predictions which don't stand a chance of happening. It takes knowledge and objectivity to call it as you see it. Few on here have it.

What's absolutely hilarious about you (and something you'll NEVER see or admit to) is that you view your role as the nattering nabob of negativity as "objectivity", and anybody who deigns to post a positive thought about an individual player, the team or the coaches is just an idiot sugar coater who never played the game.

I can assure you of one thing: There isn't a single poster on this site (other than you) who views your constant barrage of negativity as "objective". Nobody is sitting around going "man, I sure wish ol' atlantagriz would start another thread about all the problems with this f***[*] team, because we really need his kind of objectivity around this sugar palace."

Do you have to lie to lamely try to make your point, or, just like Hillary & Obama, lying comes naturally to you? I have NEVER used the Playa Rape mantra that "you never played the game" to identify pedestrian fans.

:lol: Nice dodge of the REST of the post, Gomer. It's ALL true, and you know it.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
maroonandsilver said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I realize I seem negative, but a big part of it is just to create discussion on a morose board suffering from domination by a couple of wannabee comedian posters who do not talk football. They know who they are. So, I pick up the slack during down times. You'll have to admit that the board would be pretty Ho-Hum the past couple of weeks without me stirring the pot. I have to go to an appointment now, so I'll give you all of my positives when I return.

I hope your appointment is with a highly-qualified mental health professional, and you get the help you need.

I'm thinking more along the lines of: "it was a million to one shot, doc! There I was, tap dancing on a Vaseline covered tarp in my bare feet, just like I always do, when I slipped and fell butt first right onto a damned 60 watt lightbulb somebody must've left laying around. Million to one shot!"

Perfect example of what I'm talking about. You ain't funny, dude. If you were any more stupid, we'd have to plant you to keep you alive.
Actually that was funny as hell. Unless you're a pedestrian fan of comedy...

Atlanta Griz1 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Growler, serious question. If you are truly objective and fair balanced, what are some of the things that you are excited about with this coaching staff and this team. I ask because I've only seen negative and am curious if you see any positive.

I get that and I like when you talk football because you know enough to be dangerous and have good discussion. I do think you lean on the side of negativity most times with very little positive. I understand many on here are too positive (probably including myself most times) but a good balance would be better accepted here in my opinion. That is why I wanted to know what positives you see with coaches and team. Thanks for feedback.

SoldierGriz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Honestly, starting threads like this doesn't generate football-related discussions. It just turns this bat-sh!t crazy place - even more crazy.

I can't wait for the season to start.
Why? The season is over, UM lost, and it's all Stitt's fault because there were few Montana kids, and UM is just not up to being what they were back when I played baseball...or some such shit.

I hope he makes sense and puts up something worth replying to, 3 pages of juvenile prattle notwithstanding.

I am excited about:

1) Our last recruiting class. While they still have not played a down, I judge a recruiting class by the number of kids with "star-rankings" by Rivals, which I have been a member of for many years. Stitt's first class had one 3-star recruit, and quite a few 2-star recruits. This is unprecedented, and, at least on paper, this is the best recruiting class we have ever had here at UM. One caveat. Great recruits don't always mean wins. The kids have to be coached-up, and not every coach has the ability to do so. Mark Richt and Mack Brown are two coaches who come to mind. Both always had nationally ranked recruiting classes every year, but their teams could never win the big one (Texas won one NC with Vince Young at QB). To me, the book is still very much out on Stitt after what I saw last season.

2) I am very excited at the new athletic facility, which will return us to have the #1 facilities in all of FCS football. This will give us a huge recruiting advantage envied by every other team we compete with, including NDSU. Therefore, the excuses for not going deep into the playoffs like we used to should STOP!

3) I am excited about our new D-coordinator. While he is still un-tested at this level, I have heard nothing but positives about him from the coaches I know, and a couple of current players. Also, it is addition by subtraction, because Ty was not capable of being a good D-coordinator, so we win anyway by him leaving.

