• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If Sneed fails....

IMeanGrizness said:
BWahlberg said:
IMeanGrizness said:
If Sneed fails it will be Stitts fault.

He is the one that left 25 wide receivers and a really bad OL. Neither QB is going to look good behind the worst OL in Griz history

:roll:

- Stitt and his staff recruited multiple O-linemen every year, I think he brought in 5 in each of his last two recruiting classes, including a few that were 3-star recruits.

- Stitt had to put together a patchwork OL and covert two TEs for it because when he took over there was a prior gap in any recruited OL players. It turned out Sprunk and Ralston worked well and both as seniors won jobs over RS frosh.

- Hauck retained Stitt's O-line coach and the S&T coach. I would think that if Bobby wasn't happy with Stitt's work regarding all things O-line he'd probably not have made that move (and yes I'm aware Germer and Hauck go way back).

- The talent this team has at WR will actually be incredibly beneficial to Sneed, is there really anyone who doesn't believe that?
I don't believe we have the talent at WR that you obviously do, but none of that matters either way if the OL is bad. We have a very bad OL and that proves that Stitt was in over his head and shows you the so called talent he recruited is middle of the pack in the Frontier conference. I very much don't believe the WR talent will be beneficial to Sneed, he is going to be running for his life this season.

What proof can you give me that the 4 new starters we have this year will be bad? (you can't). I'll admit on the inverse I can't admit they'll be good either. However you're jumping to a massive conclusion that they'll be awful, when right now we have no solid evidence either way.

The group of Toure/Curran/Calhoun/JLM/Akem as the main rotating guys plus some developing depth is a DAMN GOOD group and if you don't think they are then really I'd be even more suspect of all your opinions.

Stitt's offense required the O-line to protect the QB much longer than Hauck/Rosy's will. Additionally this new offense will put much more emphasis on running, use of TE's, and use of FB's. All of which will alter how defenses plan to stop the team and pressure the QB. I think the 2018 offense is going to be designed to help the QB make quicker passes, quicker decisions, and be protected by more blockers more often.

I’ve had a couple of people ask me this already, and I don’t think this is the case but do you guys think maybe Gresch got a better offer? Maybe like backup for a power 5 this year and then starting QB the following year? Again I’m going to guess this is not the case but people have brought this up to me

griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
What if the whole team quits? What if Bobby quits? What if?

Calm down buddy. There’s no way Bobby’s quitting on us again. He’s here to stay this time.

Wait, you thought I was serious?? hahaha.

No, even in just reading text, I’m smart enough to sense sarcasm. A trait many on here lack.

BWahlberg said:
IMeanGrizness said:
BWahlberg said:
IMeanGrizness said:
If Sneed fails it will be Stitts fault.

He is the one that left 25 wide receivers and a really bad OL. Neither QB is going to look good behind the worst OL in Griz history

- Stitt and his staff recruited multiple O-linemen every year, I think he brought in 5 in each of his last two recruiting classes, including a few that were 3-star recruits.

- Stitt had to put together a patchwork OL and covert two TEs for it because when he took over there was a prior gap in any recruited OL players. It turned out Sprunk and Ralston worked well and both as seniors won jobs over RS frosh.

- Hauck retained Stitt's O-line coach and the S&T coach. I would think that if Bobby wasn't happy with Stitt's work regarding all things O-line he'd probably not have made that move (and yes I'm aware Germer and Hauck go way back).

- The talent this team has at WR will actually be incredibly beneficial to Sneed, is there really anyone who doesn't believe that?
I don't believe we have the talent at WR that you obviously do, but none of that matters either way if the OL is bad. We have a very bad OL and that proves that Stitt was in over his head and shows you the so called talent he recruited is middle of the pack in the Frontier conference. I very much don't believe the WR talent will be beneficial to Sneed, he is going to be running for his life this season.

What proof can you give me that the 4 new starters we have this year will be bad? (you can't). I'll admit on the inverse I can't admit they'll be good either. However you're jumping to a massive conclusion that they'll be awful, when right now we have no solid evidence either way.

The group of Toure/Curran/Calhoun/JLM/Akem as the main rotating guys plus some developing depth is a DAMN GOOD group and if you don't think they are then reallyI'd be even more suspect of all your opinions.

Stitt's offense required the O-line to protect the QB much longer than Hauck/Rosy's will. Additionally this new offense will put much more emphasis on running, use of TE's, and use of FB's. All of which will alter how defenses plan to stop the team and pressure the QB. I think the 2018 offense is going to be designed to help the QB make quicker passes, quicker decisions, and be protected by more blockers more often.

Reached that conclusion on his 1st post.

Griz til I die said:
I’ve had a couple of people ask me this already, and I don’t think this is the case but do you guys think maybe Gresch got a better offer? Maybe like backup for a power 5 this year and then starting QB the following year? Again I’m going to guess this is not the case but people have brought this up to me

Schools can't "recruit" kids on other rosters until they announce their intent to transfer and are granted it.

BWahlberg said:
Griz til I die said:

Schools can't "recruit" kids on other rosters until they announce their intent to transfer and are granted it.

And he wouldn't be a very good "backup" next fall for a Power 5, since he'd be ineligible to play for the season.

Griz til I die said:

You mean except for the fact that he would have to sit a year if transferring to any FBS/FCS school?

PlayerRep said:
BWahlberg said:
Griz til I die said:

And he wouldn't be a very good "backup" next fall for a Power 5, since he'd be ineligible to play for the season.

Isn't he allowed to avoid losing a year since there's been a coaching change?

BWahlberg said:
PlayerRep said:
BWahlberg said:
Griz til I die said:

Isn't he allowed to avoid losing a year since there's been a coaching change?

No, exceptions have been made in cases of rules infractions, example like most recently Baylor, but not hiring/firing of coach. JUCO or level under current playing level and he can play immediately.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Fahque said:
He gets three year to #RTD...that's the new standard. If he can't do it in three years he should be sent packing.

Is this an officially published standard? If so, could you provide a link?

Yes, it was effectively established in 2017.

BWahlberg said:
Griz til I die said:

It still happens though.

alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
What if the whole team quits? What if Bobby quits? What if?

Calm down buddy. There’s no way Bobby’s quitting on us again. He’s here to stay this time.

Wait, you thought I was serious?? hahaha.

No, even in just reading text, I’m smart enough to sense sarcasm. A trait many on here lack.

Calm down pal. Remember, Hauck once beat Idaho with Justin Hartman and Kyle Samson. Doesn't get much worse than that.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Fahque said:
He gets three year to #RTD...that's the new standard. If he can't do it in three years he should be sent packing.

Is this an officially published standard? If so, could you provide a link?

Yes, it was effectively established in 2017.

Established does not mean the same thing as officially published, and don't even get me started on double-standards.

Back