4) I am VERY excited that Stitt has hired a couple of position coaches with deep ties to Montana high school football, and have that "will-not-to-lose" attitude from playing on those great teams we used to field. I hope (and think) that these coaches will be able to re-install that attitude to this year's team. If we can re-capture that swagger, we will stop blowing wins the way we did last season. And, I believe that these two can return us to domination of in-state recruiting.

5) I am excited that we were able to sign a former 3-star QB, who played in the toughest conference in all of college football. I believe that he will show why he was a 3-star recruit, and re-place our up-and-down starting QB to give us some talent and stability at that position over the next couple of seasons.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

1) Our last recruiting class. While they still have not played a down, I judge a recruiting class by the number of kids with "star-rankings" by Rivals, which I have been a member of for many years. Stitt's first class had one 3-star recruit, and quite a few 2-star recruits. This is unprecedented, and, at least on paper, this is the best recruiting class we have ever had here at UM. One caveat. Great recruits don't always mean wins. The kids have to be coached-up, and not every coach has the ability to do so. Mark Richt and Mack Brown are two coaches who come to mind. Both always had nationally ranked recruiting classes every year, but their teams could never win the big one (Texas won one NC with Vince Young at QB). To me, the book is still very much out on Stitt after what I saw last season.

2) I am very excited at the new athletic facility, which will return us to have the #1 facilities in all of FCS football. This will give us a huge recruiting advantage envied by every other team we compete with, including NDSU. Therefore, the excuses for not going deep into the playoffs like we used to should STOP!

3) I am excited about our new D-coordinator. While he is still un-tested at this level, I have heard nothing but positives about him from the coaches I know, and a couple of current players. Also, it is addition by subtraction, because Ty was not capable of being a good D-coordinator, so we win anyway by him leaving.

4) I am VERY excited that Stitt has hired a couple of position coaches with deep ties to Montana high school football, and have that "will-not-to-lose" attitude from playing on those great teams we used to field. I hope (and think) that these coaches will be able to re-install that attitude to this year's team. If we can re-capture that swagger, we will stop blowing wins the way we did last season. And, I believe that these two can return us to domination of in-state recruiting.

5) I am excited that we were able to sign a former 3-star QB, who played in the toughest conference in all of college football. I believe that he will show why he was a 3-star recruit, and re-place our up-and-down starting QB to give us some talent and stability at that position over the next couple of seasons.

Good post and good perspective. Thanks for feedback.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

I take stars with a grain of salt....and congrats on your long membership with Rivals....have you received your "Rivals Only" polo yet.....

HookedonGriz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

Good post and good perspective. Thanks for feedback.

It is a good post with the exception of #5. I too am excited the Griz brought Phillips in - I think he can provide a healthy dose of competition for Gus. I think his experience will benefit the Program - and propel (not replace) Gus to an excellent season. I also think he is our starter the following year.

Some things never change on eGriz. Guess that's why I haven't been over here in so long I forgot my password.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

2. How will the new performance center give UM a "huge recruiting advantage"? Obviously, the center will be a big positive and will help with recuiting, but "huge recruiting advantage"? Is the center actually going to be the nicest such facility in all of FCS? I don't know, but I think there are some pretty nice facilities in FCS.

3. TG already was a good DC. We will see how quickly Semore can become one.

4. Who has "deep ties to Montana high school football"? I know that Ferriter, Selle, and Schillinger played high school ball in MT, and Selle coached at Billing West for several years. Don't think Ferriter or Schillinger have ever coached in MT. Schillinger's dad is/was a coach in southestern MT, I believe.

5. The qb who was at Kentucky looks to have a very nice arm and nice potential, but he didn't exactly "play" in the SEC. I too am glad he is at UM.

6. Good start with your list, but is this really all you're excited about?

7. Congratulations for being a "member of Rivals for many years".

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

Very good post. Thank you. I would add that I am excited to see if the new conditioning of the O-line will make positive changes.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I am excited about:

Thanks Brinty............most of that made me laugh.

You keep your gold stars, I will take talent/heart any day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back